It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is fate? And is there good and bad fate?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Fate might or might not exist, but it is an interesting concept. Something important is meant to happen that will effect the rest of your life. And this something could occur in a seemingly random situation. You walk into a restaurant, and meet your future husband or wife. You get a job, and on your work site you meet your future partner. Or you find your future career through a bit of luck.

These so-called fateful events could result in mostly wonderful things, or they could plunge us into a living hell.

So, who orchestrated this? If the fate was benevolent, could it be angelic entities whispering into our subconscious? If it was malevolent, could it have been archonic entities leading us to chaos because that is what they feed off of?

I don't trust fate. I suspect fate is a device of control.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

Is it not by fate that you are alive today? At least from your perspective? If so, why should anything be different about the other events in your life?

Many things in my life appear to be the result of fate. Or at least they are the result of things out of my control; or the result of things that I did not actively pursue, but that fell into my hands for better or for worse. Many of my defining characteristics are the result of seemingly minor or undesirable situations that I have found myself in; I can't help but think now that they were always meant to happen that way. I've come to rely on it.

Fate is a device of control. The question is to what degree and for what purpose.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

In my experience, fate occurs as little "moments" that I have already seen in my dreams...

Somehow it has already happened and I am living in the past. It does not mean that new things cannot happen though. The event itself is probably of no real consequence anyway, although it is still a certainty.

Probably little "accidents" and the like.
edit on 17-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   

What is fate?

Fate is nothing more than an abstract noun that attempts to justify occurrences past-tense.

"I have noticed that even people who claim everything is predetermined and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road.

One cannot base one's conduct on the idea that everything is determined, because one does not know what has been determined. Instead, one has to adopt the effective theory that one has free will and that one is responsible for one's actions. This theory is not very good at predicting human behavior, but we adopt it because there is no chance of solving the equations arising from the fundamental laws.

There is also a Darwinian reason that we believe in free will: A society in which the individual feels responsible for his or her actions is more likely to work together and survive to spread its values."

... Stephen Hawking c1994

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
Fate might or might not exist, but it is an interesting concept. Something important is meant to happen that will effect the rest of your life. And this something could occur in a seemingly random situation. You walk into a restaurant, and meet your future husband or wife. You get a job, and on your work site you meet your future partner. Or you find your future career through a bit of luck.

Fate is putting the cart before the horse. You can only dwell on it in retrospect.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   

You are all too correct
DO NOT TRUST FATE
There are events which must come to pass... This is destiny
fate is a string of events which have a causality that change the path your supposed to be on but the differnce with these is... That there are many paths to get to that place... Fate is an event that sets you on the path but is easily manipulated by abusers of the power and can have horrible effects...
Also the catalyst may not be destiny

I could go on...

Fate has done horrible things to me hope it helps x

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

Haha if an accident is what you would call it... It was orchastrated perfectly and and the script was followed well... Is that an accident...
with full knowledge of the situations is definatley negative mojo

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I don't believe in fate truly. Fate is not an inevitability, but a wave, and if you learn to surf, you can ride it to far off places. There is an enlivening force that you can tap into that synchronizes the activities of many. When you are tuned in, everything falls into place like an amazing and inexplicable choreography. When you ignore it, or when you get swept up in anxiety or despair, it moves on, leaving you behind. When you feel the wave coming, hop on. It isn't something that comes often and you can't will it to appear. It is an opportunity for adventure, and if you are brave enough to abandon your comfort zones, it can add a great chapter to your life's story.

new topics

top topics

join