It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flapping baby birds give clues to origin of flight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
So somewhere out there its some scientists job to drop baby birds on their heads? lol

I'm not sure this this makes sense entirely as a single explanation. I mean why would they be falling so often? For them to fall that much that means they would have to have been climbers first.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria
a reply to: Hellas

Let's forget about that far back, let's focus on reptiles/dinosaurs evolving into birds. Do you think that is possible or is that evolutionary change bunk?

Yes, I do believe, that a species evolved to what we see today

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Pretty sure its true from what I have heard about it and what bits of evidence there is although insane sounding because of how awesome it is.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hellas
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

Who's making assumptions? I'm just deconstructing your argument. Your argument goes: "How does X happen? Answer: God" So I can substitute gravity, birds evolving to fly, electricity, anything. That is how logic works. In a sense I am showing that you are using a logical fallacy. Guess that went over your head.
edit on Fri Sep 5 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

so some species can evolve but nothing evolved the ability to fly, that was done by God? That doesn't make sense to nit pick what changes are caused by evolution and what changes are caused by God.

Why wouldn't God suddenly need to step in to change something instead of evolution changing it like it's been doing for millions of years.

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Birds evolved from reptiles/dinosaurs so yes they were climbers first & for some reason decided to take more to the trees. Eventually over a long period of time, wings evolved.

I'm pretty sure that those scientists aren't dropping the birds on their heads to kill them. There would be some sort of padding set up so the animal doesn't die.

When you are falling head first, don't you try to correct yourself so you don't land headfirst? This study shows how it is instinct to keep yourself from falling on your head and other serious injury.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: knoledgeispower
The point I was making is in order to climb to a height where there is a risk of dying they would have to be good climbers. If they are good climbers why are they falling? Maybe it was jumping to catch prey in the air while on a climb? Thats only way I can make sense of that but how could they climb well without obvious hands? I mean sure they could have had hands before but how do you go from arms and front claws/hands to having wings? At some point theyd have wings and hand claws onn them of sorts but then they wouldnt be as good at climing because the wings would likely get in the way at what point would they be able to actually fly if the evolution of their wings may hinder their climbing ability? This whole theory makes it sound like they started as a gliding flapping motion. I mean it sounds close but something is missing. As I said I think it makes more sense if they were jumping on prey and making subtle changes to their falling pattern to catch the prey better. This would mean they dont necessarily have to climb as high to learn to fly.

I know they arent trying to kill them i just find it comedic.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join