It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Cigar smokers ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Was wondering if there are many cigar smoking ATS smokers out there ?

What's your favourite cigar / drink combo ?

I personally love a nice Cohiba with a coffee , tasty stuff

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Max_TO

Any decent Robusto with and after dinner drink - a good port, brandy, Amareto di Saronna, etc. Oh and a good piece of dark chocolate

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't smoke cigars unless but, ooooh Amareto.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I'll take a cigar, thank you. The Punch Grand Cru, Alec Bradley Prensado, The Ave Maria Line, Gloria Cubana "R" series.

If I ever have enough money, I'll smoke them. Now, I look for smokable but cheap. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Romeo y Julieta paired with a fine Cognac. Courvoisier Fine works for us poor folk, considering most prestige Cognacs go for $6K-$200K. Romeo y Julieta is not the be all of cigars by any stretch, but the cognac pairing is smooth, very smooth.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I like a cheapos. Fat and blunt. Tampa something, come two for the price of one. About $0.65 apiece.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Recently...a Cohiba. Friend at work bought me one. About $11.00 US.....Don't smoke, but will once a year or so indulge. Cohiba is pretty nice.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   
A Swisher Sweet wooden tip and a rock gut scotch. AHHHH... Loneliness.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Arturo Fuente Hemingway. Aged 5 years before you get them. They aren't rolled on the thighs of virgins but they taste fabulous. A good cup of coffee.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Anything with Montecristo written on it.Whilst mowing the lawn for preference.

Coffee....don't drink spirits,beer all the way!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I like a cigar with a bourbon/port blend such as jim beam small batch. After a few I dance like this.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MarlinGrace

I recently tried their Opus X Cigar and thoroughly enjoyed it

Nice avatar by the way LOL !!!
edit on 17-8-2014 by Max_TO because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Max_TO

I recently tried their Opus X Cigar and thoroughly enjoyed it

Nice avatar by the way LOL !!!

Thanks, the Opus X is a great cigar as well. Try a Hemingway when you can they are smoother than the X just a little milder more of a earthy flavor less the pepper flavor I have found. The Hemingways are kept in a spanish cedar lined room at the perfect temperature and humidity for 5 years before they are sent out for public consumption. So tasty.

Nothing better than a good cigar with friends solving the world's problems one puff at a time.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

non-cuban: padron aniversary cigar

cuban: cohiba robusto or partigas series d

drink of choice? ..... coffee with half and half no sugar

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Where to start...

I like a good Montecristo, preferably a #2. I am also partial to Rocky Patel's in most blends with a torpedo shape, La Flor double ligero chisels and any Cuban my buddy brings me since he knows the manufactures better than I do.

I typically go to Cognac, Scotch or Bourbon but I have a variety of liqueurs. Last night was Amaro so it really varies based on the cigar, the time of year and what I had for dinner.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Help!

While in stationed in Europe I used to smoke a small Cuban cigar, similar to what Clint Eastwood smoked in all his westerns. It was just right, not to much, not to little. Two a day. I didn't smoke cigarettes when I could find these. They were quite mellow with no bitter after taste.

But I don't know there name. I've looked all over for them but cannot find them.

I'm vaping now, but still feel jittery after a year and break down from time to time...quite annoying.

Does anybody know where I can find something like this?

And didn't need a drink, I just found it all relaxing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TDawgRex

Was it a cheroot style cigar?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarlinGrace

Arturo Fuente Hemingway. Aged 5 years before you get them. They aren't rolled on the thighs of virgins but they taste fabulous. A good cup of coffee.
Agree whole heartedly and with your assessment below, on the flavor. Excellent smoke and one of my favorites as well. Didn't know about the virgins LOL

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Tried cigars in the UK a few times-never really got into the harshness.
But then...A friend brought a large case of Cubans back from Havana,and gave me a couple.
MaaaAAN,they were peachy smooth and delicious.
Don't know what brand,but they were approx 8inches long and thicker than my thumb.
I am sort of glad I don't know the make,or I would have probably spent loads on them by now,as I think they were mucho dinero!

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: TDawgRex

Was it a cheroot style cigar?

That's what I thought they were called, but every smoke shop here in the states always point out the crappy cheap ones. The bigger cigars I like, but only a short period. I find I don't like to re-light them after a period of time. but the cheroots I could smoke in one sitting.

There really is a difference between a Cuban cigar and the rest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join