It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SOCO Magazine Publishes Chemtrail Article: Causes Uproar and Major Troll Activity...Going Viral

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
"

We have always invited debate and discussion of ideas and even if controversial--we aren't afraid to lead. Too often the media is playing to a political party or an ideological base and edit the news and opinions.
(Quote from SOCO Magazine Editors)

Fact: SOCO is a regional magazine covering Southern Massachusetts and Rhode Island. It has an established readership and is not typically prone to controversial or conspiratorial topics. The publishing of this article took some bravado on their part, as it did not involve a regional topic or event, but rather a world-wide "conspiracy theory." It did little to refute the chemtrail claims and its intent seemed to be spreading awareness rather than encouraging debate.

Fact: The article delves into the idea of chemtrails, citing the claims of certain groups who believe chemtrails were devised to control population, are being used for nefarious reasons, and also cites the claims of whistleblowers.

Fact: Their FB page (in two different posts) is being inundated with known trolls. These trolls have alerted authorities about the article's picture (wasn't properly licensed?) and have generally derailed the topic by insulting posters.

Fact: Many geoengineering groups have come out in support of the SOCO article and have praised their bravado on social media. Just Google SOCO CHEMTRAILS if you want to see the praise and the backlash. It's really going viral--and by both sides.

Here is a quote from one of their naysayers: (thespaceport.us)

The magazine has very much shot itself in the foot, because it seems their article was very poorly researched and they have simply fallen for the claims of the chemtrail / geoengineering hoaxers and simply parroted them hook, line and sinker. Amongst other things, one of the photos they used in their article is a copyright photo at Airliners.net of the interior of an aircraft prepared for a flight test,

Here is the URL to the article. The format it is published in doesn't allow me to quote the article, unfortunately. The article appears on page 28.

URL: issuu.com...

Here is SOCO's FB page where you can view the major troll activity. Some of those posting, apparently, are known to be paid shills.
www.facebook.com...

I think chemtrails deserve research and serious consideration. Some good commenters on the SOCO FB page, including a pilot with some interesting thoughts.

If you're interested in chemtrails, it might be worth getting involved in the debate.

edit on 13-8-2014 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

I think chemtrails deserve research and serious consideration. Some good commenters on the SOCO FB page, including a pilot with some interesting thoughts.

So first I have to ask why you think they deserve research and need consideration?

What makes you think chemtrails are real, and have you ever checked into them, because here is a few good places to start.

contrailscience.com...

And if you notice there is a site that many post on that page called geoengineeringwatch.org, well you may want to look at this debate with Mr. Wigington the owner of that site. Btw it is with one of our own Mick West.

www.metabunk.org...

You may also want to take a look at this thread that is full of good info concerning so called chemtrails.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this..

www.metabunk.org...

I will leave you with that for now...

If you're interested in chemtrails, it might be worth getting involved in the debate.

The problem is this debate has been going on since they were supposedly first spotted in the 90's and guess what there still isn't any evidence to prove they exist.

Sorry, but chemtrails are a hoax started by Will Thomas, and picked up by those who like to take gullible peoples money.
edit on 13-8-2014 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Thank you dear friend, for the links. But yes, I have been aware of chemtrails for many, many years now. I've been alive a long time.

The significance of my post, by the way, was not to debate chemtrails (which many intelligent and concerned citizens seem to have an issue with), but to merely point out the unusual advent of a mainstream magazine reporting on a "conspiracy theory" and the backlash that comes with doing such a thing. I suppose my intent was lost on you and for that I apologize.

I'll leave the debate for another post. This is more a commentary on social media and the times we live in.

But thank you, once again, for your kind consideration in leaving me the links. A bit condescending, perhaps, but I'll thank you anyway.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Major Troll Activity...Going Viral

Now when you say major troll activity could you please explain in better detail who you consider the trolls?

Are they the ones who are saying chemtrails exist, or are they the ones denying chemtrails?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Thank you dear friend, for the links. But yes, I have been aware of chemtrails for many, many years now. I've been alive a long time.

So have I and many others and I have yet to see a chemtrail, so I am interested in how you know they exist?

And before you answer that, just know there has never been a chemtrail pusher that has ever taken the time to actually test for them so how does one know they exist?

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The only thing I can attest too, is that "contrails" never lingered when I was a kid, I'm now 58.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'll recap the original intent of my post, since you don't seem to understand.

The significance of my post, by the way, was not to debate chemtrails (which many intelligent and concerned citizens seem to have an issue with), but to merely point out the unusual advent of a mainstream magazine reporting on a "conspiracy theory" and the backlash that comes with doing such a thing. I suppose my intent was lost on you and for that I apologize.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

This is not the first time mainstream media has had articles that discuss chemtrails, but in the end they see the truth.

Here is a little video that will put things into perspective.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I can't tell you how many times people here post something at least fairly interesting about something that is going on today (lots of people are talking about this, not just me) only to have it be derailed by the first reply.

So, the original intent of my post has been sort of blown away here and will probably go nowhere.

Thanks!

I remember when ATS was a place of curious people who liked to debate things and not declare a subject "over" or "dead" because that's what they believe.

This is essentially what you're doing here---deciding for the rest of humanity that because you've made up your mind about something the case is closed.

I'm a journalist---and have been one for a long time. No, this case isn't closed. Not for a lot of people, anyway.

In the interest of not playing God here, I suggest you let the debate go on and let people decide for themselves what is true in this world and what is not.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I remember when ATS was a place of curious people who liked to debate things and not declare a subject "over" or "dead" because that's what they believe.

As I actually know little about chem-trails was hoping to see people weighing in on this. I'll remain watchful though as the sociology of denial and FB / web site trolling interests me.

Maybe the clue to some of the initial posts you received are due to this:

But to answer the question...it has to do with ICP

ICP = Insane Clown Posse

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I can't tell you how many times people here post something at least fairly interesting about something that is going on today (lots of people are talking about this, not just me) only to have it be derailed by the first reply.

Derailed...this is a thread discussing chemtrails and I posted info that is relevant to the topic so how do you come to the point I derailed your thread?

Or is this a thread where only those who think they exist are supposed to reply?

I'm a journalist---and have been one for a long time. No, this case isn't closed. Not for a lot of people, anyway.

So you have researched this and have found some evidence that they exist, because you will be the first to do so.

I never said it was over, but until someone can go up and test one and can conclusively show they exist there is no evidence they exist. Your a journalist so you should understand that evidence goes a long way.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

And because the world isn't insane enough...we have now... an insane clown posse?

Sorry, I didn't know what it was either so I Googled it and that was the big one it came up with.

Still hoping we get some folks in here that can address the issue. I don't use FB at all but I can imagine the special interest groups doing their best to slam the SOCO story. We have them here too and in the 9/11 forum.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I didn't mean to be snarky there, I guess I was just confused about the clown thing.

What seriously concerns me----as a writer, a traveler--and someone in my fifth decade of life---is that anyone would scoff at others concerns about the current state of our world.

Anyone who is aware knows that all is not right with the world. And most of us who are conscious of this can agree that a good amount of this negative discourse we live in has been manufactured.

And we've been lied to, we've been deceived, and we've been, essentially, killed off in the name of profit, power and a whole list of other things.

Given this, how could you blame anyone for questioning anything that seems untoward, suspicious or concerning? Do you have a set of guidelines to alert people of which vulgarities that exist in the world are merely a hoax or a conspiracy theory and which ones are valid to pursue?

Because there's a lot more at stake than being made sport of here at ATS. The health, the future and longevity of our families are what's at risk and most people want to make an informed decision that answers their concerns.

BIg pharma,GMO's, obesity, the main stream media, the alien question----and the list goes on---these questionable topics effect our lives and our thinking.

Man has been asleep for far too long. Applaud the questions, my friend. Applaud the questions.

The fact that they are being asked is progress.

Trust me on that one.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I read the article.

originally posted by: MRuss
The publishing of this article took some bravado on their part

If by bravado you mean ignorance...I agree.

It did little to refute the chemtrail claims and its intent seemed to be spreading awareness rather than encouraging debate.

If by awareness you mean B.S....I agree.

The fact is that this "journalist" has done little to no real research and is more intent on publishing and perpetuating unsubstantiated claims.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Given this, how could you blame anyone for questioning anything that seems untoward, suspicious or concerning? Do you have a set of guidelines to alert people of which vulgarities that exist in the world are merely a hoax or a conspiracy theory and which ones are valid to pursue?

No but exceptional claims need exceptional evidence...and as for chemtrails there is none.

Again nobody has ever been up to test those white lines called contrails for chemtrails and do you know why?

Here let me give you a hint...It will bring their money train to a screeching halt. If chemtrails are suspicious and so many people are afraid of them why hasn't a research team been put together and used the DLR Falcon 20 to test for them.

And in case you don't know about the Falcon 20 here you go.

www.dlr.de...

The fact that they are being asked is progress.

This debate has been going on for almost 2 decades and guess what...absolutely no evidence has been produced to show chemtrails exist, so how is there progress?

The progress you talk about is just the rehashing of old debunked evidence and the fact that some of those poster are bringing HAARP into the mix only proves my point.

Also you may want to do some research into the site that seems to be big with the chemtrail crowd geoengineering.org, and being a journalist that shouldn't be hard to do.

And if I am sounding snarky, I don't mean to it's just that the chemtrail debate hasn't progressed it has just become new to people that haven't actually done any real research into it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join