It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists Discover Prehistoric Monument Similar to Stonehenge in Kent!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wow what a discovery!

s30.postimg.org...

SWAT Archaeology made the discovery while making a preparatory dig ahead of a planned housing development at Iwade Meadows, in Sittingbourne.

They have discovered evidence of two monuments dating back about 6,000 years to the Neolithic period and are being excavated and recorded before building the houses.

The largest monument is 30 metres in diameter and is formed of a pair of ring ditches.

dating back about 6,000 years

Link with Video -

www.canterburytimes.co.uk...
edit on 13-8-2014 by JamesTB because: bad links

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Awesome!!! I hope they discover more about the Druids.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
good find
it is pretty normal to drive roads through these ancient monuments but find a little frog or flower that is protected and everything stops

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

Just in time for the show Outlander on Starz.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

That's awesome, but there's no way that people made them, and certainly not without any sort of advanced technology to cut, move and erect the stones. There's just no way that this is possible without some sort of lost technology.
The most amazing part of this story is that Kent is a long way from Stonehenge...oh hang on, there's no way that simple Neolithic people could have dug those ditches with stone tools, to such high precision, no way at all! They were in the Stone Age for goodness sake. All they knew was "Ug" and "Doh"
I don't believe it's thirty metres. They didn't even have metres back then!

Am I doing it right?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: douglas5
good find
it is pretty normal to drive roads through these ancient monuments but find a little frog or flower that is protected and everything stops

No, it isn't normal at all. If anything of archaeological interest is found, they must stop and allow archaeologists in to do what they do.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Very cool! S&F

I wish someone would find something like that around here... I'd be right in there

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

That's awesome, but there's no way that people made them, and certainly not without any sort of advanced technology to cut, move and erect the stones. There's just no way that this is possible without some sort of lost technology.
The most amazing part of this story is that Kent is a long way from Stonehenge...oh hang on, there's no way that simple Neolithic people could have dug those ditches with stone tools, to such high precision, no way at all! They were in the Stone Age for goodness sake. All they knew was "Ug" and "Doh"
I don't believe it's thirty metres. They didn't even have metres back then!

Am I doing it right?

You left out mention that this is proof of the lost global civilization and that history is not what we have been taught and the mainstream has been hiding this from us !

lol

Actually an interesting find it would seem that every tom, dick and harry clan in what would become England had their own 'henge.
edit on 14/8/14 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

good find

No, it isn't normal at all. If anything of archaeological interest is found, they must stop and allow archaeologists in to do what they do.

seek and you will find

www.google.co.uk... page 2
edit on 14/8/2014 by douglas5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Dammit, now that the dastardly NWO Archies have got their hands on this we'll never find the power tools that the makers of this monument left behind as they will have sold them down the local car-boot sale to pay for their flared dungarees, PLO scarves and Real Ales.

The Fiends!

Sorry James, that was for old time's sake

But nice find and thanks for sharing - it's been found as part of a housing development in a purdy pretty part of England and the dig is nearly over... i assume they will just archive the records and finds and get on with the building soon enough but wouldn't it enrich the lives of the locals if they could just change plans a little, put some upright stones where they may have been in times past and turn it into a groovy park?

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
Dammit, now that the dastardly NWO Archies have got their hands on this we'll never find the power tools that the makers of this monument left behind as they will have sold them down the local car-boot sale to pay for their flared dungarees, PLO scarves and Real Ales.

The Fiends!

Sorry James, that was for old time's sake

But nice find and thanks for sharing - it's been found as part of a housing development in a purdy pretty part of England and the dig is nearly over... i assume they will just archive the records and finds and get on with the building soon enough but wouldn't it enrich the lives of the locals if they could just change plans a little, put some upright stones where they may have been in times past and turn it into a groovy park?

Town hall planners being what they are, money says it all......

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Its a damn good thing my public schooling was free because I would demand a refund! Everything i ever learned in school was wrong and if I never bothered to relearn half this crap I'd be such an ignorant soul.

So a group of islanders isolated from the world didn't waste all their trees and suffer from deforestation & depopulation. They were in fact connected with those around them. Every answer I got wrong in school needs to be re looked at and a new GPA is in order.
edit on 14-8-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Its a damn good thing my public schooling was free because I would demand a refund! Everything i ever learned in school was wrong and if I never bothered to relearn half this crap I'd be such an ignorant soul.

So a group of islanders isolated from the world didn't waste all their trees and suffer from deforestation & depopulation. They were in fact connected with those around them. Every answer I got wrong in school needs to be re looked at and a new GPA is in order.

you summed that up quite well...the only disagreement i could have is that you would have wanted a refund if you had paid i think you should be paid for time wasted

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

A spokesperson from Persimmon Homes, which is planning to develop the site, was unavailable for comment.

Seething in an office somewhere, lol!
Great find though, hopefully some artifacts will be uncovered too and give us some more information on the structures.
S&F

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

Yeah, it is actually interesting. I'm just cynical and tired of this guy claiming that it wasn't possible for people to have made various structures, when patently, it is!

Colour me facetious.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   

good find

I would add to your comment that Persimmon are a York based construction company, and as such are fully used to being held up by archeological work! My only concern being that they were hit very hard post 2008 financial crisis so may rush this work through. Not something they have previous for but given the circumstances for themselves.......fingers crossed they don't.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Hanslune

I think most, if not all, tribes did have their own henge. I also think there must be something buried near to London as it was a convergence point for several tribes (and therefore sacred to all).

Finding evidence in the South East would be tricky i imagine though, as various invaders quite happily ploughed through the area. Following several rebellions, i cannot imagine that the Romans (for example) left much standing - especially when you consider that the hill forts were systematically destroyed in rebellious areas.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   

good find

seek and you will find

www.google.co.uk... page 2

Ok, that first link is about damage to Offers Dyke which would appear to have been accidental - a bulldozer clearing scrub land. The article also points out it is a criminal offence:

to damage Offa's Dyke under the Ancient Monuments and Archaeological Areas Act 1979. Anyone who is found to have damaged the 8th century monument can face a £5,000 fine or a six month jail sentence.

Not sure what point it is you think you're making.

The other links on the page are a bit random and, once again, I have to ask what it is you think you're proving. Yes, roads get built, but if anything is found in the process, it mus be investigated. As pointed out above, there is a law protecting anything designated as an "ancient monument", so nothing is allowed to be built on it.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate

Well that is the annoying thing about science it keeps updating, finding new stuff, adding footnotes and expanding our basis of knowledge. For amusement consider what your G-G-G-G-G-G grand father would have learned in 1814 to what we know today, just 200 hundred years later. He would not have known of Sumer, Minoans, that Troy had been located, the Khymer, Meroe, Harrapa, the full extent of Maya, Tolmecs, etc. Your G-G-G-G-G-G grand daughter will know about cultures X and Y, the people who built GT and a full range of other things we cannot even imagine now.

top topics

join