It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metaphysical Drawings, Anyone else ever draw with metaphys energy?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

You have a link to those facts?

I am very interested in Left Brain/Right Brain,
and the use of the right side of the brain.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

I posted information already and source, there is plenty of research done that proves there isn't a left /right dominance.

The second article is more detailed and I would advise reading it all to those genuinely interested in the truth about hemispheric brain function rather than soundbites and fantasy.

psychology.about.com...

Later research has shown that the brain is not nearly as dichotomous as once thought. For example, recent research has shown that abilities in subjects such as math are actually strongest when both halves of the brain work together. Today, neuroscientists know that the two sides of the brain work together to perform a wide variety of tasks and that the two hemispheres communicate through the corpus collosum.

"No matter how lateralized the brain can get, though, the two sides still work together," science writer Carl Zimmer explained in an article for Discover magazine. "The pop psychology notion of a left brain and a right brain doesn’t capture their intimate working relationship. The left hemisphere specializes in picking out the sounds that form words and working out the syntax of the words, for example, but it does not have a monopoly on language processing. The right hemisphere is actually more sensitive to the emotional features of language, tuning in to the slow rhythms of speech that carry intonation and stress."

In one study by researchers at the University of Utah, more 1,000 participants had their brains analyzed in order to determine if they preferred using one side over the other. The study revealed that while activity was sometimes higher in certain important regions, both sides of the brain were essentially equal in their activity on average.

“It’s absolutely true that some brain functions occur in one or the other side of the brain. Language tends to be on the left, attention more on the right. But people don’t tend to have a stronger left- or right-sided brain network. It seems to be determined more connection by connection," explained the study's lead author Dr. Jeff Anderson.

www.npr.org...

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Thank you for that!

I shall read up when I get a chance. For now, I am off to work!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kodasaufa
I have done this kind of drawing before, it's one of those things that just come out of no where since I am an avid drawer and pendulum user, the lines seemed to connect after asking more about it, it was a strange feeling to have your hand move for you (this was my main hand) I was very intrigued asking questions and getting answer in written form instead of a pendulum , soon after I would play guessing games so to speak and guess what was being drawn, the drawings were so uniquely drawn I couldn't figure out what they could be sometimes, one was a beautifully done grasshopper, not the way I'd draw it exactly but none the less this was an obvious grasshopper, and on and on, little drawings of people, planetary systems and the like , there's nothing much like it, words can only do so much

Congrats on your drawings, I would start going deeper into thy self with it rather than trying to do it for people, it could possibly help you figure out more information that you've been seeking
Again, I'm happy to see someone progressing in such ways as well!

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
This is really interesting, I've done this before and my mom does this all the time. My mom has a high amount of spiritual energy and meditates. I know how to do what you are doing, and the funny thing is, my drawings turn out looking similar to those ones - as do my mom's.

I wonder if they are depicting energy of some sort.

Edit to add: Sometimes, especially lately, I will end up drawing a sketch of something that I wasn't trying to draw and it will look pretty good. The funny thing is, I can't draw in real life. I drew a preying mantis yesterday.
edit on 26pmTue, 26 Aug 2014 23:49:31 -0500kbpmkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Im not sure if i am reading this wrong but it sounds like you got distracted by the paper flying out the window werent watching what you were doing and crashed. Which if the case isnt that metaphysical explantion needed. Ever thought of tattooing the symbol on yourself?

It is but im but no one mentioned it to begin with about personality that i noticed so i was confused why you brought it up so wasnt clear what you talking about. Although good thing you did or wouldnt have been lead into the train of thought that reminded me of alien hand syndrome which lead me to how certain sides of the body (and i suppose that implies brain) can be more concious or subconcious from eachother. I had mentioned it since for most people the left hand i think can pick up on intuitive cues easier which relates to the threads subject matter.

Ive heard of exersizes for the mind involving having a conversation with yourself written one hand to another to see if different things come up. Although silly and probably not that scientific im tempted to try it.
edit on 27-8-2014 by Aural because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
So I went and bought some crayons and colored pencils and the only colors that seem to stand out is white, red, green, blue and yellow. Going to go buy chalk today and test it out.

Will start to work on it once I find the right media to stand out. The crayons stand out the most so far but still might be hard to capture with a picture.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I tried doing it myself to see what turns up. My hands dont make spirals like you do.

This one is left handed. I tried to close my eyes but kept peaking i noticed it started looking face like so im not sure if this was semi consciously made like that.

This one is right handed and doesnt look like much but i see a star shape missing an arm.

Then left handed again but different pen and next day. It is oddly semi symmetrical. I kept my eyes more shut this time peaked only to see if it started looking like anything never thought it looked like anything till i thought it looked done.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Crayons really? Ive used colour pencil on paper before and it stands out a lot. At least the white ones do. Maybe consider etching paper? You know the black stuff with colour underneath and you scratch off the top surface. Also gel pens work on black paper but those would be pricey for something like this.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

Well I went out and grabbed a big poster board and the only thing that shows up well is chalk, so I grabbed that side walk kind. Working on it now so hopefully get it out of the way soon. I grabbed the bigger sheet because I can get more onto it. I suppose etching or even black construction paper would work. Crayons, and everything else don't show up well on poster board.

Not gonna do anything too artsy, just going to let it flow with sheet.

Been practicing on the back and my method will be letting go of the constant flow but allowing to stay on track if that makes sense. Chalk does not work in a one flow design. But I do like how it pops a bit with the contrast.

edit on 30-8-2014 by kodasaufa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That last picture is amazing, cool stuff,

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I do it with beads and crystals, and semi precious stones

energy into project for healing

edit on 073131p://bSaturday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Ayone think my drawings look like anything? I tried hard as i could to not conciously draw.

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Thats really pretty.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural
I see something trying to form, I'm still looking at them

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Should i draw outlines on them digitally so i can show what i see easier?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
dog and flowering vortex, and the last one is somewhat eerie, what was your state of mind during the last one?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural

Should i draw outlines on them digitally so i can show what i see easier?

might as well

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

The last one I said to myself "show me something i need to be known" or something like that.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aural

The last one I said to myself "show me something i need to be known" or something like that.

right, I feel a different energy coming off the last one

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It was desperation i guess you could say. Looked sort of evil to me which is wierd

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join