It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So much for democracy:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: qwerty12345
I just have to say for the millionth time; we're a Republic, not a democracy. Albeit, the people are no longer represented.

You are so correct.

Any pretense that the government is FOR the people has been stripped away
when the IRS began harassing groups for their ideas and opinions that were different than the President's
and when the TSA began literally sticking their hands down people's pants who were old, ill, or babies in full view of the public and without apology

Any pretense that the government is BY the people was blown away for me when the Justice Department refused to prosecute or even censure the Black Panthers for open intimidation at the polls, which was recorded on multiple videos

Any pretense that the government is OF the people has been stripped away when
the majority want the borders closed for the safety (health and ISIS wise good reasons)
and the government keeps them wide open

We aren't even a representative kind of anything anymore;
we are a sometimes not so benevolent dictatorship of the new liberal/progressive politicians

The old liberals cherished freedom of speech
The new liberals cherish punishment for non PC speech

The old liberals honored the military personnel
The new liberals disparage the military personnel, and then use them for "social" reasons around the world
(I know former secret service agents and military stationed at the white house who told me horror stories of the ways these new liberals speak about military personnel)

The old liberals were willing to change if a policy they enacted ended up hurting the US
The new liberals blindly charge on with policies that result in the exact opposite of what they promised they would do

But these new liberals have bribed the uninformed, the uneducated, the poor
(and they are intent on all of us being equally poor, the average household income is now 3% less than 5 years ago)
(there are now very close to as many people on welfare as work for private companies, and the number of people whose living relies on the government, be they government employees or city employees or welfare recipients, now exceed the number truly paying taxes and contributing to the support of the rest)
so the people who rely on the government must now bow to the wishes of the new liberals, or else

We aren't even UNITED States anymore,
look at the map we have had for many many years now at voting patterns,
and political idea patterns.

We should really be called the Dysfunctional States of the New Liberalism,
or the Dysfunctional States of Progressivism

and this video is one more proof of all I said above.

edit on 9Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:42:59 -0500am82108amk214 by grandmakdw because: highlight

edit on 9Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:54:04 -0500am82108amk214 by grandmakdw because: highlight thought

edit on 9Thu, 21 Aug 2014 09:56:02 -0500am82108amk214 by grandmakdw because: same

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
This isn't just an issue of being in the Military or being a Veteran.... this video is alarming because the USA flag and Citizen were removed from a protest that occurred on USA soil.

I would have thought that the Police would have supported him.

Police do not support people that go into protests and start trouble. Had this guy stayed on the Israeli side none of this would have happened but he didn't. This guy gave interviews before even going to the protest so that pretty much shows he went there to start trouble. Do you support a persons right to turn a peaceful protest into a violent protest?

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
You can't view that video if you don't have fb

<< 1   >>

join