It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the world have a death wish ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Washington Has Placed The World On The Road To War.

Does the World have a “Death Wish”?

The drums for war are being loudly beaten in Washington, European capitals, and the presstitute Western media. A headline in the Asia Times is “NATO Is Desperate For War.” This time the target is Russia, a major nuclear power.

The deadly consequences of such a war would extend beyond Russia, Europe, and the US to the entire world. The Western use of lies to demonize Russia endangers life on earth and reveals the West to be both reckless and irresponsible. Yet, few voices are raised against this recklessness and irresponsibility.

www.paulcraigroberts.org...

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

I find Dr Roberts to be a clear headed thinker and writer who many Americans would do well to heed. Of course the anti-east crowd will probably come in and start calling him a commie sympathizer or worse.

As far as the world having a death wish I believe that's mainly the banksters and the !% elite. And the death wish they have is for us not themselves. I think they want us reduced in numbers to around 500 million, then they'll be happy.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
He is anything but clear headed and as far as his expertise in the area he leaves a lot to be desired for - namely the truth.

Russia is the one that invaded Ukraine.
Russia is the one who illegally annexed Crimea.
Russia is the one pushing for a larger war by trying to figure out how to take south and east Ukraine.

The only reason for war to break out would be because Russia forced it by trying to bring the soviet union back to life. Making his argument by subtly trying to state BRICS will be taking over is another sign of how delusional he is.

If Russia wants to avoid creating the next major war then they must withdraw their forces from Ukraine - ALL Ukraine, which includes Crimea.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

I find Dr Roberts to be a clear headed thinker and writer who many Americans would do well to heed. Of course the anti-east crowd will probably come in and start calling him a commie sympathizer or worse.

As far as the world having a death wish I believe that's mainly the banksters and the !% elite. And the death wish they have is for us not themselves. I think they want us reduced in numbers to around 500 million, then they'll be happy.

The world would be a much better place if more were as clearheaded as he is.

I`m afraid you`re right about the 500 million, in a system which they can master they need such a reduction, while at the same time the world can hold 25 billion people, if only a few wouldn`t want to control it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Does the World have a Death Wish?

Population saturation.

Lemmings

Cliff

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Humans are about the same as any other animal. When they get crowded enough to have their lifestyle cramped or become low on food, they go to war and try to expand their territory. It is going to get worse if we do not reduce our populations. This is an instinct that can supersede our desire to be humane, we convince ourselves we are being humane but we actually aren't.

There are some people that can control this instinct. But they usually don't do well when this happens. The greedy and power hungry take over and put them into poverty, but many of these meek people survive. This is what has happened many times in the past. It appears there is no difference today in most areas.

I understand this, I can't say I really like it though.
edit on 14-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Humans are about the same as any other animal. When they get crowded enough to have their lifestyle cramped or become low on food, they go to war and try to expand their territory. It is going to get worse if we do not reduce our populations. This is an instinct that can supersede our desire to be humane, we convince ourselves we are being humane but we actually aren't.

There are some people that can control this instinct. But they usually don't do well when this happens. The greedy and power hungry take over and put them into poverty, but many of these meek people survive. This is what has happened many times in the past. It appears there is no difference today in most areas.

I understand this, I can't say I really like it though.

If we weren`t so consumer based, it`s not too crowded...and food can be made plentiful nowadays, it`s just the system in which "a few" want to rule that is the problem.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

If Russia wanted East and South Ukraine they would march right in and take it. Simple as that really. NATO would not lift a finger - only in your delusion.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

no, I dont think so

just usual discontent

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

If Russia wants to avoid creating the next major war then they must withdraw their forces from Ukraine - ALL Ukraine, which includes Crimea.

Yeah, well good luck with that.

Crimea is now Russian and I doubt NATO is going to start a World War to get it back. But if they do I doubt there will be much left of the EU afterwards.. or anywhere else for that matter.

Can't say I blame Putin for accepting them back into Russia either. It was the logical decision.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blacktie

no, I dont think so

just usual discontent

I`m guessing you reply to the world can hold 25 billion ?

It`s all about technology which we have now, we can make whole Africa green if we want to.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Lets be honest here, the governments of the USA and Russia are both effing crazy. Arguing over who is "better" seems really pointless, unless you point is to tear down another country or build up yours.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   

What Humans have, which can be observed repeatedly throughout our known history, is a primal impulse to destroy all that has been created.

It's the 'lets start again' justification which many members of ATS continually state as a viable answer to the problems we have created for ourselves.

Much easier to wreck it than to reasonably consider WHY we continually create civilizations of conflict, chaos and crisis, resulting in continual collapses until they eventually cease to exist.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Some of you, are all guilty of violating your duty and honor. Your oaths, are broken. Worse yet, are those that have committed conduct unbecoming knowingly and intentionally.

No more war, no more daily drone murders, and we clean up our own house. It is up to you, to restore our honor.

Bashing the war drums, will not make this law go away.

Tribunals are required. You are to follow the will and laws of the people. That is not open for discussion. No cause may suppress the constitution. No cause may suppress the people.

You are to protect me, not oppress me.

If you can't do that, then perhaps you should have never taken that oath and are in violation of Title 18 USC Chapter 13 and Title 10. Not knowing war law, ignoring the state department, their treaties in force, and playing dumb, is a pathetic excuse.
edit on 15-8-2014 by Not Authorized because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Yes, you are right. But those with prestige also want to retain their prestige and way of life. They often turn corrupt when their lifestyle is jeopardized. I am not saying all of them do, just hat a high percentage will do this.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I heard a euology for Robin Williams (called 'our friend' in the piece) on KPFT during the daily one hour Thom Hartmann segment today. I can' remeber the author, I believe it was another comic but am uncertain.

He spoke about 'our friends' activism against poverty, mental health issues, veterans, war and other social problems and how over his lifetime of service he'd not seen any improvement in the areas that he cared about. He though that may have contributed to his choice.

He went on to speak about how the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) has repeatedly asked congress for moneys to research suicide and been denied. He spoke of how (in the US) we have all the money in the world for wars and killing but none for people.

Does the world have a death wish? How can it not when live is of so little value or so twisted as to equate life to money & power.

There is a small branch of psychology called eco-psycohology/deep ecology that speaks of what we have lost in the name of progress and techology over the last two hundread. It talks about how being cut off from nature is killing the humanity in us.

Death wish - not willfully - but maybe the only answer.

Best Wishes

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Much of the world is waking up to their dastardly (always wanted to use that word) plans, so in panic they are speeding up their operations. The people who seek enlightenment are progressing faster than ever, due to the Earth Changes.

Meanwhile those who choose to remain ignorant are devolving quicker than ever through the dumbing down processes that they have perfected - Fluoride, Monsanto, News Media, Sport, Entertainment ect.

Panic Stations has arrived for the Elitists and war is their only option to remain in control. George Bush Snr - "If the people knew what we had done they'd chase us down in the streets and lynch us."

The plan is for a Nuclear Holocaust for us, and safety in the Deep Underground Military Bases for them.

We are on the losing side at the moment.

edit on 15-8-2014 by Dingo80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

Yes, you are right. But those with prestige also want to retain their prestige and way of life. They often turn corrupt when their lifestyle is jeopardized. I am not saying all of them do, just hat a high percentage will do this.

Problem for humanity is a few % of population is psychopath/sociopath, and they are in charge.

They deliberately make a huge bunch of crap in this world, so people go inside their "artificial wombs" (created by own minds, games, soap series, etc.)

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
when was the last time any. ANY of you planted a tree or cared about the air you breath and what made that air. I guessing no one. People do need to take care of what they make and do. Hell, they cain't even do that. The people in africa are starving and the children are too, but yet the mother cries for her baby dying. WHY is she crying. she created the problem. You don't have kids if you know you can NOT take care of them. She know that, but had a child anyways and crying that it starving. SHE IS THE PROBLEM, the parents are the problem. Fix the problems, don't add to them. I agree that the population should be alot less, but outright extermination is not right. But if the world had one child or no children every year, this would greatly decrease populations. This scenario would work, but people would not do this. I know at least 3 people who had children and they have children all over the place. Some of them have children in other states.
People don't care about the future, they only care about the now. SO YEAH, they seem to be on a wish all right. Take action, plant a tree or more and have one or no children. Let a tree be your child and watch it grow and give you clean air to breath for you and others. Try not to pollute and think of ways to clean it up. Some students at the university had an experiment. They wanted to know how population effects society. They learned that when people and animals get crowded in a space, they tend to get more and more violent against itself. GEE doesn't that sound familiar. Overpopulated area's get more violent. CROWDED. More reliant on resources. Destruction. SO YEAH, humanity self destructs and rebuilds again. A continuous cycle. The cycle of life. Plant a tree people ,,,, plant a tree. Don't do what the rest of society does. Make a difference. CARE. We are in a self destruct mode right now. Plant a few thousand trees in and around your neighborhood. I have, i lost count on how many trees i planted all over the place. Sides of highways,barren feilds,parking lots and anywhere trees are not. We are getting overpopulated and more violent against each other. We are seeing more of this every day.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Do you guys want to know what is really going on.

US is completely broke.

And they think that only a major war can erase their debt without erasing at the same time entire US government.

The point is to erase the debt and yet somehow survive the international AND DOMESTIC backlash.

The plan is to re-direct people and their supposed enemies, so that the FED can pull off magic voodoo, and hyperinflate debt, blaming war.

Hey its the war, the war, blame the barbarians at the gate, don't ask how we got here and why has everyone ganged up against us.

"They hate US freedom and US greatness "

If this sounds silly to you, I guarantee you masses will swallow it because they will be looking at war, and will rally behind government out of cowardice

top topics

<<   2 >>

join