It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The War on our Mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ran across this link on twitter. Two guys talking about psychological warfare on the American people.

Topics include the act of 1871 and what role the rothschilds played. How trolls are you used to disrupt a message. Also discussed is that revolutions and protesting will not result in change but not playing the game is the real answer.

edit on 25-8-2014 by LibertasIntel because: more detail

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: LibertasIntel
I would love to partipate and comment, but cannot watch your video. Perhaps you could provide some information to go along with the video.
tetra

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Its not my video but they cover quite a few topics. Way too many to list here.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
This video is over two hours long. One of ATS's rules is that when you make a thread it needs to have substance/direction etc. It is against the rules to just post a video and tell others to watch it to see what it's about. That's something Nancy Pelosi would do.

It would help if you could post some facts about the video, a brief description, and why you think people should watch it...maybe even throw in what you think about it as well.

I'm not a snitch or a mod so I did not report the thread, but someone most likely will if you leave it as is. I'm just giving you a friendly reminder. If you do those things in your thread it will draw far more people and better discussions.

If you want folks to watch it, you need to break it down a bit, especially for those who can not play the video themselves. I see that you are fairly new here and we all needed some help from time to time when we were new. I belatedly welcome you to ATS.
edit on 8/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

This video is over two hours long.

First ... star for your post (as always
). Five minutes in ... and I can already tell it's gonna be a good show.

ETA: 24 minutes in ... and that horse has taken quite the beating.

edit on 2582014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
S&F for the add OP. The video actually is really interesting so far. With good points that I have seen, I will resume and finish this video while preparing dinner tonight.

I actually want to thank you as well for not taking offense at advice like some do. I certainly did not intend to piss you off, but around here you never know. I hope others give your video a chance.

originally posted by: Snarl
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

This video is over two hours long.

First ... star for your post (as always
). Five minutes in ... and I can already tell it's gonna be a good show.

Ha! Who doesn't love you Snarl?

I'm on it. I came back and started the video a bit ago and what I have seen is pretty interesting. I'll have to finish it this evening. I'm glad OP came back and fixed it because I know many would not have watched if they didn't. You know how it is. And I agree... 5 minutes in they do indeed make some excellent points. When they start discussing trolls it gets even better lol.

edit on 8/25/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I've said that for quite some time. I look at it this way, if they view this as a game than we shouldn't focus on the players but the game. You know the saying, "Don't hate the player, hate the game".

That leaves you with:

a.) If you can't beat them join them.

or

b.) Complete and total non-participation.

If they show up with a ball and no one plays, what is left?

Nothing. Just them standing there holding a ball.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Watching the video now

Trolls are a interesting term to use. A troll beast living under a bridge, attempting to hinder your way....

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
I cannot watch your video yet but will when able. In the meanwhile, if I think I know what this is all about I would say psychology explains a lot of what is going on now. People don't like to rock the boat (for the sake of themselves), feel the problem is bigger than them, and too easily go along.

If I'm on the wrong track I'll know after I watch the video and apologize for any drift caused. I feel strongly about this topic. It isn't the elites fault entirely. They are outsmarting and to some extent it is natural to lead when others follow (taking charge). Taking advantage is another topic altogether (greed, control). No one is tricking us though. They are thinking ahead of the masses. It can be intimidating. We all have access to the psychology behind this. We are all capable of thinking just as effectively.

I worry about the problem solving skills of people, and the motivation to act at times but I'm seeing that young people in particular are seeing it. Their eyes are open. There are a whole lot of super intelligent and perceptive people out there and to see them thinking deeply about the condition of the world gives me hope.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: LibertasIntel

Great thread, you should check out cointellpro thread in the deconstructing/missinformation forum. I'd direct you but I'm on my phone - hard to do.

Btw not playing the game IS the only answer!
But that also means sacrificing things like tv and sites such as this, are you ready?
edit on 8/25/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

But that also means sacrificing things like tv and sites such as this, are you ready?

Though I found some of their points were off the mark ... that some of what they said, while very accurate ... suffered from misinterpretation ...

... I thought their finest point was that we need to keep communicating (and I'm not leaving ATS anytime soon).

Their conversation about the bots (and 'the trolls' ... I guess they're called shills sometimes here) was deeply disturbing. I can't spot them here, but either I'm getting a little paranoid or something's starting to sink in.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Their conversation about the bots (and 'the trolls' ... I guess they're called shills sometimes here) was deeply disturbing. I can't spot them here, but either I'm getting a little paranoid or something's starting to sink in.

Don't feel bad Snarl. I can't either. I look, but can never find one that actually looks like they might be getting paid to be ridiculous. I may be hitting all the wrong threads though, who knows? I see trolls. Lots of trolls sometimes and it can kind of make you paranoid if you let it.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Here is the cointelpro link: The Source everyone should read this at least once!

I'm not leaving yet either, but I am changing my posting and thread lurking habits.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Here is the cointelpro link: The Source everyone should read this at least once!

I'm not leaving yet either, but I am changing my posting and thread lurking habits.

This one is quite interesting:

A second highly effective technique (which you can see in operation all the time at www.abovetopsecret.com) is 'consensus cracking.' To develop a consensus crack, the following technique is used. Under the guise of a fake account a posting is made which looks legitimate and is towards the truth is made - but the critical point is that it has a VERY WEAK PREMISE without substantive proof to back the posting. Once this is done then under alternative fake accounts a very strong position in your favour is slowly introduced over the life of the posting. It is IMPERATIVE that both sides are initially presented, so the uninformed reader cannot determine which side is the truth. As postings and replies are made the stronger 'evidence' or disinformation in your favour is slowly 'seeded in.' Thus the uninformed reader will most like develop the same position as you, and if their position is against you their opposition to your posting will be most likely dropped. However in some cases where the forum members are highly educated and can counter your disinformation with real facts and linked postings, you can then 'abort' the consensus cracking by initiating a 'forum slide.'

Its curious because I've read this before bit rereading it was fun, it immediately drew out a memory of a quite gifted writer that does this very technique who always seems to stick with ME/Syria = ISIS nonsense. So good at presenting facts and as soon as I get into it BOOM comes the sleight of hand. Shame really because someone who knows that and still works against humanity is just a damn shame.

Thanks for reporting.

edit on 29-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

This thread was quite interesting. Not sure if people are just burned out on the subject of shills, the length of the OP's video, or that they've already drawn personal conclusions.

The two sources were outstanding, IMVHO, and I left this in my Subscribed Threads on the off-chance a 'bump' might renew interest and further discussion. Considering the difficulty in posting ATM ... it was good to see your take on AnteBellum's contribution.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

This thread was quite interesting. Not sure if people are just burned out on the subject of shills, the length of the OP's video, or that they've already drawn personal conclusions.

The two sources were outstanding, IMVHO, and I left this in my Subscribed Threads on the off-chance a 'bump' might renew interest and further discussion. Considering the difficulty in posting ATM ... it was good to see your take on AnteBellum's contribution.

Some posters I'd say are fully aware of this whereas other think they do, while others still are completely oblivious. I'd say at varying times over the years at ATS, I've fallen in all three categories. I probably now fluctuate between knowing and thinking I do. *shrug*

Whether burned out or not, reading the document AnteBellum linked should be required reading as part of T&C (check this box thats you've read and understood and agree you are not an agent of COINTELPRO.) Or Pin it to the home page indefinitely.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The sad thing about that link is now I've noticed too much going on at this point. I've seen every method described at least once, whether deliberately or accidental and know for a fact there are some people on this site doing nothing but pushing an agenda once it arises.
Now when I read a post that starts to 'feel' weird from someone I do a few things:
1.) When did they sign on? Does it match up with any agenda they are trying to push?
2.) Look at the threads they created?
3.) Look at posts made by them to see what threads they are lurking in?
4.) Read many of their posts randomly to get a feel for what their 'tone' is?

I could go down the list more but haven't had to so far. When Israel was bombing civilians a few weeks ago, I noticed many new faces around here trying desperately to drive a certain message home. I kept tabs on a couple of them and now that the hype is all gone, so are they! What a coincidence, wouldn't you say.
It's amazing what you can find out about a website and the people on it, just by watching very closely. It may turn some stomachs in the end but it's all for the better good, right?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

I've seen every method described at least once, whether deliberately or accidental

I've looked at your source several times. I guess it could also be translated as efficient methods of debate or effective writing styles.

Your other observations can't be blown off, can they? I still wonder, time to time, what people think of me.

new topics

top topics

join