It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media and Social Merry go Round of Ferguson

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I’ve got news for those people of a certain political persuasion, who are arguing so vociferously that Darren Wilson is innocent and only defended himself: the news is that whatever the case regarding Mr. Wilson, there is, has been, and will be racist cops who will, and have murdered black men.

I’ve also got news for those usual people of a certain political persuasion, who are arguing so vociferously that Michael Brown was shot down like a dog for no apparent reason by the cop Darren Wilson: there are gangster hoodlums who are predators in the black community who might deserve the fate of a Micheal Brown.

So who really wins this argument?

Likely neither of these two men really fit the stereotype of either of the above political persuasions bogey man.

Of course that reality will never end this, ongoing, what amounts to political debate
( remember we were here in the Trayvon case as well) between these two ardent proponents of (their side of the story) of course always filled with exaggerated and distorted “facts” from each side and “conclusions” reached always so ever prematurely.

Remember the story of the Elephant in the Dark is instructive. www.mythfolklore.net...

In other words truth often in these incidents takes a back seat to dogma, or perspective, and people rarely want the truth but want their side of the story confirmed and will just about go to any length to do that…

The point is we don’t really give a dam about the people involved we give a dam about what we believe.
And who ever wins the argument, really?
But the cable news channels!

...And I might add… forums.

I don’t really mean to be as cynical, self-righteous, or critical as this OP might sound; my intent is one thing only: to remind us to look at ourselves…. as we latch on to this intriguing story( AGAIN) like a leach unto human blood, we MUST always note what we are AGAIN doing.

So go ahead, enjoy this intrigue as we always do, as humans enjoy any dramatic soap opera.

But just keep this in mind this time: understand this is a merry go round that will never end likely any time soon: peddled and pushed to the brink by a media seeking puriant thrills and ratings…

Though, perhaps this time… maybe…by the next time, the next unfortunate incident, we will have gained a little insight into ourselves. Just enough to see and understand what this incident truly is:

It is the antitheses of the American dream,
it is a recurring nightmare of American history.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I totally agree. Few people care about the lives that have been destroyed or shaken due to this tragedy. Most people only see this as motivation for their views to be supported.

We also always want a "god" vs "the devil" situation. There was this great saint of a person that was victimized by the unbelievable wretched devil. It never turns out to be that way. Everyone has flaws and exceptional qualities. We are mixtures of good and bad. The most amazing thing is that we can do good and bad either at the same time or almost at the same time.

Another thing is that we don't want to sit back and look at the situation from many different perspectives but get tunnel vision and only see one portion of the event. I do think we have been train to give quick judgement and reactions. Too bad someone has not come along to be a mirror for us to see all facets of a situation.
edit on 19-8-2014 by feldercarb because: changed by to but

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Cooler heads won't prevail...but thank you for trying anyway, Will.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I think cooler heads should not prevail. In this case - it actually appears Brown was in the wrong.

But the fact remains - the police need to be reigned in. Can you say Thomas Kelley was guilty? Or the countless others who the police have murdered throughout the years?

The only thing that irks me about Ferguson is the fact that the protest came over THIS case instead of one where the police did indeed put somebody down like a dog...

Hot heads is the only way to get the message across to the establishment.

I do not agree that Brown was a saint. Not at all. But if this is what it takes to get the message across - so be it.

Lord knows white America would never lift a finger.

There should have been a lynching outside the courthouse the day the officers hooted and hollered and high fived on video after being acquitted of killing Thomas Kelley. But again - white America will never do a damn thing.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Excellent synopsis Will. Watching this all unfold between the media...........the law enforcement and the rioters is like watching those who study the behavior of animals in the wild.............and watching the behavior of the animals themselves in the wild.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Your welcome GUT

I can only deliver the message

posted on Aug, 20 2014 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Put your trust in no one.

new topics

top topics

join