It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

However, if you do those things, you are breaking the law and will (or should be arrested). Even then however, you do NOT LOOSE your constitutional rights.

Your rights are even read to you as you are being arrested.

Not true again. More often than not, a condition of one's release on bail, even for the most minor of crimes, come with a giving up many rights. 2nd and 4th or the two most common.

The Miranda Rights are not any kind of rights. I personally think they are the one of the most stupid things to ever happen in American law enforcement.

I have never been arrested by a police officer who knew the Preamble of the Constitution, yet they all know the Miranda recitation, a rapist's law if you know history. Yet some still wonder why intelligent people have a major problem with the way law enforcement 'does business'.
edit on 17-8-2014 by jrod because: abc

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I completely agree with your sentiment. However in the current climate of Ferguson with looters being referred to as "protesters" and everyone agreeing that this is a highly productive way for them to blow off steam.

Can you imagine if some well-employed and productive member of society were to gun one of these people down?

It'd be Zimmerman v Trayvon all over again. Clearly a police enforced curfew is our best bet right now.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hammanderr

You clearly have not read my previous posts on this issue. I am not apologizing or sympathizing with the rioters. I did write that this would not happen in my home town because we are capable of policing our own and will NOT allow a bunch of morons with criminal intent destroy our town.

My post you responded to was a bit of a tangent to the OP because I was responding directly to another poster's comment.

edit on 17-8-2014 by jrod because: add

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

originally posted by: beezzer
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

There should never be a justification to curb rights.

you lose your rights when you burn down businesses.

No.

I'm sorry, but NO.

You NEVER (let me repeat that: NEVER) loose your rights....unless you move to another country and recount your citizenship.

Good lord......

You loose privileges. But you do not loose your rights as a citizen.

By thinking that way, you are allowing the government to turn your rights into privileges and the Constitution of the United States of America is NOT a list of PRIVILEGES.

my god........

felons lose the right to keep and bear arms.

adjudicated mentally ill lose the right to bear arms.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker

Obey Authority. That is the message they are sending.

Authority does not stem from a badge and a gun, it stems from acting on solid ethical and moral foundation tempered with mercy, justice and compassion. The people in power these days have none of those qualities. Hence they aren't in authority and must be disobeyed until they are driven out like rats from their burrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

However, if you do those things, you are breaking the law and will (or should be arrested). Even then however, you do NOT LOOSE your constitutional rights.

Your rights are even read to you as you are being arrested.

Not true again. More often than not, a condition of one's release on bail, even for the most minor of crimes, come with a giving up many rights. 2nd and 4th or the two most common.

The Miranda Rights are not any kind of rights. I personally think they are the one of the most stupid things to ever happen in American law enforcement.

I have never been arrested by a police officer who knew the Preamble of the Constitution, yet they all know the Miranda recitation, a rapist's law if you know history. Yet some still wonder why intelligent people have a major problem with the way law enforcement 'does business'.

You are confusing someone that has been convicted of a crime, with someone that has not, or has only been arrested.

I have been arrested. I have been convicted. I did have my rights read. I did have certain rights taken away WHILE CONVICTED AND SERVING TIME......

Not as a free citizen on the street. Stop trying to make the two things the same.

While serving time, I was not a citizen. Get that? Do you understand that?

I was a ward of the state. Everyone that spends time in jail is a ward of the state, not a citizen at that point.

Do you understand that?

Once you are released, you retain your rights again. Some rights may be withheld depending upon the felony you may have been convicted on, and is part of the agreement of your release.

Now....let's get back to law abiding citizens are are NOT convicted felons currently serving time....who are not actually considered citizens while they are locked up. You are confusing the issue.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

There should never be a justification to curb rights.

you lose your rights when you burn down businesses.

No.

I'm sorry, but NO.

You NEVER (let me repeat that: NEVER) loose your rights....unless you move to another country and recount your citizenship.

Good lord......

By thinking that way, you are allowing the government to turn your rights into privileges and the Constitution of the United States of America is NOT a list of PRIVILEGES.

my god........

felons lose the right to keep and bear arms.

adjudicated mentally ill lose the right to bear arms.

And can you show me in the constitution where it says that they loose those rights?

Or were those LAWS passed to restrict those rights?

Which is it? Show me in the constitution please....I'll be waiting.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
A Witness Conversation Unknowingly Captured at the Scene of the Ferguson Shooting is a Game-Changer

ximate transcription of the background conversation, as related by the “Conservative Treehouse” blog:
@6:28/6:29 of video
#1 How’d he get from there to there?
#2 Because he ran, the police was still in the truck – cause he was like over the truck
[crosstalk]
#2 But him and the police was both in the truck, then he ran – the police got out and ran after him
[crosstalk]
#2 Then the next thing I know he doubled back toward him cus - the police had his gun drawn already on him –
#1. Oh, the police got his gun
#2 The police kept dumpin on him, and I’m thinking the police kept missing – he like – be like – but he kept coming toward him
[crosstalk]
#2 Police fired shots – the next thing I know – the police was missing
#1 The Police?
#2 The Police shot him
#1 Police?
#2 The next thing I know … I’m thinking … the dude started running … (garbled something about “he took it from him”)
www.ijreview.com...
This is terribly important because if Mike Brown had been shot, and he advanced towards the cop instead of surrendering, it would substantiate the narrative that the policeman shot in self-defense due to the fact that he was being threatened with severe bodily harm.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

And while you awaiting trial you loose rights. This is before you are ever convicted of a crime. A major problem in the US is there are so many petty crimes that anyone can be convicted of, it actually takes a bit of luck to never be accused of a crime, and generally a bit of money to prevent a conviction. The US is the world leader in incarcerations.

Also say good bye to your Bill of Rights if you are labelled a drug addict or labelled as someone with a mental illness.
edit on 17-8-2014 by jrod because: 1

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I do not believe you have ever spent time in prison.

No one who has ever done hard time will be so quick to defend the police state that the United States of America has become. Further more your posts also have a touch on disInfo tactics straight from the book.

You are demanding impossible answers to questions you present. DisInfo/Discredit tactics 101.

It also should be noted you are trying to put words in my mouth and trying to undermine my intelligence by writings thing like "You are confusing someone that has been convicted of a crime, with someone that has not, or has only been arrested.", "Not as a free citizen on the street. Stop trying to make the two things the same.", "Get that? Do you understand that?", "You are confusing the issue."

I am not confused....I just want the truth.

edit on 17-8-2014 by jrod because: S word

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I guess we are talking about two different things, either that are people have lost their minds

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

I have watched my husband get arrested several times, he was a fighter with a bad attitude after Vietnam, but what I never saw was him fight with the arresting officer, in fact the last time he waited on the porch for them to come and get him.

When he punched the guy in the face, he knew he was wrong and he knew he was going to jail.

And we both thought the guy deserved it, but what are you going to do

edit on 013131p://bSunday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

your original statement was that a citizen NEVER loses rights.

I pointed out to you that a felon on parole, out on the street,
working and released from prison five years ago
does not have the right to keep and bear arms.

this is an instance where a citizen loses their right.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I guess we are talking about two different things, either that are people have lost their minds

When the right to freely, peacefully assemble is being curtailed simply because of some looters and rioters, then there is no difference (in my wee mind) in banning guns because of a few idiots.

I don't have to agree with "why" they want to march, but I will fight like hell for their freedom to "peacefully" assemble.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
No.

I'm sorry, but NO.

Good lord......

my god........

reply to erictheawful

yjis is your quote.

my response is to inform you that felons
LOOSE the right to keep and bear arms.

they neither move to another country
nor do they renounce their citizenship.
edit on 17/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The ability to assemble "peacefully" is now a privilege granted by the state.

It is not a right.

Actually it is. Ask Mayor Bloomberg.

Stated in 04 during the RNC.

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg told a group of volunteers who plan to toil at the Republican National Convention yesterday that he expected most protesters who come to the event later this month would ''be reasonable,'' but he warned that ''if we start to abuse our privileges, then we lose them.''

www.nytimes.com...

edit on 8/17/2014 by ThichHeaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: ThichHeaded

the words in the first amendment read "peaceably assemble".
not "peacefully assemble"

please deny ignorance at all possible times.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

When the right to freely, peacefully assemble is being curtailed simply because of some looters and rioters, then there is no difference (in my wee mind) in banning guns because of a few idiots.

I don't have to agree with "why" they want to march, but I will fight like hell for their freedom to "peacefully" assemble.

the words in the first amendment read "peaceably assemble".
not "peacefully assemble"

please deny ignorance at all possible times.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

they are not
peaceably assembling.

so it is time to put your money where your mouth is beezer.

get your guns and ammunition together and drive to Ferguson
and sling your gun and carry a lot of ammunition around with you
at 1-4 am in the morning and observe how peaceful these people are.
you will be happy you are armed because you will want to shoot some of the moronic idiots.
edit on 17/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Wtf are you talking about dude?

He was relating tk the protesters the week of the RNC.

Must have been one of those had to be there thing's.

On the note on amendments. Where in the 2nd does it ever say peacefully?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join