It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demonology

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Well folks due to some 'new' info regarding some things, I've been doing a little research about demons.
I found a pretty interesting site about demonology and they even have a very long list of some of these mythological beast and their descriptions. I've read all the descriptions and was actually kind of shocked to find that alot of demons can bring fortune and 'positive' things into your life if you conjure them up-which by NO means would I ever do-but I always thought of 'demons' as evil in every aspect of the word.

So what I'd like to know is..have any of you ever seen or dealt with a demon in your life. If so, did you get rid of it? How? And did you know that not all demons need to possess a human? Please tell me anything you know about them...
Magestica

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   
"demon" would exact some kind of price for bringing fortune, etc.

I'm not sure if it was a "demon" per se...but back when I used to do a lot of automatic writing, I was communicating with an entity calling herself "Cheryl". (who gave me quite a great deal of information, by the way) One day, I noticed the writing and tone was completely different, and this was a new entity, pretending to be Cheryl. He (assumption) got extremely upset when I questioned his identity, and I eventually blacked out. I have not done automatic writing since then, and will not do so again, unless someone else is in the room with me.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That's very creepy! Yes they can be quite tricky from what I've read and they can take many forms, but underneath well...they are a demon a monster and most I believe, if they are doing anything 'good' for you, they have to be wanting something in return..they can be the masters of many disguises and ultimately(even though the site said some were 'good' - I don't believe there is such thing.

So you could be very fortunate that you aren't bothered by 'that' particular demon anymore. And you are probably right to have stop the automatic writing..At what point do you feel it 'changed'? What was it having you write? You don't have to go into it if you don't want to-I'll understand-but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?
Thank you
Mag

[Edited on 5/29/03 by magestica]

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
My Fiancee, a few of our friends and I go ghost hunting every once in a while

there is one place that we are sure is the most haunted place in the metroplex (metroplex is the local name for the Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas area). It's called screaming bridge

pub62.ezboard.com...

this provides a pretty good description of some of our past experiences

the most recent thing (not on there) we went out there with a rather large group of friends, and one of them, a girl named Nicole who had recently had a miscarriage, was, for lack of a better term, possessed by something, drawing her to the far side of the bridge, and she wouldn't for any reason be drawn back, Nicole isn't a real strong girl, she's rather small and petite actually but a friend of ours (a girl who is 6'1 and rather strong) and myself couldn't budge her, i had to actually pick her up and carry her back to the car, with her resisting the entire time and saying strange things in weird voices

I am convinced there are demons out there, others of my friends describe it as a gateway into hell, it's that bad

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:11 PM
link   
for info on this go to:

www.avatarsearch.com...

type in demons or something like that and off you go!!!

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have not done automatic writing since then, and will not do so again, unless someone else is in the room with me.

Now that is freaky.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Cheryl, was kind of sassy, and spoke in riddles, and liked to joke around. I asked her about herself, where she was now, etc. She claimed that we knew each other in a past life, near the turn of the century, and it turns out, I was female then, and a lesbian! Before, via a ouija board, I had learned about a few previous incarnations (an Assyrian farmer, an Egyptian priest, then quite a jump to a medieval mercenary, a rennaissance scientist, a woman in an asylum (where I knew Cheryl), and then a black man in the US army in Korea.) Given that almost all incarnations are male, it makes sense that the female one was lezzie...
Anyhow, most of these were confirmed by Cheryl. The only reason I ever even searched, is because I'd keep having dreams of how I died in each carnation....must have a thing against death... In some, I was killed, in others, sickness or natural causes. The ones where I was killed were the source of the dreams. I'd constantly relive being pierced with shrapnel, and watching the chopper leave, or feel the jambiya in my back, etc.

Cheryl would talk of where she was now. How time had little meaning, and that soon, she planned on coming back in another form as well. She joked that she would be two when I saw her, so not to expect much....
Many of my personal beliefs seemed to be reinforced by these conversations, except on suicide. She would clam up, and not talk about those who had done this. Also, I was trying to get her help to speak with a friend who had done so....and she would always clam up. From this, I gathered that suicide is VERY bad in a metaphysical sense.... It was when discussing these subjects that another seemed to be "peeking through".

The writing style was similar, but angrier... It had more sharp points instead of loops, and grew more and more slanted. It also came through faster...sometimes too fast to write. It always tried to maintain that it was Cheryl, but it didn't "feel" right, and I knew better. Most of the writing was incoherent, not clear like Cheryl's, but when I saw words like "kill" "death", etc. I knew it wasn't her, and questioned it. After a few sheets of this, I blacked out, and never did it again. The writing seemed to continue a little after I blacked out, but it was illegible. I could discern that it was the same message over and over again (about two sentences), but could make out only a few words, such as "time", "kill", "one", that I can recall. I never touched it again, as I woke up a few hours later, and didn't remember dreaming, etc. So....creepy? Hell yeah! I think I'll stick to reading about it for a bit....(and this was about 2 years ago...)

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
that the conversations with "Cheryl" went on for about a month....

The ones with the other, only about 3 days... The change was that abrupt....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

That is absolutly fascinating though i bet it was an strange and frightening experience

Did cheryl say anything on her past lives?

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
What on earth even got you involved in demons? I've had 2 experiences in my entire life with a ouija board and both times(something) was around. So I never played around with one again. So you are definately brave! Your experience would have sent me to the hospital Gaz. I am familiar with AW, but have never been brave enough to try it-plus I'm a little iffy on what something might write!
It seems that you opened a doorway(which is usually the case with demons entering) and that doorway remains open-so you may come across something 'friendly' but lurking somewhere is the evil that is dying to come out and play. Do you think they have gone away? Do you ever feel them around you anymore at all?
Thank you so much for telling your story/experience here.
Mag

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I was into demons when I was younger, happened on to them when I was learning about satanists. It really wasnt a choice as it was in my life from childhood. I attemted to summon satan himself. I used the Greater seal of Solomon, and after a few dry runs I swear it worked! But thats were it got odd, he didnt scare me, on the oposite he was TERRIFIED of me! After exclaiming that he didnt want me to hurt him he proceaded to beg me to banish him. still in somewhat of a shock I finished the ritual with the proper banishment and cleansed the area. I told this to a few friends of mine I knew would believe me, and one suggested perhaps my past lives had something to due with it. He asked if he had permission to read me, my other friends said he really could as he was latent. So I did, after an hour of trying he got a little exited so I asked him what he found. He simply said nothing, he COULDNT read me at all! After learning this I began to wonder, and after the years pasted I realized it all adds up,. I have tried past live repression, and even found on person who could get in. And she refuses to this day to read again. all she told me was that I was a very evil man, long time ago and even had tears in her eyes and was all red. I wonder about it but, rightnow I wonder what to do for the most part.

if yopu have any interest in things mystic or arcaine hes a past thread I posted.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
and only time I have personally dealt with such entities. They have not been back. I didn't get into it looking for demons. Every entity I spoke with before (whether through ouija or aw) was kind, and helpful. I had no reason to suspect otherwise. I don't think it was bravery, but niavety...
I was learning fascinating stuff, and I wanted to know more...

I was extremely skeptical when I first tried aw. I sat with my pencil in hand, touched to paper, and watched tv. Then, about a few minutes later, my hand moved and wrote the word "Hello" quite plainly.... I threw the pad and pencil across the room, and didn't have the balls to try it again for another couple of days.... Then, slowly, but surely, it started working well. I'd ask a question, then let the pencil rest. Soon, it would write out a message. Initially, I couldn't read it, but it was obviously the same phrase (same dips and peaks, etc.), and gradually, the correspondence got legible. (and obviously a different style than my own writing).

To answer the question about Cheryl... She said I had known her in a couple of my other lives as well, and once as a sister, but she neglected to elaborate on it. She didn't like talking much about herself...usually stating that she's reflected on herself long enough, and finds others more interesting.... Other than our association in the asylum, she never confirmed precisely when else I knew her, or in what capacity. Sometimes it'd slip out (she'd call me brother, etc.), but she'd never elaborate. I also don't know what other lives she's lead (neither of us seemed to ever be anybody famous, hehe...*sigh*). I've seen quite a few 2 year olds in the past couple years....wonder if one was her? She also stated that my fiance' (girlfriend at the time) and I were connected before as well (and in at least one life) as with her.

Since this whole experience, the death dreams aren't near as often though, and I've begun to see other snippets as well, of those past lives. Heck, in my more recent incarnation (the army guy), I could tell you what my date was wearing to the prom
I can see it like a mini video clip...very odd...but cool at the same time. So really, I'm better off since, so I can't complain....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If you really want to understand the roots of demons, and there properties, first I reccomend trying to understand the religion of the Sumerians and their ancestors. If you want to start messing around with some real heavy $hit in this field, then that is the first logical step on your journey.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I should reiterate...I do not claim that the entity that came through is a "demon", only that it reeked of "evil" and obviously was up to no good. Though I've studied a little bit about demons, when researching various religions, I'm certainly no expert on the subject.

The Sumerians, as well as the Kaballah, certainly sound like a good starting point...

To be honest, other than a little experience with ghosts, and some slight practice with esp related abilities...this aw experience remains as the most "paranormal" one I've ever had....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ouija and automatic writing aren't, as far as I know, related to demons and demonic spirits. You can, indeed, call up something evil, but I don't recommend it.

The price you pay for it is heavy (and can include psychological damage), and frankly there are other ways to do the same thing that are less risky.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
"other ways to do the same thing that are less risky"

Such as...??? Seriously, I'm just curious. I found both oija and aw to be fairly simple, and successful means (with the aforementioned pitful of course)....

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Last time i used a Ouija board the telephone exploded. wont do that again it was my favourite phone, it was one of those old style ones wher you wind it up.
never tried AW wouldnt mind trying if i had someone to show me how.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Automatic writing....

I have done that, and at first is not so creepy.....just like a seance.....only difference is that it is another tool that is used to summon up spirits or demons, as i call them.....

Funny thing Gaz....when i did that automatic writing, the spirit(demon) that i spoke with, did say they had killed themselves.....pretty freaky yes, but one is curious and continues blindely to do these things!
I have not meddled in the paranormal now for around 7 or eight yrs.....and don't intend to...
But i do know quite alot of stuff from my experience in dealing with the ''spirit world'' as one may say.....

And looking at today.....there are lots of people who do meddle with the paranormal.....not knowing of the consequences.
Look at todays movies.....songs........fashion......every day life is one messed up world.....
People looking up Astrology, to decide if one get's out of bed or not.....''Bad day today, '' ill go to work tomorrow,looks like a good one for me!""
Though it may seem 'harmless' it does have it's hidden egenda.....
Tarot cards.......harmless it may look........but curiosity gets the better of people and one looks for higher knowledge....not knowing what is around the corner....

posted on May, 31 2003 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This Automatic Writing has interested me quite a bit from reading all of your peoples' experiences. I have tried it, but the problem is I do not really have much patience and get distracted easily. Are there any helpful tips or suggestions that are good for beginners?

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I dabbled in the occult many years ago (over twenty to be exact) and found auto-writing and OBE's a little frightening. It scared me to find that I was not in control of the situation all of a sudden and the game became something much more deadly.

I know demons exist. I've played games back in the day that led to some creepy manifestations, i.e. black shadows that move about the walls, objects disappearing one day and returning weeks later in different cities, friends who were physically scarred (claw marks) after meditating to mood music (visulization technique); things and events that lead a man to take stock of his life in a most sobering way. I had enough of that life, it is somewhat unhealthy if you get the drift!? :cool

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join