It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Street Cred

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmiec
A tiny bit of research reveals that if you rap about violence,drugs,thugery then you need street cred,otherwise nobody takes you seriously. I personally want to see black youths prosper. That will not happen with the mindset they obtain from rap music in general. The reason black youths are in a bad situation is because they get a pass from everybody. You don't reward bad behavior. If you do the result is always more bad behavior. The MSM does not like to report on black crime. They get a pass. How about some tough love? African Americans fought and died in every war America ever fought. They deserve equality. The trouble is the more they distance themselves from mainstream society the more mainstream America mistrusts them. They create more racism everyday. It is purely up to them to end it. It will not be easy and it will not happen overnight. It is however up to them,nobody else can do it for them. Especially government. The more government tries to help them the worse they make it. Wake up.

You make some great points here, for sure.
tetra

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Oh thats ok. I give up. Let them die. Lets just watch and laugh. No reason to figure it out is there? It's just funny.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmiec
a reply to: Sremmos80
There are plenty of blacks that say exactly what i am saying. Rap is destroying our youth's lives. You can't comprehend it. I get it. It is nevertheless a fact.

Can't you just say people or does it have to be blacks?
I bet there is some that agree with you, just like there is parents that think rock music does the same to kids. You swear like rap is the only music that says bad things.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I'm a big hip-hop fan but you gotta admit that gangsta rap must have had some effect, look at how young people act, what they aspire to be. You've even got that whistleblower story, he revealed that private prisons were colluding with music labels to only push mindnumbing music. Sure you still have underground rappers and the like, but they don't get the same airplay or publicity.

How could it not have an effect on youth if that's all they're listening to in some places? Of course it will, it should be obvious, otherwise they would have found advertisements to be just as ineffective, but they haven't found them ineffective because they keep advertising.
If it wasn't true, there would be no such thing as fashion in the modern sense, who are people always imitating? Celebrities, musicians, rock stars and rap stars, movie stars.. They set the trends, they influence people, that much is obvious, so why wouldn't the content of gangsta rap be a factor to be considered?

I don't know if there's been any other time where the notion that being bad is cool or hip has ever been romanticised to such a degree as today. Kali yuga indeed.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

top topics

<< 1   >>

join