It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mob Destroys Ebola Center In Liberia Two Days After It Opens (probably infecting many more)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:
(post by IamSirDrinksalot removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I don't think you'd ever see this level of idiocy in Europe, only in Africa...

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky
Well it looks to me like a whole bunch of people

FLUNKED THEIR IQ TEST!

Darwin Awards to the whole lot!

edit on 18-8-2014 by UMayBRite! because: spelling correction

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: freee

I live in South Africa

We have our first ebola case today, a man who is being tested for Ebola due to high fever.

I always knew the zombie apocalypse was coming. Something I need to add to this:

Black people don't believe in Ebola, they don't believe that eating bats and monkeys have catastrophic side effects. That's why this has gotten so rife in the past 5 months, they wont believe in western medicine, they believe in their cultural methods which in my personal opinion is the reason why we are sitting where we are.

how do you convince these people that something like this is not good for business?

www.news24.com...

You lost when you said Zoombie. I mean WTF Zoombies? Put down your walking dead DVD's and take a breather.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Having spent 3 months in West Africa a few years ago, Gabon, this story doesn't surprise me in the least.

edit on 18-8-2014 by sunnyade because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: IamSirDrinksalot

Africa should be carved up to 1st world "sponsors".

We tried that. It was called imperialism. France, UK, Belgium and Germany did quite well out of it......then after WW2 the USA got pissy and made us give it up

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I've read another story where a person suspected with Ebola escaped and it turned out that he had Malria instead. He said if he stayed at the hospital, he may have been infected with Ebola and died.

So it seems that it is true - that people are coming down with Malatia also. It would be a shame for those with malaria to contract the disease.

I can see why some may believe that it is a scam.

Interesting story.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
I don't understand, do they believe that it doesn't exist (a hoax) or do they think that it was manufactured/spread from the centre?

No matter, it is done now and things are much harder now for everyone who is trying to halt this virus.

Reminds me of the cats/plague story in the middle ages.
During the middle ages cats were viewed by the religious population to be companions of witches and evil creatures and were often zealously killed on sight.
This allowed the rat population to grow unchecked spreading the Black Death like wildfire.
Wiping out a quarter of the human inhabitants of Europe.

Mankind can be his own worst enemy.
Humans eh!

One of the nurses was saying that she said that the doctors were giving the patients Ebola. Then you have the 10 years research by the military into Ebola in that area. That's where the half the problem came from.

The other half is that Africans still believe in good spirits and bad spirits. Even with early metalwork for making armor, they still believed every process (melting, moulding, hammering) invoked good or bad spirits. So everything relates to that mindset.

Perhaps if they do get infected, they'll understand that the blood-infected mattresses that they stole have "bad spirits" in them.

But other cultures do have their superstitions as well. Touch wood, black cats, number 13. Then the Chinese/Japanese have Feng Shei, lucky directions and dates.
edit on 18-8-2014 by stormcell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: nOraKat

I've read another story where a person suspected with Ebola escaped and it turned out that he had Malria instead. He said if he stayed at the hospital, he may have been infected with Ebola and died.

So it seems that it is true - that people are coming down with Malatia also. It would be a shame for those with malaria to contract the disease.

If this were true then the medical center was not doing a good job on the quarantine of the ebola patients from the malaria patients.

If the facility truly quarantines off the patients who are sick with ebola and the facility is able to maintain their quarantine credibility this shouldn't be a concern. The two types of patients should not be mixed together..

leolady

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The difference is that here at ats all we do is talk. these barbarians are actually doing something! you don't just...do that! it's not polite.

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady

One of the stories I read; the suspected Ebola person just got up and departed. None of the staff at the time had rubber gloves much less a bio suit. So someone who is sick gets up and leaves...how are YOU going to stop them, if a touch of a sweaty body can transmit the disease ? Staff are afraid just as everyone else due to witnessing others die.. Bad bad situation..

posted on Aug, 18 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Its obviously time to sit back and let Darwin do his job.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: leolady
The problem is that you cannot distinguish a Malaria patient from an Ebola patient. The symptoms are almost identical.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   
There's entirely too many of you posting hate. These are people. This is a very painful way to die.

You don't have to agree with the food they eat or their funeral rituals to be humane.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
The difference is that here at ats all we do is talk. these barbarians are actually doing something! you don't just...do that! it's not polite.

I'm all for action. Its not always easy to figure out what action to take.

I certainly won't be personally assisting anyone suspected of Ebola. How about I take action by telling you to do it?

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
originally posted by: IamSirDrinksalot

i can't believe this ignorant and thinly veiled racist rant is getting so many stars.

Africa should be carved up to 1st world "sponsors".

Yeah, because that worked out so well last time, didn't it? *eye roll*

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You can treat Ebola but you can't treat ignorance.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: maxzen2004
You can treat Ebola but you can't treat ignorance.

Ignorance is just as infectious.

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not to worry.

What's the worst the could ever happen?

Surely nothing like this.....

posted on Aug, 19 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Agreed, bad situation. I certainly hope the patients did not have ebola and aren't wandering around spreading it further. I pray for everyone's sake that are dealing directly with this.

leolady

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join