It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back-to-School Debacle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
So... My son started to third grade today. Last week I had bought his school supplies, new clothes and I took him to get a crisp haircut so he would look nice for his first day at school.

I put him in the shower last night at eight o'clock. He comes out of the shower about twenty minutes later and almost immediately, I notice something is WAY wrong with his head. I pull him into the kitchen, where I still have the light on, and am greeted by this new haircut he has given himself:

da53f4cdf1.JPG[/pic]]

He had used my razor in the shower to give himself a new hairdo so he "could look like one of the cool kids."

Of course, I panicked. I cried. Then my friend, who was at the house, said he would run home and grab his clippers so we could just shave his whole head. In the meantime, I called our hair dresser who confirmed that shaving his entire head was indeed the only way to rectify the situation. So we shaved it all off:

si53f4cdf6.JPG[/pic]]

Now he is my little miniature Mr. Clean. *sigh*

He says his new name is Baldy McBalderson

Have your kids given themselves "haircuts" too?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: DustbowlDebutante

Ahhh, I remember giving myself a Mohawk...my history teacher greeted me by raising his hand everyday and saying how..

Like the buzz cut

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I know who you feel. My Son who is now 18 years old decided to cut his own hair when he was 5 yrs old and the hairdresser had to give him a number 3 shave to even it up.

lol

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Awe.. he's such a cutie

I have one of those stories myself.
My daughter, when she was nine, had long, beautiful curly hair down to her waist.
Well long story short, I woke up one day to her having bald spots all over her head!
I was so upset... I ended up having to do the same thing as you.
I had to shave her head. I got lucky though because it was at the beginning of summer.
Needless to say I hid the scissors and hair clippers from her.
Kids will be kids. Gotta love the little stinkers.

ETA: I did it myself when I was little also. Cut my bangs up to my scalp haha.
edit on 20-8-2014 by Arduous because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Bbwwwaahahaha!

Look on the bright side, it was a son and not a daughter.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

We had just shaved off his summer 'do, which is always a Mohawk. I guess that's just the timeless choice of haircut for boys

None of the kids here are allowed to go to school with Mohawks, colored hair, dreadlocks or any other hair style "that may disrupt the classroom."

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

We had just had it trimmed on a 3, but he used my leg razor. Actually, his scalp was smoother than my legs! Lol.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Arduous

Thank you. I cut mine when I was little too, but my hair was so long that it didn't do much damage.

Once the shock wore off, and the butchered hair had been remedied, we got a pretty good laugh out of it.

Always gotta laugh at yourself!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Too true! We posted it to our Facebook page last night and a friend of mine pointed that out and told me her now grown daughter did the same when she was little. But since she was a girl, they didn't shave her head and she was stuck with it until it grew out...poor kid!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Hey Girl! Great to see you back around!

Well, it could be worse. He could be 15, 6 foot tall, and give himself a reverse Mohawk, and think you are going to let him out the door that way.

That was a fun battle.

I know it sucks that he did it, but he sure makes a handsome baldy mcbaldson!!!!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Good to see you, too!

I realize it could have been worse. I'm still amazed he didn't manage to cut himself with the razor!

My biggest concern (now that I've calmed down - lol) is that all of those scars from his accident are on full display, and I'm praying no one makes fun of him on the first day of school. And although they are against school rules, I sent him with a baseball cap to school for recess because I'm afraid his noggin and the scars will sunburn - it's hovering around 100 F here!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

that about sums it up for all you parents out there lol

Also at least he has cool tshirts guns and roses lol the teachers will love the little baldy mcbalderson
edit on 20-8-2014 by Brotherman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman

Too funny! I was singing that to him this morning!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My sister did that one, but I never did. My infamous thing was the day I got into my diaper rash cream and used it liberally on every single one of my dolls and stuffed animals ... all over.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Oh my goodness....

I used Desitin diaper cream on my son, and let me tell you that is some stinky stuff! I can't imagine my reaction if he had smeared it everywhere!

I guess the lesson to be learned is to keep things like razors and diaper cream WAY up out of reach. Thing is, my kiddo will turn ten next week, we have had numerous conversations about leaving mommy's stuff in the shower alone because some of it could hurt him and he has never done anything like this before...

I'm so very lucky he didn't butcher his scalp with the razor instead of just butchering his hair!

LESSON LEARNED!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: [post=18313656]Brotherman[

Also at least he has cool tshirts guns and roses lol the teachers will love the little baldy mcbalderson

That is actually a GNR t-shirt from their Use Your Illusion concert that my parents took me to when I was 13 (I'm 36 now).

My mom is so cool! She saved all of my concert shirts from back in the day so my kids could wear them, too

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
That`s so funny and cute, I got tears form laughing, thanks for sharing !

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

You know mom, that fact that this handsome little man is going back to school, happy and bald, with everything he has been through, sure shows that he must have some serious inner strength.(plus a great mom!) I bet he would have a great comeback if someone was mean enough to say something.

And, even though he's young, you can tell him when he gets older, chicks dig scars!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

He already digs the chicks (particularly his principal at school whom he says is HOTT) and the chicks already are digging him. He even has a little girlfriend named Patience

I'm incredibly proud of him

So I guess the thing about chicks digging the scars must be true!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Add Vic's Rub to that list. My kiddo got all quiet one day, and I went to investigate and he'd thoroughly lubed himself with Vic's Rub. I'm still amazed he didn't manage to get it in his eyes because he had it all over his eyelids and everything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join