It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bag clips, you know, like we buy to seal a bag of chips or crackers?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Maybe it is my old age or maybe it is just trying to save what little bit of disposable income I have, but the other day, I was at a Dollar General Store and purchased a pair of shorts. Well anyhow, usually they don't give you the hanger that the clothing comes on, but in this case they did!

Here is a pic!

Well, I need something to seal a bag of Tortilla chips and didn't have one of those cheap chip clips and I happened to notice this hanger laying on the counter top!

Low and behold, not only does it serve as a bag clip, but it is much stronger than the ones that are marketed for that purpose!

All you need is a hack saw or tin snips and cut the clip off of each end of the hanger!

Anyhow, just thought I would share that with you all, and YES! I get it, I don't have a life! : )

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'm still working on one of these.

I never could figure out why the office needed all these damn things. I think our office supply manager secretly likes to clip them to herself or something!
edit on 8/20/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I use these

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
The best, cheapest thing I've found for bag clips is those wooden clothesline pins. You can get 50 of them for a couple of bucks at Wally World (wal-mart) or the dollar store. Work great for sealing bags in cereal boxes too, and they are so cheap you don't care if a couple get lost somehow.

Usually I tell 'em I don't want the hangers, but now ... thanks!
edit on 20-8-2014 by eeyipes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

I use these

I don't have any of those!

But yes they work better than the cheap ones they market, for sure!

But when I realized what I had and what I needed, I figured out real quick how to save a buck or two! lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: eeyipes
The best, cheapest thing I've found for bag clips is those wooden clothesline pins. You can get 50 of them for a couple of bucks at Wally World (wal-mart) or the dollar store. Work great for sealing bags in cereal boxes too, and they are so cheap you don't care if a couple get lost somehow.

Usually I tell 'em I don't want the hangers, but now ... thanks!

NICE!!!!

Cheap and works!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: Bilk22

I use these

I don't have any of those!

But yes they work better than the cheap ones they market, for sure!

But when I realized what I had and what I needed, I figured out real quick how to save a buck or two! lol
I used to get lots of reports bound with those clips. Stashed many of them over the years. Way more than I need for chips
Besides they never wear out or break

Those hangers usually hold clothes on the racks in stores. Most keep them for reuse. I think women's clothes more often come on them too. Ah, but I'm sure there's one or two residing here in a closet somewhere

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
One or two rubber bands works too. But I use what Bilk22 uses, bulldog clips. They're excellent around the house, repairs, and in your survival/medical kit too. They last a long time too. Good quality zipper seal bags are great for holding chips and the like too and you can use them for a while depending on what kind of chips you put in.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Or...How to Seal a Bag of Chips without a Clip

Haven't tested myself as I haven't had a reason...I use butterfly clips as noted above...

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   
2nd the rubber bands. When we were on just married and poor beyond belief, the cheap baggie of rubber bands did a surprising amount of basic household things.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Thats awesome! Depending on your kitchen cabinet arrangement, you could even hang one of those sticky-backed hooks on the side of the cabinets and hang the hanger with two bags of chips. In sight, off the counter, and convenient.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Even if the clerk takes the hanger off the article of clothing you purchase, a simple, "may I keep that too, please?" Will likely get you the hanger.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: tinker9917

Thats awesome! Depending on your kitchen cabinet arrangement, you could even hang one of those sticky-backed hooks on the side of the cabinets and hang the hanger with two bags of chips. In sight, off the counter, and convenient.

I don't have that arrangement, but I like the way you think!!!! That's a great idea!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Regular old wooden cloths pics work well also, last forever and are cheap.

Or you can just buy the ones made for chips at the dollar store.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I use plastic clothes pegs...
SIMPLE!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Well, at least it is creative and it is a good reuse of things that are already made. It beats throwing out the hanger.

new topics

top topics

join