It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WTF just got yelled at by a van driver

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
You Brits need to speak english, what the hell is a brickie? Lol

I looked it up.
Can refer to a person's employment (bricklayer).... or an erection (as in sexual excited male appendage).

See! Plain simple english.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I envy you... stuff like that happens all day in my country. Plenty of accidents and deaths too. Makes me really hate driving and try to avoid it whenever I can.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I wouldnt worry about it too much. Im sure they'll get their um, comeuppance. heh heh

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

I feel ya. About two days ago I got rearended while sitting at a red light. Next thing I know the women that hit me gets out and starts yelling at me and calling me names. I was like,excuse me? Your daughter hit me. She would not stop until the police showed up. I couldn't believe she was mad at me because her daughter decided to use my car to stop.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Lichter daraus

I couldn't believe she was mad at me because her daughter decided to use my car to stop.

Misplaced aggression.
She needs to work on that.
And she needs to tell her daughter that brakes are the less expensive option there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

thats a crappy situation.

Some people really have no idea what they are doing are dangerous and argue in the face of pure fact.

I hope you suffered no injures from that impact

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

I couldn't believe she was mad at me because her daughter decided to use my car to stop.

Misplaced aggression.
She needs to work on that.
And she needs to tell her daughter that brakes are the less expensive option there.

Lol, no kidding. I dont think her daughter will be driving for awhile. She only had a permit and was gonna be getting her license in a week. Don't think thats gonna happen with a citation on her record now, think she has to wait a year to get her license now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

My neck is killin me, but it was my 5yr old niece I was worried about. She ended up with bruise on her neck from the seat belt. Otherwise all turned out well, thankfully and I could still drive away, unlike the other driver.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lichter daraus

My neck is killin me, but it was my 5yr old niece I was worried about. She ended up with bruise on her neck from the seat belt. Otherwise all turned out well, thankfully and I could still drive away, unlike the other driver.

ouch!

i hope she feels better soon, car and bike wrecks are no joke, it doesnt even take much and when you dont see it coming its SO MUCH worse since you cant prepare for it
edit on b2121846 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Yeah, I think she is good. She is a pretty tough little girl and it was her second accident in two months (she got rearended while riding with her dad). All she was crying about at the accident scene was the fact the other lady was yelling at me. She asked me why the lady was yelling at me when it wasn't my fault. I didn't know what to tell her so I just said she is an angry lady.

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Yeah, I think she is good. She is a pretty tough little girl and it was her second accident in two months (she got rearended while riding with her dad). All she was crying about at the accident seen, was the fact the other lady was yelling at me. She asked me why the lady was yelling at me when it wasn't my fault. I didn't know what to tell her so I just said she is an angry lady.

aww that poor little babe.

not that i can imagine anyone will care but give her my regards anyway.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Thanks man, that means a lot to me and I would be glad to do that for you.
Hey sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread either, I didn't think it was thread worthy and your incident was fairly similar to mine so I thought id throw it out there.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Thanks man, that means a lot to me and I would be glad to do that for you.
Hey sorry I didn't mean to hijack your thread either, I didn't think it was thread worthy and your incident was fairly similar to mine so I thought id throw it out there.

Peace.

dont worry about it, ive had a huge amount of abuse today, so a minor thread hijack is the least of my worries.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I have road rage. But only because of other drivers like the one you mention here.

A couple of days ago on the freeway I was passing an SUV, the driver of which was fumbling around with her cell phone, clearly either texting or dialing. I got as far to the left as my lane would permit. Then she swerved into my lane nearly hitting me. Thankfully I had enough room to swerve into the next lane and avoid being hit. I got on ahead of her, when all of a sudden she zooms past me on the right and starts weaving in and out of traffic, all the while yapping on her cell phone. I had very elaborate daydreams of following her until she stopped, knocking on her window, snatching the phone out of her hands, and smashing it to tiny little bits. Sadly, I'm not a sociopath, so I didn't follow through with my daydream of course.

It's those happy little thoughts that get me through my daily commutes.

We have a lot of cyclists here, and I see them consistently being treated like garbage. Personally, I get into a whole other lane if at all possible to give them room. Unfortunately, most people aren't so respectful.

Another one that really ticks me off is how little concern other driver's have for motorcyclists. They are allowed to split lanes here, although I wouldn't recommend it because people just don't pay attention. It's the biggest reason I stopped riding, I think I would get killed here. I worry about my husband riding every day. Once I even saw a car swerve over toward a motorcyclist (again, on the phone). Thankfully he noticed and recovered quick enough, but traffic was so heavy that if the biker had gone down I'm sure he'd have been killed.

Sorry I took off rambling on here! This is a hot button topic for me! lol. I'm sorry about your experience, hopefully the rest of your week goes a little better.

Also, as a side note, I've been thinking about putting a GoPro or something in my car so that I can take stills from the video every time a car does something jerkish (basically every day), and creating a webpage of "shame on you" to display all the jerks and their offenses. Not sure about the legalities associated with that, but it sure would make me feel better!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MojaveBurning
I have road rage. But only because of other drivers like the one you mention here.

A couple of days ago on the freeway I was passing an SUV, the driver of which was fumbling around with her cell phone, clearly either texting or dialing. I got as far to the left as my lane would permit. Then she swerved into my lane nearly hitting me. Thankfully I had enough room to swerve into the next lane and avoid being hit. I got on ahead of her, when all of a sudden she zooms past me on the right and starts weaving in and out of traffic, all the while yapping on her cell phone. I had very elaborate daydreams of following her until she stopped, knocking on her window, snatching the phone out of her hands, and smashing it to tiny little bits. Sadly, I'm not a sociopath, so I didn't follow through with my daydream of course.

It's those happy little thoughts that get me through my daily commutes.

We have a lot of cyclists here, and I see them consistently being treated like garbage. Personally, I get into a whole other lane if at all possible to give them room. Unfortunately, most people aren't so respectful.

Another one that really ticks me off is how little concern other driver's have for motorcyclists. They are allowed to split lanes here, although I wouldn't recommend it because people just don't pay attention. It's the biggest reason I stopped riding, I think I would get killed here. I worry about my husband riding every day. Once I even saw a car swerve over toward a motorcyclist (again, on the phone). Thankfully he noticed and recovered quick enough, but traffic was so heavy that if the biker had gone down I'm sure he'd have been killed.

Sorry I took off rambling on here! This is a hot button topic for me! lol. I'm sorry about your experience, hopefully the rest of your week goes a little better.

Also, as a side note, I've been thinking about putting a GoPro or something in my car so that I can take stills from the video every time a car does something jerkish (basically every day), and creating a webpage of "shame on you" to display all the jerks and their offenses. Not sure about the legalities associated with that, but it sure would make me feel better!

this was the perfect place for it. so +1

i have ridden a motorcycle for over 15 years and so watching out for idiots like that is second nature, but on a bicycle you have less options, you arnt as fast, you cant avoid dumb drivers and they, as this guy did just yelled abuse at me. nothing you can do about it.

As a motorbike driver the biggest issue in the UK is roundabouts, car drivers basicly ignore all the lane and even though its actually worse for the handling just wildly swing into other lanes to go round corners, they dont look for you and they dont care. totally shocking road manners, USE YOUR MIRRORS IDIOTS

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   

I drive to and from work in fairly heavy traffic. I've learned that the best policy is to put into motion my "loving kindness" practice in traffic. I use my drives as sort of a meditation. On some days I turn off the radio, turn off my thoughts and just concentrate on driving.

Don't let things like this bother you, as a motorist you are either driving too fast, too slow, you're in the way, you don't accelerate quickly enough, or you're just sharing the same road. Funny how some of the nicest people in the world turn into maniacs behind the wheel. Take a deep breath, smile and move onward. Raging against it makes you part of that world.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Here we go again......

Did you get your police baton out this time? (and no folks, that's not a euphemism)
Did you knock the car out with one punch?
Did you get to use your Kung Fo (sic)?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
i drive very fast on my motorcycle, and its not just because i like the speed if you drive fast by the time they see you are gone.

thats the best policy because you run round them before you even realise your there so they cant do something stupid and hit you because you are simply gone in a flash.

you cant do that on a simple push bicycle so you have to play by every road law to the letter, which is sort of ironic since you dont actually need a license.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Weren't you the guy who beat someone up in the Subway? I think the problem may be you. Cool off, let people suck, they always will.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join