It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi prince robbed of 250k euros and 'sensitive' documents during mysterious carjacking in Paris

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hmmm. This is a bit of an odd one.

The Source Here

Heavily armed robbers have attacked the motorcade of a Saudi prince in Paris, making off with 250,000 euros ($359,000) in cash and reportedly stealing "sensitive" documents.

Other than the information in the link there is little if any other information available about this at the moment.

Apparently there were 8 "robbers", armed with hand guns not rifles as popularly reported, who essentially took the Saudi convoy "James Bond" style.

Seems to me to be a very incredible and daring raid for a mere $250,000 - $300,000 euros. Was it specifically for the documents and the cash was a bonus?

We're certainly unlikely to ever know the contents of the documents, however, there was a pretty big arms deal that went down earlier this year.

General Dynamics Canada wins $10B deal with Saudi Arabia

From the Nasty Canadian's

Canada won these jobs over rival bids from our western allies Germany and France. We supported this agreement to bring these jobs to Canada.

Was the Canadian bid fully legitimate, or is there something we haven't been told ? I'm sure the French would be pretty unhappy about it if they suspected it was a back door deal, and probably not beyond executing this heist themselves in an attempt to find out.

Either way, I don't believe this "robbery" was just an inside job for a bit of cash. Somebody somewhere is really pissed about something, maybe we'll find out in the future, intriguing nonetheless.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 18-8-2014 by myselfaswell because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-8-2014 by myselfaswell because: pesky spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Now why would he have 250,000 Euros with him? It does sound kind of strange that a person would carry that much money with him. Doesn't he have credit cards like the rest of us? How about a checkbook, I would take a check from him. Must be bribe money or maybe he was going to purchase things he was not supposed to buy. I am sure this is common practice amongst the ones running things.

Now I suppose I will get an E-mails from the Saudi prince asking for information for a direct deposit into my checking account. Just because I said I would take a check from the Prince. I get those kinds of E-mails all the time, I don't know who would even respond to them.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Thanks for posting. S & F
Will be following this case with intrigue.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Briefcase

As you point out, for there to be eight robbers involved, something interesting has just gone down. It could almost be any foreign country though, such as Israel or Iran, etc.. I wonder if we'll ever know what was in those docs?

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
To a Saudi Prince that is chump change.

As has been stated, the documents were probably the motive.

My guess: the documents detail how the Saudis are bribing and threatening US officials to be their mercenaries to take care of the ISIS problem. The threat? withdrawal of oil and completing the crash of the US dollar by refusing dollars for oil.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Could be a million people who could have robbed him and possibly as many reasons why.

We won't find out.

Fascinating though isn't it, International gangsters or some officially unofficial business I'd guess.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Very interesting !! 8 robbers that is not a little league ,me thinks it was very coordinated and planned out .

somebody got some explaining to do . I don't think that will happen but hey I can dream lol

armakirais

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now why would he have 250,000 Euros with him? .

He's a Saudi Prince, he takes a dump in a Solid Gold John Harrington.
edit on 18-8-2014 by ugmold because: typo

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
It has Black Op written all over it. Someone would have had to known the value of the documents to set up a team heist and risk everything associated with armed robbery.

PS # this country for supplying the world's worst regime with mobile oppression vehicles. And Colombia too? Guess they traded them for coke.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

What is it with these Saudi princes carrying around excessive amounts of cash? What an idiot, was asking for it. You can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I agree. It just seems just too daring a raid for this to be by organised criminal syndicates or otherwise. The quantum of cash we're talking about is no doubt chump change to the Prince, and for 8 "robbers" it's probably much the same, I mean 30k each, I don't think so.

I also agree that this could have been undertaken by quite a number of governments, however, I'm sticking to my original proposition for the time being.

On another note, I see you may have an overly conspiratorial connection to this story. You've got a Canadian flag on your avatar and your user name "Ridhya" is an anagram of the Saudi capital Riyadh. Is there something you're not telling us ?

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell
edit on 18-8-2014 by myselfaswell because: pesky spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Wow, now that is some walking around money!

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Not that I dont expect that kind of tin foil from this site... but no, the name was given to me in a dream and I have used it since high school. I am the whitest person you will ever meet, I start to die at 15 celcius, no deserts.

I dont think Israel or Iran was behind it (though they certainly could be)... but Israel has a tentative peace with the Saudis (just secret mutual hatred) and Iran knows it is in the crosshairs and any wrong move the US would jump on them. Red Line rhetoric. It seems more like a business thing... either a competing company or an alphabet agency looking for those documents.

Something I just noticed, the article says they had no fear of police, and that they burned one of their BMWs. If they were trying to get wealth why wouldnt they use a cheaper car for the hijacking ? Psychological warfare, to make the convoy more comfortable (e.g. just another rich person driving by). Not to mention they left some Euro-notes at the scene, not the action of money-driven people. They were also well enough informed to know the Saudi's departure time, where he was heading, and had the foresight to take the documents, which might have been in arabic.

And remember all those threads on ATS claiming that soon there would be a 9/11 secret revealed? And that US-Saudi relations were at an all time low? Perhaps this is a 'seedling' to be referred to for a later harvest? Just musing

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold

originally posted by: rickymouse
Now why would he have 250,000 Euros with him? .

He's a Saudi Prince, he takes a dump in a Solid Gold John Harrington.

And here I was thinking they ate Euros and pooped out oil. Boy was I misled.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
wow, that is impressive and ballsy
Talk about ending up with a contract on your life with that one
I hope he at least had a jimmy the glick mask on or something..

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Be interesting to see what was in the documents .. rather odd way of obtaining them .. unless they are time sensitive needing grabbed quickly rather than from the usual methods .. as to the cash most likely the princes pocket change or bribe money .. it ok they have plenty of money .. had to be the documents that were targeted and grabbed.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Interesting. Nice find.

The folks in this article appear very business like and well trained.

I found this while browsing other articles on this...

Romain Nadal, spokesperson for the French foreign ministry, called the attack unacceptable. Police have not named the Saudi prince involved, and the Saudi embassy has declined to comment.

The Guardian article.

That would be helpful in possibly narrowing down what the documents could have been about.

Also, it's mentioned in the NY Times article here...

In July, more than a dozen people performed several similar hijackings, the newspaper Le Figaro reported, obstructing a road leading to the A6 motorway.

According to French news media reports, in July of last year robbers disguised as the police targeted a senior Saudi official from the ministry of sports close to Le Bourget airport after he had arrived in Paris, and then fled with about $267,000 in cash.

In February 2010, the daughter of the mayor of Kiev, who was riding in a luxury car on the A1 highway, was attacked in a similar fashion, Le Figaro reported, with the robbers snatching about $6 million worth of jewelry.

that the same type of robbery has happened in the last few years. Maybe it is just a robbery, but with between 5 and 8 gunmen as mentioned in the articles; at eight, that's only 45K each before expenses. With 5, it's 70K before costs. Not a heck of a lot of money to pull that type of job. I'm interested in hearing which person was attacked.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
That's close to half a million Canada bucks I think....
Well worth the quick in and out,
Maybe the robbers had lured the prince to be holding the money because they claimed to be selling HIM some dope on somebody....then they robbed him and kept the documents too for later use ....

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
From the article:

Police found two 500 euro notes, documents in Arabic and medication near the burnt-out wrecks of the two cars.

According to Le Parisien, the robbers made off with "sensitive" diplomatic documents.

A source close to the investigation confirmed the theft of diplomatic documents but told news agency AFP: "For the moment, we have no details about the nature of these documents. They could be sensitive documents but they could equally well be unimportant."

Again, if money driven, why would they leave $1000 behind? They left certain documents in arabic behind. Therefore we can conclude one of two things: the taken documents were in english (because they were diplomatic) and the robbers took the only ones they understood; OR they were ALSO in arabic and the robbers therefore had to be able to understand it, or at least the nature of it, to single it out. Curious.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The name of the Prince has apparently been released...

Article

Prince Abdulaziz bin Fahd named as victim in Paris robbery and said to be blackmailed over stolen 'sensitive documents' -

The article also says that he was heading to Ibiza. I am going to spend a bit of time to see what his name is connected too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join