It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Brown Shooting - Distraction for the media?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
No secret there are three major events going on in the world.

Israel/Gaza
Ukraine/Russia
ISIS

I am starting to wonder if this whole Michael Brown shooting was possibly a way to distract people on a mass scale, and the media in order to get up to something in one of those regions unnoticed...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Might as well throw ebola on the list as well....Not to mention the presidents approval rating is at an all time low...

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Any time there is over-saturation with one particular event, it runs the obvious risk of drowning everything else out. I've voiced my concerns on this kind of tunnel vision before. Not so much that it's an overt orchestration of one-track info, but because if there is other things just as, or more important, going on, it gets drowned out unless we keep an eye out for it buried in the onslaught.

It's up to all of us to not get hooked, if we want to know what's going on in the rest of the country, and world, we have to remember to disconnect from the Silver Platter Drama and keep our awareness keen. Just because the Brown coverage is 24/7 right now doesn't mean it's the only thing to read about.

Always mind what that other hand is up to, not just the one vying for your attention.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Walkingsenseless
Certainly Israel Gaza has disappeared just when it was hitting fever pitch. So, who controls the Media Baby?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
It sounds like you are suggesting someone purposely had this boy shot in order to dominate media coverage, which is obviously ludicrous. Could it be possibly that they are purposely over reporting this incident in order to dominate media coverage? Possibly, but I think it is more likely that this is just a big story in the U.S. due to the implications of police brutality as well as the rioting and abuse of media figures on top of abuse of citizens and apparent suspension of the 1st amendment.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walkingsenseless

Israel/Gaza
Ukraine/Russia
ISIS

I am starting to wonder if this whole Michael Brown shooting was possibly a way to distract people on a mass scale, and the media in order to get up to something in one of those regions unnoticed...

Would people just start memorizing those details being released on these topics and focus on regurgitating that instead?

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Walkingsenseless

Israel/Gaza
Ukraine/Russia
ISIS

Forgot southern border alien invasion.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

The MSM can work wonders.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve
You hit the nail on the head, the media is just butthurt because some of their reporters got roughed up so they are keeping the spotlight on this situation looking for anything to make the police look bad

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Good point. I've heard practically nothing about Israel/Palestine the past week.

Today, a Directv guy came over to do some stuff, and when he was checking out the receivers he put them all on CNN. Poor guy that he was had quite a time figuring things out, so he was here about 6 hours, but ALL CNN had on THE WHOLE DAY was Michael Brown.

Ugh.

This is why I stopped watching most TV, especially 24/7 mass media news, and it affirms WHY I stopped watching it: they blast it into the ground, using every possible thing however small to keep the airwaves rolling, to keep people watching. They HAVE to fill the waves with whatever crap and repetitive programming they can.

A distraction? I wouldn't be surprised at all. Can't keep making Israel out to the big bad wolf, huh, even though they're bombing the every loving crap out of innocent people—daily?

Our Israeli friends pour too much money into our conglomerate. :/ Gotta make them happy.

Nothing to see here!

Then again, since the local police are targeting journalists with both strongarm arrest and tear gas (I wonder if the curfew applies to the media as well??), maybe they wanna keep 24 hour eyes. That doesn't explain continued broadcast, because reporters are on the ground, but still.

edit on 16-8-2014 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

While It might seem that is what I was implying, it wasn't but that is a good observation that I hadn't thought of. While I am usually vehemently against the mainstream media i this case I have to root them on!

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You can forget about the media part of it, they know 100% of what goes on, you can take off 2% as prisoners of conscience, and that's only in the realm of publish or not, NOT that hackneyed phrase, 'Publish and be damned' That doesn't exist any more.

If it did, there would be at least two recent American presidents that should have been impeached, solely on American affairs.
edit on 16-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Impossible...They haven't covered sheet! The scale of the attack on peaceful unarmed protesters the other night and I had to watch it on alternative news. I feel it was just the opposite, the media did its best to not cover Ferguson. The only headlines the morning after were how two journalists were arrested. That was the biggest news to the MSM.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve
It sounds like you are suggesting someone purposely had this boy shot in order to dominate media coverage, which is obviously ludicrous.

Someone else posted something in another thread that is extremely relevant to this one:

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
Too many people are focusing on the details and missing the big picture.

Piece that together with the below quote and you may want to rethink that thought...

"Princeton historian James Billington (Fire in the Minds of Men) traces how all the revolutions were started by this occult elite.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

While that's a great technique I've yet to master on my note 3. Please just say what you mean.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

That is suggesting that someone somehow influenced this young man to commit a crime, and then separately influenced this police officer to shoot and kill said young man. I don't believe that for even a second. However I could get behind the idea that someone is using the incident to their own advantage to further an unknown agenda.

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
There is a dispute about tons of natural gas (I think) between Israel & Palestine (Gaza actually) with good old British Gas stuck in the middle.
www.offshore-technology.com...
www.economist.com...
www.theecologist.org...

There is also a Russian gas pipeline running through Ukraine.
www.forbes.com...

Ebola; experimental drugs being used
www.dailymail.co.uk... ions-treated.html
online.wsj.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: supamoto
Follow the money. Always follow the money. Can it be cliché if it works?

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Divide and conquer. Whilst we have our eyes on what was a petty criminal given harsh justice - white to black etc etc we are not looking at the build up of problems in the ME and Ukraine. These are both very serious issues, in truth fcar more important than one crime out of how many committed that day and how many people shot that day?

Also we are not looking at the excessively disasterous state of the USA and UK economies in the US$ gets dethroned. That one issue could lead to some very unpleasant situations for the publics of both country's.

Ignore what the media covers, its the stories its pretty silent on that matter that the underground media covers, that counts these days. The day of the power of the Media is slowly slipping away underneath them due to a lack of credibility because of their inane cow tailing to the elite and `zionists - these groups have lost the iniative, lustre and edge about everything associated with excessive wealth. Their time is passing.

posted on Aug, 17 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
When Israel heated up Gaza, after three weeks of that, I said that I wondered what would come along to put these atrocities at the bottom of the pack and get the sheep off track. Low and behold!!! Ebola. Now the Brown incident. Too many people focusing on what Ukraine and Israel are doing. The question is; What will come along to knock Ebola, Robin Williams and Brown to the bottom of the pack? I wouldn't put anything past American news medias. Just watch the YouTube vid's of them caught faking news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join