It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it ISIL...Is it ISIS... Is it IS ? Can we at least know they name of our Enemy ?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, I guess you could interpret the ISIS acronym as being something nebulous and forethought by some great, wise and powerful evil-doer in the government (personally, I'd love that job!), but in terms of the usage of acronyms, there are many examples of acronyms having different connotations - depending on which language you choose to define them.

For example:
BFF used to mean Binary File Format, but is more commonly recognized as Best Friends Forever;
OMG - used by law enforcement for Outlaw Motorcycle Gang;
BTW - British Traditional Wicca;
FML - Family Medical Leave;
the list goes on...

Of course, الدولة الإسلامية , Arabic for Islamic State, could likely be translated as some ancient representation for ham and cheese sandwich.

And of course, there's those who will count the number of the letters and mathematically derive the solution to π * ∞.

Personally, I wouldn't spend too many brain-bytes twisting one's panties in a wad trying to uncover some hidden meaning. At the end of the day, it's the actual group we need to worry about...unless you can come up with a neato, bandito counter-spell to dissolve them.

Now, that would be interesting!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
I thought one of the first rules of war is know your enemy.

President Obama refers to them as ISIL.

Seems like the MSM call them by the acronym ISIS.

They seem to refer to themselves simply by IS.

I prefer to refer to them as a bunch of soon to be dead guys driving Toyotas.

This bothers me and maybe I'm the only one.

This has the potential to turn into a World War. I really hope not.

But, just in case it does, shouldn't we all be on the same page ?

Also, I do not know what all those stand for. Would anyone care to explain.

...And are they 'militants' or 'terrorists'? It seems that the MSM are referring to them as 'militants'. Yet I thought 9/11 sparked the 'War on Terror'. Why are they avoiding the word 'terror' or 'terrorists' in their description of them?
It would seem to me that we are all in great peril of a homeland strike in our own neighbourhoods and that this is just around the corner and will come from these groups of terrorists foreign or home grown no matter what they call themselves...they are everywhere and not just in 'the land of the free and home of the brave'.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Jakal26

Well I keep up pretty well and one day it was all al-quida and the next day al-quida was history and it was ISIS. All I have to say is I think it's all a show to make you scared of the boogeyman so you write them a blank check for their military-industrial complex friends.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
There's no direct translation of their actual Arabic name but to the best of my knowledge it translates to Pig Anus Lickers. I'm pretty sure that's as accurate a translation as you'll find.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Interesting. That must be a dialect I'm not familiar with. However, the basis is certainly founded in fact!

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: MX61000
Excuse me, but you can't defeat Islam, especially the “ Kingdom “... You'll die trying. Allah, the Supreme Being could have you all destroyed right now if he willed, with minimal loss on our side. In fact, Allah has declared that only about 300 Muslims will die before the complete removal of the other side.

WTF is this BS, yes I used acronyms.

Guess you need a new god, more than 300 are dead.

I'm referring to the final judgment, the final war that will put an end to all war, I don't see it as a war, just a bloodbath or a cleansing of the Earth. Soon to come, because it's LONG past due, We are tired of your BS for the last 6k years, now the time will soon know no more.
edit on AugX61000 by MX61000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Wow,

Could you explain what you are talking about?

It sounds like your saying America and the West will be wiped out.

It of sounds like you are saying your God is going to kill my family.

I'm sure I'm wrong...but, that's how I read it.

posted on Aug, 22 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

Excuse me, but you can't defeat Islam, especially the “ Kingdom “... You'll die trying. Allah, the Supreme Being could have you all destroyed right now if he willed, with minimal loss on our side. In fact, Allah has declared that only about 300 Muslims will die before the complete removal of the other side.

WTF is this BS, yes I used acronyms.

Guess you need a new god, more than 300 are dead.

I'm referring to the final judgment, the final war that will put an end to all war, I don't see it as a war, just a bloodbath or a cleansing of the Earth. Soon to come, because it's LONG past due, We are tired of your BS for the last 6k years, now the time will soon know no more.

WWI was the war to end all wars in its day too. Your bloodbath will be the end of your god and it will be placed on the scrapheap of history like Baal and all the others.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: damwel
It really bothered me when this ISIS appeared out of nowhere and when they first appeared everyone referred to them as ISIS. Really? An Islamic group naming themselves after an Egyptian goddess? I don't think so. It's my belief that the folks that make this crap up, screwed up and are back pedaling like mad in an attempt to change the name. I just don't believe any of it any more.

I hear ya, damwel. I thought the same thing... ISIS? Really??? For that matter, why would they use a foreign (to them) alphabet representing English words. Don't they hate everything about us?

Yep, somebody got sloppy with the terrorist acronym. :\

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

All of the above. They are not telling the public ISSLelite and splinter group ISIS. Command groups IS.
White wash phy op
The above is just an example. that they are both.
all funded by private bankers. Same families that funded Nazi germany.
ISIS groups made a deal with the devil, and now it is hunting seasons, while the banker bank on $$$$$ and blood.
edit on 23414474185 by zysin5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join