It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Autopsy Report Leaked by NYT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

a reply to: backwherewestarted

Well the "shot in the back" just went out the window. The witness report - someone was caught on a cell phone talking to police - said that Brown was initially running away, but when the cop got out of his car, Brown turned toward him and tried to "bullrush the cop". Not sure if that is posted here in one of the many threads or not. The witness also said that Brown was seen leaning into the cop car and then ran from it. Shots or a shot was heard while Brown was leaning into the car.

I don't think people, or at least some people, want to know the truth or let it be known.

The report said that the shot he received at the top of his head appeared to happened when he had his head angled downward, so that could fit in with "bull rushing" the cop. I do think that many people don't want to know the truth. I agree with you 100% on that. They will feel like they can't let this go or the conversations that we've maybe needed to have will be gone. Nothing will be resolved and so on. That doesn't have to be the case though.

Everyone should seek out justice. Not their form of it or what they hope/think it needs to be and then continue the conversations and working for change afterwards. If it didn't happen like so many were led to believe it did, accept that and move forward to try and make the changes you were protesting for to begin with. There are conversations that need to be had, and there are things that need to be changed... That doesn't change if Michael Brown was not murdered in cold blood.
Not sure I follow. So in order for there to be "justice" they need to find that Brown was "murdered in cold blood"?

No. They are saying we should seek justice, and be open to what really happened, not stuck in what we think happened.

Either way they are saying there are conversations that need to be had to prevent this happening again.

You got it OR. Hammer meet nail.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

No, there were only two bullets that hit the head. One bullet ricocheted from the eye socket to the jaw and then the collarbone. The other bullet hit the top of the head. Michael had been shot four times previously but they were not life threatening and did not seem to incapacitate Michael.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Pic Source

The top of the head shot most likely happened as brown fell forward after being shot, Or, the guy who was with brown said brown had his hands in the air and tried to get down onto the ground, so it could also have happened then.
edit on 17-8-2014 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

It probably shows that the police officer valued his own life. One of the eyewitnesses was recorded prior to his official statement to the press - he said MB rushed at the police officer after they had the initial confrontation.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

That is not what the autopsy report said. The medical examiner said that it could be either due to surrendering or that he had his head down rushing the officer. There is no evidence to support one version or another.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Neck, jaw, eye and crown? Are they all bullet wounds? A shot to the arm or leg could be justified but those shots are meant to kill. You'd also have to assume that the victim was shot multiple times once he was already down.
How do you make the assumption that he was shot when on the ground?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
The only way a bullet could enter his eye, exit his jaw, and reenter his collar bone, is if he was shot while he was down.
There is no excuse for that.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Well the "shot in the back" just went out the window. The witness report - someone was caught on a cell phone talking to police - said that Brown was initially running away, but when the cop got out of his car, Brown turned toward him and tried to "bullrush the cop". Not sure if that is posted here in one of the many threads or not. The witness also said that Brown was seen leaning into the cop car and then ran from it. Shots or a shot was heard while Brown was leaning into the car.

I don't think people, or at least some people, want to know the truth or let it be known.

The report said that the shot he received at the top of his head appeared to happened when he had his head angled downward, so that could fit in with "bull rushing" the cop. I do think that many people don't want to know the truth. I agree with you 100% on that. They will feel like they can't let this go or the conversations that we've maybe needed to have will be gone. Nothing will be resolved and so on. That doesn't have to be the case though.

Everyone should seek out justice. Not their form of it or what they hope/think it needs to be and then continue the conversations and working for change afterwards. If it didn't happen like so many were led to believe it did, accept that and move forward to try and make the changes you were protesting for to begin with. There are conversations that need to be had, and there are things that need to be changed... That doesn't change if Michael Brown was not murdered in cold blood.
Not sure I follow. So in order for there to be "justice" they need to find that Brown was "murdered in cold blood"?

No. They are saying we should seek justice, and be open to what really happened, not stuck in what we think happened.

Either way they are saying there are conversations that need to be had to prevent this happening again.

You got it OR. Hammer meet nail.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ... maybe less if a hammer is involved though.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Well, the body has six holes minimum in it from what I read in another article, two of which were in his head. Now no matter what, the six bullets in this unarmed guy are enough to put this cop away for something. The people in that town have to settle down already. The vandalism and hateful protesting are uncalled for. There are people high up overlooking this to make sure justice is served, it is not a local issue that can be covered up anymore.

There were witnesses to this.
edit on 17-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: feldercarb

That is not what the autopsy report said. The medical examiner said that it could be either due to surrendering
and thats why I suggested it happened as he was "get down onto the ground" - Surrendering.

or that he had his head down rushing the officer.
or that it happened as he fell forward after being shot!

There is no evidence to support one version or another.
Correct, but its not limited to just two scenarios.

link   

No!! I am saying that if it comes to light that the cop had no alternative than to fire, there are still conversations that need to be had and changes that need to be made. That doesn't change if they do not find fault with the LEO in this situation. I was saying that I hope that the conversations and talks for change don't stop if the cop is found blameless.
What conversations are you referring to? Serious question.

link   
a reply to: skunkape23

No, the bullet ricochets off the lower eye socket into the jaw; the jaw deflects the bullet into the collarbone. it's an amazing set of coincidence but it can happen. It is due to the shape of the bones of the eye socket and jaw.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Well, the body has six holes minimum in it from what I read in another article, two of which were in his head. Now no matter what, the six bullets in this unarmed guy are enough to put this cop away for something. The people in that town have to settle down already. The vandalism and hateful protesting are uncalled for. There are people high up overlooking this to make sure justice is served, it is not a local issue that can be covered up anymore.
I'm not big fan for LEOs, but put yourself in that cops shoes. This big dude just assaulted you inside your cruiser and apparently tried to grab your gun. So you have to assume he is either on meth or just crazy. After running he decides to turn and rush you even when you have your gun drawn. Are you going to stand there and get taken out or are you going to shoot? And, after you shoot, you're not even sure you hit him because he keeps coming at you. What do you do brave boy?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Not really not enough evidence one way or the other for that. The first four bullet wounds to the arm are not life threatening and may not have incapacitated Michael at all. The last two bullets were fatal and to the head. With the first four bullets failing to affect Michael; Darren's mind might not have had enough time to process that the fifth bullet had been an incapacitating hit. If that is true, then no charge would be filed.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

This big dude just assaulted you inside your cruiser and apparently tried to grab your gun.

Are either of those two events confirmed? Just wondering because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

This big dude just assaulted you inside your cruiser and apparently tried to grab your gun.

Are either of those two events confirmed? Just wondering because I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere?
Here's a link with a video and transcript. Pertinent info at about 6:30

Link

Here's another link for the video.

edit on 23235Sundayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

link   

No!! I am saying that if it comes to light that the cop had no alternative than to fire, there are still conversations that need to be had and changes that need to be made. That doesn't change if they do not find fault with the LEO in this situation. I was saying that I hope that the conversations and talks for change don't stop if the cop is found blameless.
What conversations are you referring to? Serious question.

For starters why this still happens....

www.huffingtonpost.com...

If that wasn't so prevalent then maybe people wouldn't rush to judgement when something like this happens. Maybe cops wouldn't be so antsy and quick to pull their gun?? I don't know, but I do know that they are apparently still not being treated equally in all areas. Perception is reality, they are saying something is wrong and it needs to be looked at.

link   

Nope but there is some sketch eyewitness testimony suggesting that those incidents might have occurred. One thing is namely that multiple witnesses said that Michael was leaning into the car via the window.
edit on 18-8-2014 by feldercarb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
Neck, jaw, eye and crown? Are they all bullet wounds? A shot to the arm or leg could be justified but those shots are meant to kill. You'd also have to assume that the victim was shot multiple times once he was already down.

That's a pretty big and inflammatory assumption.
All of that damage could have been done with one shot. Bullets fragment upon impact. A shot to the crown (hard skull) could have caused fragmentation that caused bullet fragments and bone to split and run down the top of the head to the neck, jaw and eye.
I'm not saying that's what happened, just positing a possibility.

I said this in another thread, but just because you are a police officer and have firearms training, doesn't mean you are a sharp shooter and can choose to hit extremities on a moving target. It's not the movies.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A general rule of firearm safety is to be sure of your target and what's behind it. Knowing how many shots the officer fired and the distance is crucial to painting a better picture here, as well as his clothing and crime scene pictures.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join