It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart Nails It on Ferguson, Race and Media

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackboxInquiry

He is not trying to get in the political arena? right...

BTW his brother was the President of the New York Stock Exchange...no conflict of interest there...

edit on 31-8-2014 by coastlinekid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: coastlinekid

and the stock exchange is racist now too?....

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

POWERFUL SPEECH

Very powerful Speech indeed.

Even in light of some of the more liberal leftist views that The Daily Show has, and Jon's own personal life views. I find myself in agreement in his over all messages.

He has gone after many on the left just as hard as he has on the right.
These are the reasons I can read between the lines, and I get SO much from Daily show.

It is the people who are dug in so deep on the right side, that won't even listen to him. Or they will try to discredit him, and even make full attacks on him. Which I find to be amusing as it only goes to show the point he is trying to make.
Such as with Colbert. Playing a character on his show that is NOT him. It is Brilliant.

I give all these guys my unlimited thanks for all they have done for this world. And via comedy has brought a little bit of balance into this 24 7 news world we live in now.

But I can say this. Daily Show is part of the system, and is used for agendas. I make no mistake of that.
As Obama came on the daily show, becomes president. Now we have Hillary who went on both Daily Show and Colbert. This gives me a hint, Hillary will run and will become president in 2016.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
*Double post**
Edit
Opps.
edit on 24414160795 by zysin5 because: Final edit.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

As Obama came on the daily show, becomes president. Now we have Hillary who went on both Daily Show and Colbert. This gives me a hint, Hillary will run and will become president in 2016.

Well, Stewart and Colbert are very powerful influences, but appearing on their shows surely does NOT guarantee success. Remember, Sarah Palin and John McCain also appeared on the Daily Show, as well as Romney.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

That is true. But Daily show and Colbert Report are clearly "left". So the left side they bring in, get that "bump". Is more what I meant.
And even with their "left" views I still am able to read between the lines, and get what I need from the show. I can set aside the puppet show for a moment and try to listen to what point they are trying to make on any given show.

McCain was on the Daily show? I must have missed that one. Palin? I don't remember that.. Maybe you could show me a link.. I am a die hard fan. And did not know Cain, and Palin where guests on Daily show..
edit on 24414560695 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
Well, Stewart and Colbert are very powerful influences, but appearing on their shows surely does NOT guarantee success. Remember, Sarah Palin and John McCain also appeared on the Daily Show, as well as Romney.

Sorry Windword. But that is not true. You must not be a fan of the show.
McCain never appeared once on his show. Neither did Palin.
Jon Stewart Challenges John McCain To 'Wrong Off' Contest To See Who's Wrong More Often

Romney Was NOT on the show either.
I had to jump back and look into that.. I am like, huh? Did I miss those those shows.

So yeah Windword. You are 100% wrong on that statement, with all due respect.

Unless you can show me the show with them on it. But you can't as they have never appeared as guests.

, but appearing on their shows surely does NOT guarantee success

I can agree with that part. Does not guarantee is, but sure has worked out them in the past. 100% success rate. Obama was on daily show. Very few Right wing folks walk into the Daily Show den.

Is like Jon going to Fox news.. As he said. " It was like being in the wolves den! "
edit on 24414171595 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: zysin5

Here's a link to the Jon McCain interview.

thedailyshow.cc.com...

I can't find the Sarah Palin interview, but I could swear I watched him catch her in a "choice" conversation, about her choosing to give birth to a "down syndrome" child while campaigning against the same choice for other women. If that wasn't Jon, I can't imagine who did that interview!!!!
Letterman?

And, Mitt Romney, I was sure he did a cameo, making fun of himself and the "Olympics", but I can't find that either.....
Saturday Night Live? Funny how the memory works, and doesn't work, sometimes.

edit on 2-9-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Right on! Thanks for the link. I stand corrected. I totally missed that one!
Never saw it either.. So thanks again!

It is funny how the memory works.. If not our collective memory here online, I think I would over look many things!

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74>>> Stewart says something stupid or false but puts a comedic spin to it and people who have no clue what to think laugh and agree. The black community should be criticized for its black on black violence. Sure they know its real but they also do nothing about it. Half hearted rallies and lip service or demands for action don't constitute trying to solve it.
Likewise they should also be criticized for ignoring problems that exist for everybody but only focus on it when it affects them and they can get national attention for it. Police violence was a case in point. Ferguson was never a case that deserved the attention it got but they put a racist spin to it and went wild.
They should also be criticized for being easy prey to race hustlers who exploit their fears and manipulate them.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

Maybe you should go tell somebody how to fix it...

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

This is why I don't watch "The Daily Show" anymore, or respect Jon Stewart anymore. He has gone full retard on many of these subjects and chooses to argue the emotional side of things instead of the objective facts (that he doesn't even know, yet), then chooses to whine about how FoxNews covers things.

Am I the only one who sees the hypocrasy in that scenario?

I'm not saying that FoxNews has their finger on the pulse of minority issues in America, but many of the points and questions raised in those clips he used are actually appropriately raised by journalists. He ignores that for the sake of a laugh and inciting emotional reactions, so, yeah, he has lost any respect I used to have for him.

Colbert is following the same path, disappointingly.

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Are you a cop or just another white Anglo-Saxon Protestant frightened and insecure man who feels threatened? Actually, theres little difference between the two. You seem way too supportive of the police and their tactics and way too quick to believe officer Wilson's story of being in fear of his life.
Regardless, you miss the point. The fact is there is a sharp increase of cops shooting unarmed people in America. In fact, police abuse of citizens is becoming a sport all across the country. Police wearing no personal identification and in military riot gear with fully automatic assault rifles and driving military Tanks and Personnel Carriers to quell unrest is more than most people will tolerate. Especially when they beat and aim their weapons at reporters heads before arresting them. Also, declaring area Martial Law doesn't create calm and cooperation.
When people become insensitive to this behavior from the authorities means you can expect more of the same. a reply to: chuck258

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
This came up about Jon and race before. Jon has been attacked on many sides to garnish disfavor for him and The Daily show.

Racial stuff can be very emotional charged, as being an individual to say you have never experienced some kind of racial "stereo type" situation in your life or took part in one in private, joking, or not being serious about, you would be lying to yourself. So we must make light of what we have. Jokes and satire of real life things can get really real very fast. As groups of people, we pretend and we all play nice for the most part.

Then you have people like this, use Jon's video, to push his own agenda on Obama.
I do not condone or support the views in this video!! As the guy who made the video is using The Daily show as a tool to push his own agenda on his attack on Obama and real racists views.

But it is food for thought, when considering people not getting the satire of hypocrisy.

Yes we all know there is a KKK out there. We also know Black Panthers are out there. And all the degrees that get to everyday people like you and me. They are both protected by the 1st amendment, and I don't have to like it, but if I want a voice to be protected then that is the price we pay.
Is the price of promoting a system that repeats this cycle of hate worth it?
edit on 24614195195 by zysin5 because: spelling edit

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join