It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mapping the Spread of the Military’s Surplus Gear

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Here's an interactive map , by county . It shows what kind of military gear/equipment each county has gotten by state.

my county received 2 assault rifles, according to the map. See what your county has gotten.

www.nytimes.com...

I should note , my county is kind of small , so that might be the reason for only 2 rifles . Post what your county has gotten, if you want.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
a reply to: thishereguy

Good grief....this is kind of scary. Thank you for finding this, I've been looking for something like this actually.

In my county, Niagara Co. NY, they've only received 12 night vision pieces and the county right below, Erie Co., has received 12 assault rifles, 2 MRAPs and 2 night vision pieces. While crime in Niagara County seems to be less reported than in Erie Co. (where Buffalo, NY is located) I'm actually surprised that Niagara has only received the night vision pieces, I was expecting it to be more. What Erie has received, however, does not surprise me in the least.

On the flip side, my father lives in a very very rural area in the Appalacian Mts. where they have received 5 assault rifles... not sure what they are expecting there to need those... I mean really other than farmers the area is made up of mountains and cows. I don't see the cows rising up in some kind of bovine insurrection!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Yikes! The county I'm planning to move to has recieved...
156 NVGs
52 AR's
37 Body Armor
12 Pistols
and 1 MRAP

This is a very rural county, mainly small towns and farmers. But I'm thinking that there is a drug problem going on as well.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

I don't see the cows rising up in some kind of bovine insurrection!

Sorry, I just had to...

edit on 20-8-2014 by TDawgRex because: Oops!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My area only got 2 rifles but all the areas and states near by got 20 or more. But in hind site I do live near DC. LA got a bunch it seems like.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   
This list is only a small part of the picture, I think. It shows the county I live in as having received 9 assault riffles.
I know for a fact ( as my husband has installed communications equipment) that there are mobile command centers that are in our area. It was paid for by a government grant, so the re-gifting of military equipment is only a tiny piece of the puzzle.
The neighboring county, with far fewer residents (21,888),received 3 armor vehicles!

While we sleep, Big Brother is lining up the equipment and manpower that will keep us 'safe'.

And we, the people, are paying for it with our tax dollars.

edit on 300000077America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Is it just me or does this seem a bit out of proportion?

Population: 26,631: Juneau County, WI (Small towns and farms)

156 -NVGs
52 -AR's
37 -Body Armor
12 -Pistols
and -1 MRAP

Population: 431,249: Santa Barbara County. CA (Mostly Urban)

350 -NVGs
123 -AR's
50 -Body Armor
12 -Pistols
6 –Helicopters
2 –Grenade launchers
1 –Armored vehicle

WTF!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Not really if they're expecting trouble.....Wait 6 military grade helicopters? What kind did they send?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ObjectZero

I'm talking about the amount of equipment provided vs. the total population of each county.

Does Juneau County really have that many problems that they need all this? I know both counties pretty well and Juneau County is pretty mellow compared to Santa Barbara County.

Smells like corruption to me.

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   

LLOOLL!! Now that's funny right there!

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Just did a search for my home county.
We, also, have only gotten two rifles so and that was back in 2006. Nothing shown since then.

I also looked up an adjoining county and found out there were seven pages of "stuff". Some of it; I really wonder how they could need in law enforcement?

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

True, well how about this theory. There for defense from another area or party. I would say they based it of of numbers but some of the other areas sent don't match what was sent there.

new topics

top topics

join