It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Creation of ISIS

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RyanDaniel
a reply to: Staroth

They knew killing Saddam would open the gates of hell in the whole region.

Yea, its not like Sadam was gassing Kurds, mass executing, mass grave digging, invading other countries and firing SCUD missiles into Israle. Other than that he was just a good ol boy.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RyanDaniel

I actually couldn't say that they were not on location. It was a pretty safe place and I don't see why CNN wouldn't send a reporter, but anyone who has watched the entirety of the footage knows they were hamming it up and it definitely wasn't news. Like when he is with the other guy and the reporter thinks he smells something and grabs his gas mask and the other guy throws on a helmet.. it's just ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

And what's happening now in Iraq? Militants executing people by the hundreds (if not thousands), with zero order whatsoever.

Do you think Iraq is better off now or pre invasion? Future looking bright?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

I actually couldn't say that they were not on location. It was a pretty safe place and I don't see why CNN wouldn't send a reporter, but anyone who has watched the entirety of the footage knows they were hamming it up and it definitely wasn't news. Like when he is with the other guy and the reporter thinks he smells something and grabs his gas mask and the other guy throws on a helmet.. it's just ridiculous.

I can agree with that. Anyone who doubts corporate media is just a lying propaganda machine can watch this and have no doubts.

[SNIP]
edit on 8/31/2014 by kosmicjack because: removed video

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

a reply to: Staroth

They knew killing Saddam would open the gates of hell in the whole region.

Yea, its not like Sadam was gassing Kurds, mass executing, mass grave digging, invading other countries and firing SCUD missiles into Israle. Other than that he was just a good ol boy.

Saddam was a horrible guy, but that wasn't our reason for invading his country and hanging him.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

And what's happening now in Iraq? Militants executing people by the hundreds (if not thousands), with zero order whatsoever.

I am just pointing out to you guys that love these strong tyrant "order" types as a viable alternative that all you were getting is a controlled environment. In reality if we unleashed on ISIS they wouldn't last very long. When you get all worked up about the good ol days with Sadam you are doing nothing but supporting age old policies of supporting heavy handed dictators.

You international relations experts should know that the real cause of destabilization was the US leaving Iraq to soon. You cant really bemoan Sadam and then criticize the US for staying in country. Some of you are the same that bought into the US should get out of Iraq but are now talking about what a stabilizing effect Sadam had, which is also bullcrap.

One of the main highlight points in this whole thing, and hardly mentioned, is the Iraqi government foot dragging to do anything about it themselves. That says more than anything considering the Iraqi military now has Iranian chief advisors who must be advising the Iraqis not to attack.
edit on 31-8-2014 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

I covered the real reason for destabilization in the video. CIA going into these countries and forming rebellions against regimes. Arming and aiding rebels with known Al Qaeda affiliates. The CIA was even involved with Saddam as he was one of their assets in the Middle East throughout the 80's until we betrayed him after giving him the go-ahead to invade Kuwait. We re-niged the green light we gave him and then the Gulf War began. Again, its all about money and control of natural resources and nothing to do with the good of the people.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
ATTENTION!!

Stop the insults and off topic posts. Discuss or debunk in a civil fashion, this is an alternative discussion site, not YT comments section.

(post by Thurisaz removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   

I covered the real reason for destabilization in the video. CIA going into these countries and forming rebellions against regimes. Arming and aiding rebels with known Al Qaeda affiliates. The CIA was even involved with Saddam as he was one of their assets in the Middle East throughout the 80's until we betrayed him after giving him the go-ahead to invade Kuwait. We re-niged the green light we gave him and then the Gulf War began. Again, its all about money and control of natural resources and nothing to do with the good of the people.

Well just so you know I am not one of those folks that get squeamish about wars over oil. Better we go in and make sure its secured than have a guy like Sadam, who thought he may be Nebuchadnezzar reborn, get control of all those oil fields.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

I am just pointing out to you guys that love these strong tyrant "order" types as a viable alternative

I'm sorry, are you describing me? You don't know anything about me, so that's an ignorant thing to say.
Also, you aren't pointing out anything to me or anyone.

I wouldn't live under a tyrant, but if I found myself born into that situation, because I am living under a tyrant i'd be acutely aware of what might happen to me if he found out I didn't want to live under him and was pursuing such a life. Regardless of living conditions when there is order you generally have an idea of how to get by in the world without being shot in a ditch if you so choose. When there is chaos you don't.

It's for the people to rise against the tyrants organically. If it isn't organic than it's not likely to succeed it becomes a clusterf*** of other countries giving weapons to anyone who approaches them saying they were there from the start. There is no order from the start there is no order in the end.

It's a war across the world. If we gave them what you think we did they wouldn't hate us. We've supported both sides within a year. Now we are on the verge of having to side with Syria to fight the guys we armed against them.

And no you're of course completely wrong (from the first sentence on apparently). It obviously was us entering Iraq at all (for no legitimate reason) that destabilized them, not us leaving too soon. That is just absurd.
edit on 31-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kosmicjack

KJ I can't seem to get a handle on Ryans
video. He seems to be offline at the moment.

Lil help? Anybody?

Am I miss'n something here?
edit on Rpm83114v05201400000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: kosmicjack

KJ I can't seem to get a handle on Ryans
video. He seems to be offline at the moment.

Lil help? Anybody?

Am I miss'n something here?

What's up Randy? Is the video not working for you? It's blocked in Germany, but that's the only country I know of it being blocked in.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

This is one side of the conspiracy theory; the other says the Israelis are running the show.

Then another version says the Israelis AND Saudis actually are allies!

Others say the ISIS creation is to get all the Jihadists in one spot so they can be exterminated all at once.

I think there is truth to some of this just but there is no firm proof of these conspiracy theories though they have circumstantial proof that is good enough to know there is something underneath going on

It all depends on who is behind the conspiracy theory: If it is from Global research, a left wing outfit, or Webster Tarpley, it is likely the theory that the US or NATO is the wizard of Oz behind the curtain.

If it is from Vet’s today, Dave Icke, or Rense types it is the Israelis behind all of it and sometimes the US Illuminati Conspiracy school of thought.

Alex Jones, a right wing conspiracy theory also agrees with the left wing analyses but from a right perspective

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Yes, and we have to put it all in a pot, boil out the BS and see what is left.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Can you give me the link? I don't have the first clue what's up?

No link in the OP No video to be seen. I'm in the U.S.

boil out the BS and see what is left.

Simple premise, so upsetting for the mind ####ed.

And it makes me wonder.

edit on Rpm83114v00201400000044 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I dont have a link either

<< 1    3 >>

join