It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: yourmaker
"If they would have just gone home at curfew none of this would be necessary"

I hope everyone is enjoying all the benefits of big encroaching government! This is what you wanted. This is what many of you voted for!

Don't start effing complaining now.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: CRUSTY37
Yep ill do whatever I want as long as I dont destroy my community in the process. Sorry for those who don't get that...

And you'd be ok with a curfew set because someone else did? Go live in RUSSIA then......

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vortiki

Remembered hearing about this in RI.

New juvenile curfew in place for Central Falls

From May 22nd, 2014, and continuing until the end of the summer, Central Falls Police Department will be intensifying the enforcement of the Juvenile Curfew Ordinance.

Anyone under the age of 18 in a public place between 9:00 PM and 5 AM unaccompanied by an adult, without a valid exception, will be violation.

Juveniles found in violation of the ordinance will first be issued a written warning by police.

Police will then notify the parent or guardian of the juvenile and then turned over to their custody.

Any further violations could result in fines or other penalties that may be placed against the offender’s parents or legal guardian.

link

edit on 17-8-2014 by MrLimpet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Facts:
1. Brown robbed a store.
2. He uses strong arm tactics
3. He assaulted the store employee who tried to stop him.
4. He interacts with LEO which result in LEO being injured,
4a. he is shot and killed
5. The ensuing demonstrations are by local people who knew him.
6. Since the majority of locals who knew him were the hellraisers, ruffians, and gang bangers of the local community, the demonstrations turn destructive and violent.
7. Crimes that are breaking and entering, theft, stealing, arson, destruction of property, disturbing the peace, firing a weapon in city limits, firing a weapon at LEO, attempted murder, those are off the top of my head.
8. Authorities respond with tear gas and rubber bullets.
9. Those affected (the rioters and looters) are now whining about their rights?
What about the rights of the business owners and local employed residents?
edit on 17/8/2014 by spirited75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Will the cops ever understand their own power to diffuse a situation
just by leaving? What if the cops just up and split and left all the
protesters standing there look'n at each other? But that wouldn't
be any fun would it? Well maybe for people with my sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I don't have kids (cant bring myself to bring a kid into this train wreck, though we are exploring adoption) but I have seen something similar in the military.

When I joined back in the '90s I was told its my duty to know the difference between a lawful order and an Un-lawful, and if I am given an un-lawful order its my duty to refuse and report the order over the head of who ever gave such an order.

my squadron right now is predominantly young... less than 6 years in and they follow orders rather than do what is right on a regular basis... kinda sabotaged my career by telling supervision if we stay on this course people are going to die and we will lose air planes because they are letting planes fly with bad parts on them to make a training mission.

Anyways sorry for the slight high jack.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75
Facts:
1. Brown robbed a store.
2. He uses strong arm tactics
3. He assaulted the store employee who tried to stop him.
4. He interacts with LEO which result in LEO being injured,
5. The ensuing demonstrations are by local people who knew him.
6. Since the majority of locals who knew him were the hellraisers, ruffians, and gang bangers of the local community, the demonstrations turn destructive and violent.
7. Crimes that are breaking and entering, theft, stealing, arson, destruction of property, disturbing the peace, firing a weapon in city limits, firing a weapon at LEO, attempted murder, those are off the top of my head.
8. Authorities respond with tear gas and rubber bullets.
9. Those affected (the rioters and looters) are now whining about their rights?
What about the rights of the business owners and local employed residents?

We don't want to hear about that. All we wan't to do is complain and side with ignorant people who are breaking laws. People that should be at home in bed getting ready for work in the morning. Or working the late shift.
extreme sarcasm.

Not necessarily aimed at your response here.

If it were anyone here on ATS shop/store getting destroyed, they would be preaching a different story.

People around are tired of the ignorant asses with nothing better to do but cause problems, you think that these people throwing rocks and bottles are good people, wow you people are disconnected.

ATS, home of the double standard.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Will the cops ever understand their own power to diffuse a situation
just by leaving? What if the cops just up and split and left all the
protesters standing there look'n at each other? But that wouldn't
be any fun would it? Well maybe for people with my sense of humor.

the business owners in the area have been paying taxes.
it is police job to protect the property and law abiding citizens.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   

I've got such mixed feelings on this entire thing. Ever since I heard about this happening, I just can't stop reading about it. I know I grew up in my early years in St. Louis, and according to my aunt, one of the elementary schools I went to was either in Ferguson, or close enough to it. So something about this entire thing makes me keep as much of an eye on it as I can.

Now with that said, I've got very mixed feelings on this curfew thing.

So Brown was shot, killed, and left in the sun for hours. People get upset, and start protesting. Cops then come out in full gear, to "keep the peace". Then, like every big gathering, a bunch of crappy people start doing crappy things. The police then roll out military-grade gear to compensate. Things look bleak, until the governor comes in, removes the really bad police, and puts not-so-bad police into play. That, to me, sounds like a good thing. They're still in gear, still need to "keep the peace", but at least they're not as bad as the ones before.

Things start to look better, until rioters/looters decide to kick it into full gear. So, to help them disperse these people, and/or even catch them, they set a curfew. To me, that sounds fair. I understand people have a right to protest, and they should use that right. That's why I've been very proud of the good people of Ferguson. But bad things are still happening by bad people using this entire thing as a huge distraction.

So I'm torn. People have the right, but if they just adhered to the curfew for a small time, then it would make the job of stopping the bad people a little easier. I actually think I'm leaning a bit more towards the curfew, for the safety of the community.

Now, if they were told they couldn't return to protest in the morning, of if they tried making this curfew permanent, then yeah, fight it all the way!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

ATS, home of the double standard.

I wonder why someone with this attitude would read and post replies here, then.

Oh, yeah...I remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: MrLimpet

We have had a curfew for juveniles in our town for as long as I remember.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I don't see a curfew as being a bad thing in all instances.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I was thinking that about the news media

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: spirited75

the business owners in the area have been paying taxes.
it is police job to protect the property and law abiding citizens.

Yet they "stood down" and watched the looters while down the street, they tear gassed the press.

Good job coppers.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

Maybe I'm out of touch, but I don't see a curfew as being a bad thing in all instances.

It's a bad thing in general, because it's someone with "power" telling you how you're allowed to live your life. Not only that, but many bad things can happen because of a curfew. I'll explain.

The town I grew up in tried having a curfew. Many of my friends were night owls, so being at home at 8pm was flat out ridiculous. So, many protested downtown for a couple days, thankfully many adults protested with us. After a few days, they removed the curfew.

Many of the fears we had was not only a forced control of many nice kids, just to stop a few, but also how cops would handle it. Example, I worked at a pizzeria that closed at 10pm. So many times we wouldn't leave until after 11pm. Hence why many of us who worked together, would stay up with each other hanging out after work. I walked home all the time(small town). The cops in our town were known for harassing the youth, for some of the dumbest reasons. So how long until I was stopped after work, and given a ticket for breaking curfew? Yes, yes, work related was supposed to be fine, but we all know how cops can be. The type that harass aren't the type that'll do things properly.

There's just too many ways a forced curfew can go wrong. The only times I see it as a good thing(temporarily), is in regards to the thread's topic. Having too many people out is causing many bad apples to stink up the place. So they're asking for this to make their jobs easier.

But as a whole, curfews aren't good at all.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

In a so called "free country", I have a HUGE problem with it.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Seems to be working here.

And enforcing a curfew to protect peoples property from opportunistic rioters is also necessary.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: HandyDandy

In a so called "free country", I have a HUGE problem with it.

You think having a curfew to protect people and their property during this event is a bad thing?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Ma'am, forcing a curfew to control a few rioters and looters is the same thing as creating draconian gun laws to prevent a few idiots who would cause harm.

There should never be a justification to curb rights.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

look at that.
Reads like MSM/politican spin.
like a borderline strawman. the curfew wouldn't be needed if police had actually stopped looters

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join