It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political/Partisan Prejudice

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
As an opening statement, I wanted to bring to light the ubiquitous partisan prejudice that is used in today's political universe.

Firstly, I find it seriously distasteful that one cannot claim allegiance to a party without being called a "left" or a "right", or having their entire position and idea presumed before they can explain their self.

This is, unarguably, partisan prejudice. Not all republicans are the same and not all democrats are the same. Similarly, not all white people are the same and not all black people are the same. We can parallel this partisan prejudice with racial prejudice.

For instance, just because a prominent white person has stood for something in the past, or is standing for something now that may be considered racist, does not mean that all white people are racist.

Please stop the partisan prejudice. If it helps, please find your own voice and your own ideas so you can separate yourself from stagnant political ideologies and not be thrown in with the clump and clutter.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Maybe we should start by not "claim[ing] allegiance to a party?"

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It it funny because my wife thinks I am a liberal, on here I am considered conservative, but I actually consider myself a Libertarian. I support some of each party platform, but I am an adamant 2nd amendment guy and I love the Constitution and Bill of Rights so maybe that is considered 'conservative' in todays world of ambiguity.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That's sort of what I mean. As soon as you begin to say something, people then rush to all kinds of conclusions based on a single position. From there, within their own head, they have a presupposed idea of everything else that you are, when in reality you've either just met, or never met! It's absolutely crazy! I'm telling you, much of the political universe is ripe with schizophrenia!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
Maybe we should start by not "claim[ing] allegiance to a party?"

Except I am a registered Independent, but I'll bet most everyone here thinks I'm a Republican or something.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yep, I'm libertarian where making new laws is concerned, but I will argue social conservative positions on philosophical principle because I think a free society needs to be one of integrity, a moral one, but you can't get that through legal enforcement. People have to decide to be that way on their own IMO or else we wind up with what we have today - a government trying to make people live, think and be what others think is proper.

top topics

join