It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO sighting as a kid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
When I was 10 or 11 my family went to this very secluded camp far far from any lights. It was a very clear night and I had been watching the stars all night for shooting stars. I saw about 10 of them over the course of an hour or so. I was walking through a huge field going toward where my dad was with some friends.

I wasn't really looking up at this point, because it was pretty dark, I was looking forward towards the campfires where my dad was. Then a very bright object caught my eye. I stopped in my tracks, and gazed at what looked to me like a golden baton spinning through the air. You know those relay race batons. It was like a golden colored "cylinder" rotating very fast to make a circle. Like a propellor makes a circle while it spins. So I could see it as a circle, but could make out the rotation of the cylinder/rectangle of light. It was much bigger than shooting stars, maybe 10-20 times the diameter of a star. It also lasted way longer than a shooting star, but it appeared and disappeared like a shooting star does.

I was not into aliens at all, was never even a thought. I told my dad and he just was like "thats cool" and continued with his conversation. I still don't "believe" there are aliens out there, really I'm agnostic on it. Just wondering if anyone else had seen something like this. Maybe there is an explanation.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: zardust

Did you see this thread?

Something similar?

Here is what one user posted:

WonOunce
That looks very similar to something I saw when I was about 10 or 11. Flashing lights going around in a circle. Blue, red, green, white, and then as quickly and as quietly as it came it was gone. Awesome find!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've had several UFO sightings. The only one I've ever seen in the daytime was large cylindrical object. It was a dull aluminum color and had bright white lights pointed downward at each end. There was a row of what appeared round portholes down the side. It was just hovering a few hundred feet off the ground. I didn't observe the spinning motion you described.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: lemmin

No I hadn't, but that picture doesn't look like what I saw. Not sure if that poster was saying he saw the same, or something different. I didn't see any other lights. all I saw was the spinning baton.

What I saw would be like if you were looking head on a propeller while spinning, the propeller being like a glowing baton, that view from straight on shot across the sky, stayed a perfect circle the whole time.

new topics

top topics

join