It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Chinese are reportedly working on submarine that would ‘fly’ in an ‘air bubble’

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: The Vagabond
I agree, I believe it said 100 minutes to San Fran, but what of something closer? And if a land based ICBM strike proves impractical how about a launch from your shore? in 30 minutes or less??

But at those speeds if their gas injectors, or dejectors detectors reflectors fail, I think the friction of the water on the hull would boil, shooting the sub into the air with rapid decompression. Or melt the skin.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

For the same reason Israel and his sons demanded that their enemies be circumcised in order to make peace before slaughtering them all instead. It's hard to fight or to run when your sensitive areas are chafing.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tinner07

Probably true, but it's not like we never build anything big and important that can't afford to stop suddenly. Nuclear reactors and helicopters come to mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Let's never forget their PILOTING skills here. HURRY UP LASERS!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If they can do it, they can make travel faster than any airplane, even the beloved and now defunct Concorde.

I doubt the airplane industry particularly Boeing and Airbus, will like this as less people will fly and more people take subs across the international waters. Honestly, I'd rather be under the water than in the air. The danger is still there, but I'd rather not face the possibility of falling from the sky, especially with the earth's magnetism constantly in question these days.

If China can build a sturdy vessel, without cheap crap that can become compromised in harsh sea conditions, they will be able to corner the world market on quick and efficient cross continental travel.

But then America would be pissed, some of these vessels may be targeted in "terrorist attacks" and the whole bit.

I support China making this possible. SOMEBODY HAS TO.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Once humans figure out how to cavitate bubbles of spacetime, the fun will begin. Or we will bring about our own destruction in a rather poetic form of judgment.

Luckily, that's impossible.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
Once humans figure out how to cavitate bubbles of spacetime, the fun will begin. Or we will bring about our own destruction in a rather poetic form of judgment.

Luckily, that's impossible.

NEver say never. remember they said humans would never discover the higgs at one time. Anyway the sub would make such a racket they could fire regular torpedoes at it and hit it head on by just waiting for it to coem into range. Or actually could float explosives in the way and let it just run into it.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So what happens when this thing hits a pod of whales or school of fish at that speed? Wouldn't that disrupt the bubble and do some significant damage to the sub? Something like that would come up quick on radar and be fairly difficult to avoid and plan for.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: TheForced

It'll probably clear the water and get some major altitude at that speed. Now that I'd like to see.

Before falling back into the water and shaking everything inside to pieces?

Doesn't Super-cavitation also produce a lot of heat...?

I'd imagine the stresses on the hull would be high.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Read a bit about this and think they will never solve the stability issue at speed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join