It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jury Finds Texas Man Not Guilty in Shooting Death of Drunk Driver Who Killed Two Sons

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

And say I mistakenly decide that you have raped a child, and I shoot you in the head.

Yep, I should just be let go... Oh wait, but you didnt do it. Hmm, I was wrong.

Why, lets not have any of this trial to determine guilt, stuff.. I was right. I thought you did it. So you died.

End of story.

Yay me, and my stupid gun.

This is ridiculous. no wonder the middle east is so full on, they at least admit their barbarity and not hide behind ignorant justification to kill everything that moves away from them.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch
a reply to: Unity_99

And say I mistakenly decide that you have raped a child, and I shoot you in the head.

Yep, I should just be let go... Oh wait, but you didnt do it. Hmm, I was wrong.

Why, lets not have any of this trial to determine guilt, stuff.. I was right. I thought you did it. So you died.

End of story.

Yay me, and my stupid gun.

This is ridiculous. no wonder the middle east is so full on, they at least admit their barbarity and not hide behind ignorant justification to kill everything that moves away from them.

Except in this case the guy did do it, making your analogy pointless.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I'm not gonna lie, if I were a juror and some grieving father was being brought to task over shooting the man who drunkenly ran down his two boys while he watched I'd be shrieking 'NOT GUILTY' until the other jurors were bleeding from their ears.

And to further drive this grieving father's sentiment home, as a father and a husband I have two people in my life that I will happily murder for. I'm not exaggerating, or trying to play 'Billy-Bad-Ass'. Any man who has an ounce of masculinity left in their testicles knows exactly where I'm coming from.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lipton
I'm not gonna lie, if I were a juror and some grieving father was being brought to task over shooting the man who drunkenly ran down his two boys while he watched I'd be shrieking 'NOT GUILTY' until the other jurors were bleeding from their ears.

And to further drive this grieving father's sentiment home, as a father and a husband I have two people in my life that I will happily murder for. I'm not exaggerating, or trying to play 'Billy-Bad-Ass'. Any man who has an ounce of masculinity left in their testicles knows exactly where I'm coming from.

I share the same sentiments. An issue was discussed on another site about a father beating a man he caught molesting his young son (he didn't kill the guy but beat him badly). I was told my "caveman, neanderthal thinking" had no place in the modern world, when I expressed that I would not have had the restraint to spare the man's life. So be it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Well you get the justice system you deserve, sound like a lot of people on here agree with murder.

by the sound of it theres no proof against him, but the fact that so many on here agree with murder is quiet shocking.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

I wrestle with those same emotions whenever anything like this comes up. Seriously. I am against murder and I do think it's wrong to take another's life, but I am also a mother. I have also lost a child. I know the rage and emotions that come with that even though my loss was not one of violence. It's blinding and all consuming and I can not blame the father for what he did. Justice is not one size fits all. We see it time and time again. It's nice to see it come out on the side of good on occasion.

It doesn't matter if you can blame him for emotionally breaking down and relate to him or not. That is not justice when someone is killed there has to be an accounting based on the facts. The time for a jury to use their emotions and empathy is at the sentencing hearing. Now in this particular case the jury did the right thing because the State has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt. The lack of evidence was more than enough to create that.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

You are exactly right. I can only hope that there are many more potential jurors out there that have the ability to use their critical thinking skills to hand down the correct judgement in other cases similar to this one in the future.

There was no evidence whatsoever that this man handed out his own justice. More like there just happened to be a vigilant vigilante waiting in the woods for this exact moment in time to extract his own swift justice right in front of this grieving man and his wife without them seeing or hearing a single thing. It's almost a shame that doesn't happen more often than it does sometimes. The family is very fortunate that they did not have to watch this man enjoy his 3 hots and a cot on their dime for the rest of their natural lives after having to bury not one BUT two of their own children because of his dumbassery.

One could almost say that this was an impossible outcome if one did not believe in a modern day Robin Hood just waiting in the wings to help good citizens out.

Thank God for reasonable doubt.
edit on 8/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Probably a left over from Kennedy.

Magic bullets do exist.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Justice prevailed.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
It's Texas....

He will probably get a medal.

If it were the old Texas...he would! And still should.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: luciddream
We should all take revenge this way. It will be a wonderful world.

Stupid.

If we cleaned up the scum, that refuse to clean themselves up...yes. It would be a wonderful world. If every violent criminal, repeated thief, rapist, murderer, assaulter, etc. were to disappear. Of course it would be a better world. It is only the liberal mind that thinks these people deserve to live. They don't. They should be taken out of society so society can thrive. Just like the cancer they are.

But no...some people want to keep the elements that keep us down. I wonder why?
edit on 8/31/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The outcome of this case seems fine to me. I don't condone being a vigilantee, on the jury I would want the guy to sit in prison if that's what he did. The state needs to provide enough evidence though and they simply didn't do that here. People mention sympathetic cops and that's nice to think about but the reality is there's no such thing as a sympathetic prosecutor. They have quotas to meet.

Even if there's a greater than 90% chance that this guy did commit murder the burden of proof here is on the state and they couldn't do it, at best they could only come up with a handful of coincidences.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join