It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The fourth seal was closed with the Inquisition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
The Inquisition and their current successor The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith surfaced during the 11th and 12th centuries especially in France and came into full bloom within about a century:

And I looked, and behold, a pale horse! And its rider’s name was Death, and Hades followed him.

After having been harsh in her judgement and executing heretics since 380 AD, it wasn't until the 11th century the RC Church started sending heretics to Hades en masse by the truckload (source), criminalising whole religions and religious movements and societies, alongside the crusades. These crusades and inquisitions lasted for quite a few centuries and left minions of dead saints dead in the gutters.

en.wikipedia.org...

In the 12th century, to counter the spread of Catharism, prosecution of heretics became more frequent. The Church charged councils composed of bishops and archbishops with establishing inquisitions (see Episcopal Inquisition). The first Inquisition was temporarily established in Languedoc (south of France) in 1184. The murder in 1208 of Pope Innocent's papal legate Pierre de Castelnau sparked the Albigensian Crusade (1209–1229). The Inquisition was permanently established in 1229. It was centered under the Dominicans[16] in Rome and later at Carcassonne in Languedoc.

Along the hoof-prints of the Inquisition is a trail of dead as far as the eye can see, it was as if Hades followed the inquisitor.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Edited title and added part about crusades

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

When you get to the last thread, if you wouldn't mind providing links to all the previous threads on this topic, I would appreciate it. I think you might have the truth and I want to take a closer look when your finished.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: sacgamer25

I'll provide links to all the other seals in the thread about the seventh seal. This is work in progress, so it's rather difficult to provide the links to all seals when I simply haven't written them yet. Below are the three threads about the four horsemen (in addition to this thread here):

The first seal was closed at Nicea...
The second seal was closed by Augustine
The third seal was closed at Mâcon...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
We all know there are 7 seals. What is the purpose of this? An agenda, a revelation, a "repent the time is nigh" meme,
Quest for stars and flags?

Just get to the meat of this with out all the separate threads. Consolidate your information and stop the drama.

If you have something to say.....then say it!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: sacgamer25

I'll provide links to all the other seals in the thread about the seventh seal. This is work in progress, so it's rather difficult to provide the links to all seals when I simply haven't written them yet. Below are the three threads about the four horsemen (in addition to this thread here):

The first seal was closed at Nicea...
The second seal was closed by Augustine
The third seal was closed at Mâcon...

Thank you, I was hoping you would do that.
edit on 30-8-2014 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
We all know there are 7 seals. What is the purpose of this? An agenda, a revelation, a "repent the time is nigh" meme,

Just get to the meat of this with out all the separate threads. Consolidate your information and stop the drama.

Or maybe the truth is unfolding in front of your eyes, only you have yet to understand?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

Or maybe the truth is unfolding in front of your eyes, only you have yet to understand?

Or maybe there is a drama queen stringing us along for BS personal reasons trying to make him/herself look knowledgeable, important and the possessor of esoteric knowledge. Sorry I'm calling CHEEZE

but I'll stay tuned for the duration.
edit on 30-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

Or maybe there is a drama queen stringing us along for BS personal reasons trying to make him/herself look knowledgeable, important and the possessor of esoteric knowledge. Sorry I'm calling CHEEZE

but I'll stay tuned for the duration.

You can believe what you want, we all have free will. But unless you own this website why do you feel the need to put someone else's faith down? You don't have to read even one of these posts.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

"We all know there are seven oceans, why don't you rather make a thread about water?"

You are obviously not interested in any of this, but I'll repeat mysel:, this is work in progress, I can't post things I haven't written yet, now can I? Besides these seals must be seen as separate, when I come to the seventh seal I'll make a summary, so if you find the current solution too difficult to work with, wait until the seventh seal thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

"We all know there are seven oceans, why don't you rather make a thread about water?"

You are obviously not interested in any of this, but I'll repeat mysel:, this is work in progress, I can't post things I haven't written yet, now can I? Besides these seals must be seen as separate, when I come to the seventh seal I'll make a summary, so if you find the current solution too difficult to work with, wait until the seventh seal thread.

I know what the seventh seal is...

Revelation 8:1-6
1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer [it] with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, [which came] with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast [it] into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Revelation 16:1
1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.

I have read revelations many times and to my knowledge no one has a definitive explanation of it's meaning.
I hope you do!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I don't understand your complaint. A lot of posters, here on ATS, take the "thread series" approach. Otherwise, threads can be too cumbersome and important facets of the theme can get lost or overlooked, too many trees in the forest, so to speak.

edit on 30-8-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The four seals are an indication of what will happen, slowly knowledge of the meaning of the seals is being understood.
To suggest that the seals were closed after Daniels time strikes me as preposterous.

Anyway I am at a loss how you can come up with this stuff, sell it to people as the truth and base on nothing

Oh well, what some will believe

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I have read revelations many times and to my knowledge no one has a definitive explanation of it's meaning.
I hope you do!!

That's what this is an attempt at, so if you'll just let me get on with it without your ad hominem flaming nonsense, I'll be delighted.

For more info of how I see the different parts of the Apocalypse:
==> www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 30-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: lineshift

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

The four seals are an indication of what will happen, slowly knowledge of the meaning of the seals is being understood.
To suggest that the seals were closed after Daniels time strikes me as preposterous.

Lots of books have been sealed coupled with instructions of how and when and by whom they may be opened. The book of Daniel was one such book until it was finally opened (apparently, since we can read it in any bible) as certain signs known to an initiate few were fulfilled. The book of Daniel and the book of Revelation are two separate books, and Daniel had already been unsealed due to the fulfilment of it's prophecies and the coming of the promised Messiah, Jesus of Nazareth. Revelation is not and has never been a sealed book (see Revelation 22:10). I believe the sealed scroll mentioned in the Book of Revelation exists in the future seen from John's generation, and that it was fully sealed by the start of the 20th century, when we saw the arrival of bomber airplanes who like "the angel took the censer and filled it with fire from the altar and threw it on the earth, and there were peals of thunder, rumblings, flashes of lightning, and an earthquake." Revelation 8:5

Anyway I am at a loss how you can come up with this stuff, sell it to people as the truth and base on nothing

Oh well, what some will believe

With this thread series, I am presenting a thorough and valid interpretation of the Apocalypse as an analytical, step by step progressive list of major historical events fulfilling the prophecies in chronological order. How you can claim that is based on nothing is not only "preposterous" it's utter nonsense and is but one of many similar attempts at discrediting me as a person. Why you have this thorn in my side may have a sensible reason, but please, leave the ad hominem nonsense and join in with the discourse or leave it at that. You don't have to read any of these threads, and I don't expect you to believe it, so could I please carry on?

I say like a wise mafioso once said: "Better your enemies overestimate your stupidity than your shrewdness"
edit on 30-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Typos and added a bit to the last §

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   

With this thread series, I am presenting a thorough and valid interpretation of the Apocalypse as an analytical, step by step progressive list of major historical events fulfilling the prophecies in chronological order. How you can claim that is based on nothing is not only "preposterous" it's utter nonsense and is but one of many similar attempts at discrediting me as a person. Why you have this thorn in my side may have a sensible reason, but please, leave the ad hominem nonsense and join in with the discourse or leave it at that. You don't have to read any of these threads, and I don't expect you to believe it, so could I please carry on?

I say like a wise mafioso once said: "Better your enemies overestimate your stupidity than your shrewdness"

Well you may think it is thorough and valid, but?

I dont see you justifying it with anything other than wikepedia and personal opinion.

Are you some kind of theologian, editor or are you copying and pasting something else.
I ask because what you have said is vague and baseless.

If I could see something that knits the text with the event then maybe I could grasp your direction, understand why you believe and maybe be persuaded.

All I read is, Pale horse is the inquisition. How do you come to that opinion. I dont get it.
You make a statement and I see no basis for it, no reason, no explanation.

Complain about ad hominems and quote the mafia to the cows come home.

I dont see ant connections, its that simple.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

Can you please stop attacking my person. Not only does it violate the terms, it is bloody annoying, so get your act together and discuss the subject at hand or find something better to do.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   

WOW, really?

People have a right to express themselves, don't like it, don't read it.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Can you please stop attacking my person. Not only does it violate the terms, it is bloody annoying, so get your act together and discuss the subject at hand or find something better to do.

I would love to discuss the subject, just asking you to clarify what its about first.

I am sure you understand it and so do others, me, I havent a clue.
What is the justification for the connection between the pale horse and the inquisition. I just dont see my myself.

I understand you have said there is a connection but you havnt explained the connection.
Whats the connection

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

My view is perfectly clear, and I've explained it more than good enough for you or anyone else to read. But since you show some initiative to actually discuss the OP, here you go:

==> If the inquisition came to town, it meant Death and all Hell followed them.

Good enough for you? They tortured and killed by the thousands and kept on it for centuries, removing those who opposed Church doctrine and were found to be heretics. We still fear friday 13th even to this day, because of the inquisition.

==> If you were a heretic and stood trial before the inquisition, they would most likely interrogate you under severe torture, then kill you and finally, unless you were already killed by bonfire, your remains would be burnt and your soul would be condemned to Hell to be tormented for eternity.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

My view is perfectly clear, and I've explained it more than good enough for you or anyone else to read. But since you show some initiative to actually discuss the OP, here you go:

==> If the inquisition came to town, it meant Death and all Hell followed them.

Good enough for you? They tortured and killed by the thousands and kept on it for centuries, removing those who opposed Church doctrine and were found to be heretics. We still fear friday 13th even to this day, because of the inquisition.

==> If you were a heretic and stood trial before the inquisition, they would most likely interrogate you under severe torture, then kill you and finally, unless you were already killed by bonfire, your remains would be burnt and your soul would be condemned to Hell to be tormented for eternity.

Death and hell? Death yeah, to just a poor unfortunate few, hell, No.

Well death came to many more before the inquisition, look at the amount killed by the Romans, supposedly 100 thousand (seems very high),
www.unrv.com...
in fact only about 3 to 5 thousand people died over some 300 odd years in the inquisition,,
over 800 years "2 percent of those who came before Inquisition tribunals were burned at the stake, which would mean several tens of thousands of people" www.huffingtonpost.com...
And torture was outlawed by the Papacy till some years after the inquisition had ended.

Reality the inquisition was horrific, not really a slaughter free for all. It was European and fairly small in context to other religious violence.
If you had of said the Mongols, maybe South America under Spains/Catholics heel, you know anything where many thousands, possibly hundreds of thousands died in a single action.
The inquisition, hardly, it was nothing

www.strangenotions.com...

As for Friday 13, I can find no evidence that the inquisition took place ever on that date, not saying it didnt, just cant find any eveidence.
Something about Templars being arrested on that date but nothing related to the inquisition
www.ancientquest.com...

So with all due respect, no, its not good enough for me.

What relevance has the inquisition with the pale horse, I dont see it.

In fact the inquisition was used to teach Protestants that the Catholics were criminals and brought freedom to the West. Hardly the release of the Pale Horse with Death
edit on b2014Sun, 31 Aug 2014 07:59:49 -050083120140am312014-08-31T07:59:49-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join