It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right on

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hello all. I've decided to join because a coworker of mine constantly tells me about topics he reads in these forums. I figure I would check it out. We are always talking about events happening around the world and debating about what really could be going on. We also talk about worst case scenarios and how we would handle them. We also have frequent talks about Yellowstone Park as its piratically our back yard. I like to argue that I would rather be here when it goes, then off somewhere else sucking on ash until I die. But I should save that for another topic.
I guess I could go into a bit more of my character. I left college to work in the mining business, specifically exploration. I started in gold and ended in uranium. I didn't want to get into oil or gas because it seems like everyone in this state does one and/or the other. I went away from mining and started my apprenticeship in low voltage. I travel a lot with my jobs and meet all types of people and hear all sorts of stories. I don't get to share them much because I think people refuse to even listen. On my time off I like to play music, watch netflix (Star Trek, Firefly, Jericho, ext), work on my own electronics, or hang out at my friend's shop (a hackerspace he is setting up. One day I would like to have enough to get some land and build an earthship.
I hope I didn't bore you all and I hope to be an active member on these forums

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Welcome! I'm definitely not bored, that's quite an intro. You certainly aren't leading a humdrum life. Looking forward to reading more...

a reply to: ACPSuperfly

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Welcome! Not boring at all. You sound like our kinda a people LOL.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hi ACPSuperfly, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Using the new features and and functions of ATS.5/3

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS ACPSuperfly! Glad you're aboard.

You came to the right place there's sure a lot going on in the world to discuss at the moment.

See you on the boards.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Warm Welcome to the ATS Family. Here's your welcome cookies...enjoy...

I look forward to meeting you in the forums.

Des

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Welcome to ATS!! You've got a smart coworker

See you around!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Thanks Everyone, especially Destinyone for the cookies. I would like to take a minute and reply to a few of you

gwynnhwyfar and bobs_uruncle, thanks for not not being bored.

Sauron thanks for the info!

Jennyfrenzy yeah he knows a thing or two. I'm sure we will have a lot to talk about today.

Bassago and everyone else, I'll be throwing my opinions out there soon enough.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Welcome.
Have a great time and enjoy the boards.

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Welcome. It is good to see somebody mention earth ships. My dad and I have been hybridizing his conventional home for the last 2 or so years.

If you even have a bit of space to call your own, make little projects for your patio or back yard ornamentation with functionality.

For instance, the first project we ever did was build a cob rocket mass heater for the greenhouse. It kept the plants warm, burned garbage with minimal smoke, and ran the perculater for those morning cups of coffee.

Good luck, and don't wait around to start cobbing. If you aren't satisfied with your project, turn it back to mud and start anew.

Boba

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hey Superfly and welcome to ATS!
I think you'll find it quite entertaining here.
Everything under the sun is discussed, debated, debunked and disseminated by some very interesting characters for sure.
As you're a Star Trek fan, you may find this topic interesting -It was a great read for sure and I see that I have some catching up to do as it's still growing.
USAF Commercial Mentions Starships

edit on 15-8-2014 by sageturkey because: Add

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
If you cant find what you're looking for here, it doesn't exist!

Welcome to the fun!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Very nice intro !

Welcome to ATS, Superfly !!

Have fun & enjoy !!!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS!

posted on Aug, 15 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thanks again everyone!

Boba, I'm happy to know that someone else knows what one is! I figured someone on here would

I don't have a lot of space as I'm currently renting my friend's basement. I have been thinking about a way to make a small aquaponics system off of one of my larger windows, with maybe a solar unit for heating during the winter.

I look forward to more conversations like this!

a reply to: Bobaganoosh

posted on Aug, 16 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Superfly - I think you can reply on other threads to reach your 20 post minimum, so please don't feel like you have to wait for replies here...

To my understanding, the restriction is only that a new member can not create your own new topic thread, outside your introductory thread, until you hit the goal, but you can jump in and participate on other threads...

If I am wrong a Mod or another member will no doubt correct me.

join