It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melatonin For Lucid Dreaming?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Anyone ever tried this? I kept hearing about how taking melatonin would increase the vividness of your dreams as well as the likelihood of your lucid dreaming. So, I decided to pick some up. I've used it quite a few times at this point, and I must say I have noticed no effects whatsoever on my dream life, no increase in lucid dreaming. I'm still glad I have it though, because I am an insomniac and it is a surprisingly effective over the counter sleep aid, at least for me. But yea, the effects on dreaming and lucid dreaming were a bust for me. Anyone else have experience with using melatonin for its purported effects on dreaming? What were your results?

edit on 28-8-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If you are looking for vivd dreams, try "Chantix"...

I don't recommend it, however. Stuff messed me up...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

IDK about lucid dreaming, but I would agree the with the vividness of the dreams. It was quite the shocker when I first started taking it.
I love the stuff as well, really helps me fall asleep when I am unable to on some nights.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I take Melatonin as well to help me sleep as it's always been a problem. I can tell you the dreams are ridiculous for me. Both in vivid-ness and bizareness. Haven't noticed an increase in lucid dreams but I haven't been trying.

I practiced at being a lucid-dreamer when I was younger but fell out of the habit. It takes work and strong force of will to do it with any regularity. There is no pill that will cause it to happen on it's own. You have to consciously think about it before you go to sleep. Tell yourself you're going to do it and mean it. Keep a journal next to your bed and write down everything you can remember about your dreams as soon as you wake up. As many times per day as you can remember to do it look at your hands and say to yourself (either out loud or in your head, I suggest a mixture of both) "Am I dreaming?" At some point when you are dreaming you will then see your hands and ask yourself that in the dream, which will cause you to become lucid. It can be hard to maintain though. It's easy to wake up when you're lucid dreaming. One thing you can try to stop that is during the lucid dream throw out your arms to your sides and spin around fast like a little kid. I don't know why but sometimes that can stop you from waking up. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

It affects everyone a different way. For me It'll knock me out so much to where I don't remember a single part of my dream. Lucid dreaming takes a long time to master. You can do it without any help from sleeping pills. Melatonin is natural, but IMO I don't trust it because some company makes it. Unfortunately, I have to take anti malaria pills and that stuff gives me bad nightmares that are real vivid too. Your diet could even determine how vivid your dreams. The more vivid the dream the easier it is to do lucid dreaming. Keep a dream journal and write down your dreams as soon as you wake up.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Wanderer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Yes, it can, and there is no harm in trying, melatonin is good for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
If you are looking for vivd dreams, try "Chantix"...

I don't recommend it, however. Stuff messed me up...

Chantix causes hallucinations.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Interesting idea... I have taken melatonin and never had dreams any more vivid than usual. Seems many here have though, I might need to try again.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I just read that if you drink a couple glasses of applejuice before you go to sleep it will give you really vivd and awesome dreams. Worth a try.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Melatonin isn't doing anything to your dreaming, it's naturally occurring in your body to help falling asleep, some produce a normal or high level others don't, for those who don't it can be supplemented through medicin.

Your state of sleeping is what determines how much you dream and how much you recall when you wake up or in the wake up phase, not the actual "drug", it just help you sleep.

I take Melatonin and have done so for 15 years as i don't produce enough to have a normal sleep within 24 hours, the dreaming is completely random vivid, lucid or "non".

I have noticed that my stress level is what determines my dreaming, high means chaotic dreams, low means pleasant dreams, i like both.

If you have a normal sleep rhythm, there is no need to take extra Melatonin, your body produces more melatonin when it's dark, less when it's light.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
You can also look into Your 'Pineal Gland' and 'decalcifying' The Pineal Gland is located in the middle of Your brain and this is where the melatonin is produced. Interestingly, at The Vatican™ one can pray to the "Pine Cone". The Pope has a staff and on that staff is a Pine Cone (PINEal) Since I took up 'sun gazing' (either first hour of Sol or last hour of Sol) since My Eastern exposure is cut off, I've been doing evenings..

There are also numerous chant type meditations to induce lucid dreaming... I've got more but I get 'timed out'

namaste

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Wanderer777

I've read that peanut butter is another trick for lucid dreaming. I'll investigate and report my findings.

new topics

top topics

join