It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

License to Parent?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: lonweld

Oh, it'll only get worse now that people think it'll be so great to have the government in charge of all our health care. Once they are responsible for that, then they are actually legally responsible for our bodies in totality, and there won't be much of anything to do with them they can't start to compel under the guise of "for the public health."

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

It comes down to education and trying to convince people that they should choose to do the right rather than trying to compel or coerce it though.

Have you ever seen pictures of the aftermath of a forced abortion due to China's one child policy? It's absolutely brutal.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I specifically think that if we're going to take this issue to the child rearing than we need to point out that no child comes with a manual.

Unless we start teaching basic life skills in school instead of propaganda then we are creating our future to be dumb. The people that are the most successful shouldn't have to end up destitute paying for an education.

Any person that has even made the effort of picking up a parenting book gets an applause from me. Because they cared enough to put forth effort.

a reply to: FyreByrd

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Yeah, except an argument could be made that Dr. Spock screwed up a generation.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I don't like the idea. Those kinds of humanity controls usually lead to other restrictions of life. Life age limits, euthanasia of the ones that don't fit in, sterilization of those who don't have the license, family size limits. Have you ever heard about Godwin's Law and the famous name behind it?

No matter what the statistics are, birth rates or whatever, don't panic. There are death rates too. There are natural disasters, manmade accidents, diseases, and wars. There is never the problem of too many people, it's just not having enough intelligence or lifestyle management skills that grows with the numbers. Whenever it gets to too many people, some kill off the others. The selective popular by design eugenic idea, isn't that just some killing off the others anyways, with some scientific-looking, mistaken for authority by the young and stupid, they must be smart because they're doctors, government impostors, while subverting the whole debate on deeds, merit, and willpower? I think the world might be better off without those scientists that endorse society editing (then next are those that devote their lives to looking at asteroids in deep space - you mean the telescope can stay but maxine gets sterilized? shut up, your degree just made it to the fire pit). They are nothing but educated dictators when they theorize death on their terms. My idea is, if you have the body parts to reproduce, and the wherewithal to make more, the chemistry to have something follow through in, and then the talent to make them function and grow up without dying, wow, that's a feat that not everybody is so brave to do these days. What? Children? Oh my goodness, is it possible with the economy and the politics and the career and the video game hobby?

Again, overpopulation is a myth. Undersocialization with many more people is the problem. GREED.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I think a parenting license is a great idea. Not to stop people from reproducing, but to stop the idiots from reproducing. Sorry if that seems harsh, but there are so many parents today that see their children as nothing else but a scheme to get government money. There's also the issue with parents who just don't give a flying f**** about their children.

I guess when it boils down to it, "just because you can doesn't mean you should".

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Auricom

I think a parenting license is a great idea. Not to stop people from reproducing, but to stop the idiots from reproducing. Sorry if that seems harsh, but there are so many parents today that see their children as nothing else but a scheme to get government money. There's also the issue with parents who just don't give a flying f**** about their children.

I guess when it boils down to it, "just because you can doesn't mean you should".

AGREED ... You need a licence to be in charge of a car .... You have to

study and obtain qualifications to practice law or medicine. You have to

learn to drive a train or fly a plane . Most things in life require some degree

of study and the relative qualifications to be obtained ... But the most important

job of raising the next generation seemingly requires no qualifications at all

How can that be logical

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join