It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas police chief shot dead during traffic stop

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
So for LEOs this life is important.

Why isn't all life important?

People that never feared the LEO now have reason to fear them. This is the reaction to the LEO brutality. All loss of life is bad. The LEOs created this mess, now they need to gain public trust again.

won't happen, this will be used by LEO's as justification for shoot first and ask questions later. this is only going to cause escalation of conflict, human nature says " I would rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6"

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: Psykotik

Dear Psykotik,

No, Shhhhhhhhh-ing was not part of my plan. I wanted to grab the thread by the throat. I wanted to control it absolutely ruthlessly. I wanted to shout in everybody's face.

"No! Not for the few seconds you see these words. You will not even try to get some political advantage, or make some point. For just a few seconds, you will turn to God and consider this man's eternal soul. You will turn away from this arguing and submit to God and ask for mercy for this poor man's soul."

"I can't to anything more than that. Just interrupt the posturing long enough to get you to remember God and the eternity facing each of us. You will go back to making points, but for just an instant your thoughts were directed rightly."

Sorry, Psykotik, but I just had to shout Stop! The blame is mine, completely.

With respect,
Charles1952

I will gladly share that blame by reading, absorbing, and enjoying every single word of such a fine prayer and post. Thanks, Charles.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As Malcolm X said, this is chickens coming home to roost.

How dirty has Texas been on minorities? Look up Joyce Ann Brown. A woman who actually was at work, and had people to testify to the effect that was put in jail for LIFE for a robbery/murder at a chain of her employ that she couldn't have possibly committed, but somebody needed to go down for it, and they picked the black chick. She got exonerated YEARS later after getting it on 60 minutes, but the cops pretty much did her in on purpose.

Look at a lot of the minorities in jail down there, for crimes they didn't commit. Texas has weird laws about appealing - three is all you get and then its over forever. A lot of people incarcerated that were innocent to make a quota. My best friend's sister was going to school down there, and got stopped by Texas asshole cops, with her roomie. They claimed they found a nicklebag of weed on them. They gave them life after a railroad court case/arrest and even passing the lie detector these two girls were found guilty. That was back in 99.

Like I said, chickens coming home to roost. Don't expect nothing less from a state that didn't inform the slaves they were free until they felt like it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

How dirty has Texas been on minorities? Look up Joyce Ann Brown. A woman who actually was at work, and had people to testify to the effect that was put in jail for LIFE for a robbery/murder at a chain of her employ that she couldn't have possibly committed, but somebody needed to go down for it, and they picked the black chick. She got exonerated YEARS later after getting it on 60 minutes, but the cops pretty much did her in on purpose.

Look at a lot of the minorities in jail down there, for crimes they didn't commit. Texas has weird laws about appealing - three is all you get and then its over forever. A lot of people incarcerated that were innocent to make a quota. My best friend's sister was going to school down there, and got stopped by Texas asshole cops, with her roomie. They claimed they found a nicklebag of weed on them. They gave them life after a railroad court case/arrest and even passing the lie detector these two girls were found guilty. That was back in 99.

Like I said, chickens coming home to roost. Don't expect nothing less from a state that didn't inform the slaves they were free until they felt like it.

Don't bring race into this one. Both of them are of Latino decent.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jimmyx
I agree with what will happen. Its because the LEO want to be able to kill us. So there will be more public fear.

At what point do we see this isn't going to change until we retrain the LEO?

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BerenstEiner

originally posted by: ArchPlayer

Don't bring race into this one. Both of them are of Latino decent.

Race in Texas is as American as apple pie. Latinos amongst themselves have a LOT of racism over skin complexion. Their caste system rivals Brazil's Rio. So yes, Race has everything to do with it down there. You have no idea the complexion of either perp nor officer. But 9x out of 10 the officer was a light complexion.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kyuss

You seem to be a coward....

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

How did you come to that conclusion? I could speculate about what you are but thankfully I know better than to judge anyone based on a few sentences. I must be the first coward to be awarded a Meritorious Citizen Medal by my city and county. Thanks for trying though. I had a good laugh.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   

" I know of plenty of people who are tired of being afraid of cops and see any interaction with LEOS as a life threatening experience"
Birds of a feather and what not.....

"I must be the first coward to be awarded a Meritorious Citizen Medal by my city and county"
You are right... an object defies who you are...

A Bronx cop lauded on Medal Day for his heroics has been charged for breaking into a Bronx woman’s home and drunkenly assaulting her...
Yes I know the medals are not the same...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Just another reason for people to hate on immigratns from mexico. For others it's a reason to hate on people who hate on people with latino names.

What about hispanics who work and work hard and bring up good kids? You don't hear abou em because they don't shoot cops. Criminals know no racial or cultural boundaries.

My great grandparents came to this country poor without even the ability to speak enlish. The ONLY reason they were allowed entrance was: 1) they carried no obvious signs of flu or disease 2) the economy was booming and needed workers. They didn't have to do anyting special. They just got on a boat and were ferried to the US. For many it was free of charge because industry wanted them to immigrate for cheap labor. Many snuck into america too - they were illegal. Getting land back then was easy too once a person had got some good work and had the initiative. Because of this, I really find it hard to blame immigrants, even the illegal ones. They're looking for a better life, just like we're. Moreso, they appreciate what we have in this country a lot more tahn we do because they don't have it back home. So even if this guy is an illegal immigrant, I have no interest in having an agenda because these're people like our great grandparents.

What really happened here? A cop got killed by a person he pulled over. I doubt there's any good excuse that allows someone who's pulled over to shoot a cop. Lets wait and see.
edit on 31-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin

" I know of plenty of people who are tired of being afraid of cops and see any interaction with LEOS as a life threatening experience"
Birds of a feather and what not.....

Because I know people of color I'm a coward? Let me explain something to you quickly so you can get back to your racist connect the dot and crosswords puzzle books. Outside of your world there are people of color. Unfortunately these people are not treated the same as white people are treated. Economic repression, educational inequalities, housing discrimination, and many other obstacles a average white American never deal with in their lives. These are all terrible things, but they are not an immediate threat of being lethal. Now we come to the role that law enforcement play in this. Just type police brutality in any search engine and you can see for yourself how being anything but white often turns lethal. Are all people who fear cowards? Ask any veteran if they were ever scared and when they tell you yes please call them a coward. Seems to me the only coward I can see out of this conversation is the guy who calls people a coward behind a computer screen. Have a great night with your Nazi coloring books and KKK dolls.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Birds of a feather and what not....

Where in there did i mention anything about colors... People refers to everyone, not just the colors you chose to try manipulate a conversation. To be afraid is one thing, and a good thing. To fear so much that any confrontation has a person fearing for their lives makes them a coward.

Martin Luther King Jr, Mahatma Gandhi, Cesar E. Chavez... These men I am certain where afraid at one point or another, but never acted like a coward.

"being scared doesn`t mean you`re a coward..
all bravery is based on fear.
both the coward & the hero act out of terror & necessity..
The only difference between them
is simply that the coward succumbs ti his fear
While the person with courage
triumphs in spite of it..."

-Dean Koontz

BTW I do not fit in with either the KKK or the Nazi's due to my race, religion, and general outlook on life. However you seem to be well aware of leisure activities preformed by both. "Nazi coloring books and KKK dolls." Are you hiding something from us.

P.S "Economic repression, educational inequalities, housing discrimination, and many other obstacles"

DR BILL COSBY SPEAKS

"50 percent drop out rate, I'm telling you, and people in jail, and women having children by five, six different men. Under what excuse, I want somebody to love me, and as soon as you have it, you forget to parent. Grandmother, mother, and great grandmother in the same room, raising children, and the child knows nothing about love or respect of any one of the three of them . All this child knows is “gimme, gimme, gimme.” These people want to buy the friendship of a child....and the child couldn't care less. Those of us sitting out here who have gone on to some college or whatever we've done, we still fear our parents. And these people are not parenting. They're buying things for the kid. $500 sneakers, for what? They won't buy or spend $250 on Hooked on Phonics."

edit on E14America/Chicago09519 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Trumped?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join