It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sighters Have Found A Bone In Mars Amidst Reports of UFO Sighting[Watch Video]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
UFO Sighters Have Found A Bone In Mars Amidst Reports of UFO Sighting[Watch Video]

UFO watchers have found a bone on Mars, claimed Chron.com. It appears to be like a thigh bone.This report comes after claims on recent sightings of UFO.

None of the National Aeronautic and Space Administration scientists have spoken about it, but the news has been going viral. In photos taken by the Mars Curiosity Rover by NASA, one of them shows a mysterious bone on the Red Planet.

UFO Blogger said that the images were captured by the rover on August 14.

The object was clearly visible and people have jumped to the assumption that there were living beings on Mars. 'Experts' have been quoted on UFO Blogger that a bone like object has been seen in the photos and it has to be genuine and authentic as it was captured by the Curiosity Rover. Many disagree with the view of the 'experts'.

click link for article..

We have all seen items spotted on Mars over the years and even more so since we put landers down. A large chunk of those sightings can be explained away, some deserve further attention. NASA usually dismisses the claims - except in this case. This item apparently has NASA scientists puzzled to the extent that they are analyzing the image.

NASA scientists need to analyze the picture and find out about the nature of the bone. People are getting curious about it as sudden sightings of UFO's and dinosaur bones have left them feeling haunted and they are demanding for answers now.
[/ex

This appears to be one that falls into the latter.

Thoughts?
edit on 21-8-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There is another thread about the bone here, but yours makes a UFO blog connection.
Just so you can check it out....

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:21 AM
link   
My question is:

Why these things are always “on the surface”..? Like they are not subject to move or buried/covered by the dusts coming from those violent sand storms on the Mars..!

Something is not right here…

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Because not only do sandstorms bury things, they also blow away layers and expose things. The same goes for the ocean floor after violent storms stir up strong currents. Same with floods...sure, the sediment buries things, but the running water also exposes things as well.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: amkia

Honestly, this is probably just an unique shaped rock that was kicked up by the rover recently when it had to reverse itself from getting stuck in that sandpit. True, it is an awesome anonamly! Being they would not want to risk their rover getting stopped, I doubt they will return to this spot now. I would hope that they do put this location on their Mars map for further investigation, when we finally have people on the planet to investigate. Fossils would be awesome, even if this is from a very small creature long gone. For now, it is only up for speculation.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

This item apparently has NASA scientists puzzled to the extent that they are analyzing the image.

You got that from "NASA scientists need to analyze the picture and find out about the nature of the bone?" The article never says NASA is analyzing it. Even if they were, why does that mean they are stumped? Shouldn't they be "analyzing" every image?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Once again, look at my avatar.
Is is a green alien or a 700 pound stone I dug from the bed of a local river?
edit on 21-8-2014 by TerryMcGuire because: pound

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I think you found a petrified sloth.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: lemmin

This item apparently has NASA scientists puzzled to the extent that they are analyzing the image.

You got that from "NASA scientists need to analyze the picture and find out about the nature of the bone?" The article never says NASA is analyzing it. Even if they were, why does that mean they are stumped? Shouldn't they be "analyzing" every image?

NASA scientists need to analyze the picture and find out about the nature of the bone. People are getting curious about it as sudden sightings of UFO's and dinosaur bones have left them feeling haunted and they are demanding for answers now.

What part of the above confused you.

As for the remainder of your flip comment direct it at NASA. They are in a better position to answer.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
While the picture sure is provocative, I'm sticking with strange-looking rock...

For one thing, the trochanteric crest seems a little too pronounced for my liking.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Really the media must be flat out stealing stories from ATS. It is becoming a real habit of seeing a thread on here then the story breaks in the media a few days later. Those darn thieves!

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lady_Tuatha
Really the media must be flat out stealing stories from ATS. It is becoming a real habit of seeing a thread on here then the story breaks in the media a few days later. Those darn thieves!

If more of this gets in the media the better. I would be willing to overlook the theft of a story if it cultivates national and global discussion on the topic.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

What part of the above confused you.

The part I find confusing is that you're interpreting that paragraph to mean NASA is doing anything. All that paragraph states is the writer's demand that NASA "analyze the picture." It doesn't state that NASA *is* analyzing the picture. As it states earlier in the article "None of the National Aeronautic and Space Administration scientists have spoken about it."

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
For a thigh bone, it's pretty darn small.

Here's image 0721ML0030840010304963E01_DXXX, where the "bone" is visible.

Notice the grooves in the image. Those are wheel tracks from the rover.

Here's image FLB_461492607EDR_F0401378FHAZ00325M, from the front Hazcam, which shows a wider view of the area.

Here's 0721ML0030840010304963E01_DXXX overlaid on FLB_461492607EDR_F0401378FHAZ00325M:

So it's pretty small, I'd say less than a quarter the width of a wheel. The wheels are 15.7 inches wide.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
What business do UFO sighters have spotting bones on Mars? And what does something lying on Mars have anything to do with recent UFO sightings? *scratches head*

To me, it looks like a concretion. We can call it a pseudofossil

There is an even stranger looking formation to the right of it: mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

P.S. Just read the article in OP. While International Business Times seems like a respectable media source, this article sounds like it was written by a schoolboy. "People are getting curious about it as sudden sightings of UFO's and dinosaur bones have left them feeling haunted and they are demanding for answers now." - that made me lol.
edit on 21-8-2014 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

I would ask you and all participants of this thread to observe the latest incredible find of either an emblem or living "thing" on Gigapan # 160478... a golden face staring back at us....
also see a YouTube by Whatsupinthe Sky37 : www.youtube.com... ....this will really stop you to ask, WTF??

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: wildespace

P.S. Just read the article in OP. While International Business Times seems like a respectable media source, this article sounds like it was written by a schoolboy. "People are getting curious about it as sudden sightings of UFO's and dinosaur bones have left them feeling haunted and they are demanding for answers now." - that made me lol.

Sadly this is the state of mainstream science reporting these days... See the ISS plankton story for another example. Most of the people assigned these stories have very little scientific background and in some cases (like this one) very little critical thinking skills.

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
NASA's official take on the "bone": mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

No bones about it! Seen by Mars rover Curiosity using its MastCam, this Mars rock may look like a femur thigh bone. Mission science team members think its shape is likely sculpted by erosion, either wind or water.

If life ever existed on Mars, scientists expect that it would be small simple life forms called microbes. Mars likely never had enough oxygen in its atmosphere and elsewhere to support more complex organisms. Thus, large fossils are not likely.

But they ignored one possibility - that this is a bone from an non-martian visitor, or even a bone from a small animal left on Mars by a non-martian visitor, perhaps as an experiment.

top topics

join