It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas reportedly executing tunnel diggers to keep locations secret

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: cody599
a reply to: sosobad

Depends on the launch angle ..............................as stated

Believe what you wish

Yeah I fully understand why you leaving, it is because you are being proved wrong.

I just have better things to do here. with interesting people

Cody

Don't waste your time.

There is more than enough evidence to justify the fact that Hamas has launched a wide array of missiles with varying capabilities that have penetrated Israeli airspace all over the country.

If someone wants to question the validity of a photo regarding one errant missile that landed in a field, so be it. It's irrelevant to the larger issue at hand regarding Israel's security, which is constantly in danger of being breached along the Gaza border.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Humanity4Ever

First of all he posted this picture with an emotional story as a rocket that landed in a field that his son was working in on another thread. He said hamas nearly killed his son, turned out the picture was posted online over 2 weeks before the story occurred as a joke and then he used it to solicit an emotional response out of posters again on this thread. So as long as it is pro-Israeli, lying is ok with you?

edit on 13-8-2014 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Humanity4Ever

Depends on the launch angle ..............................as stated

Believe what you wish

Yeah I fully understand why you leaving, it is because you are being proved wrong.

Cody

Don't waste your time.

There is more than enough evidence to justify the fact that Hamas has launched a wide array of missiles with varying capabilities that have penetrated Israeli airspace all over the country.

If someone wants to question the validity of a photo regarding one errant missile that landed in a field, so be it. It's irrelevant to the larger issue at hand regarding Israel's security, which is constantly in danger of being breached along the Gaza border.

I've stopped wasting my time

I have 9 years of being here to back me up, and I have a personal stalker finally.
I can't believe it took so long LOL

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: cody599

I've stopped wasting my time

You stopped because you were proved wrong, disprove anything I put up, please.

I have 9 years of being here to back me up, and I have a personal stalker finally.

You resort to insults because you can't refute what was put up with "basic physics". You tried to talk down to another poster (you still with me?) and got schooled yourself. Now you speak to another poster in a derogatory way about me because you have no comeback argument.

On top of lying you are insulting, you are a man of many "talents", master of none.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

First of all he posted this picture with an emotional story as a rocket that landed in a field that his son was working in on another thread. He said hamas nearly killed his son, turned out the picture was posted online over 2 weeks before the story occurred as a joke and then he used it to solicit an emotional response out of posters again on this thread. So as long as it is pro-Israeli, lying is ok with you?

The Zionist's have got them hook line and sinker... I wouldn't worry about it. They wouldn't see Zionist's destroying there own country if it was right before there eyes.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

He posted a pic that was forwarded to him. That doesn't make him a liar.

And really, do you need further evidence to substantiate the fact that Hamas has fired thousands of missiles at Israeli civilians, including his family?

Does it really matter when that particular missile was fired?

If it was your family that was constantly under the threat of missile attacks, would you care when the pic was posted? Would you give a crap about eliciting an emotional response from anonymous posters in a forum?

The bottom line is that if it wasn't for Iron Dome, thousands of Israeli civilians would be dead by now. That, and the fact that Israel has built sufficient bomb shelters for their civilian population are the only reasons for the disparity in casualties as a result of this conflict.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

If I may ?

To use your advice to me ? Don't waste your time. And my thanks for your honesty

There's fun to had on ATS as well

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

He posted a pic that was forwarded to him. That doesn't make him a liar.

Adding a story that it almost killed his son when it didn't even land near his son does, trying to sway people with false stories is knowingly spreading propaganda and now he is just left with resorting to insults.

As I said earlier there is so much violence happening over there, it doesn't need false stories to help it along.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I stand by my reputation

And my posts.

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I stand by my reputation

And my posts.

Cody

Your posts have been proven false, so you stand by them??? Doesn't say much for the reputation.......

Eta Very ego driven statement seeing as this is an anonymous board and you don't know everyone, hence you don't know peoples opinions of you.

Just another cop out.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Yep I stand by them

You've proven nothing

The rep ? Write a thread and ask

Cody

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

a reply to: cody599

How would they achieve their distance when shot straight up? Unless they where fired in the same field cody, basic physics. You wanted to use them, now they are being used.

A parabolic path is the path followed by a projectile; that is, an object that is only acted on by gravity. The projectile has an initial velocity, either horizontal or upward at an angle. If it were to start out going straight up, it would go straight down, too, so that wouldn't be much of a parabola; it would be squished into a straight line. It would be the same way if it started out going straight down, or if we simply dropped it, so we'll really be looking at the parabolic paths followed by projectiles with some initial velocity.

education-portal.com...

Read the link because you badly in need of education on the subject.

To spread more disingenuous pics?

A makeshift rocket like that is not burning fuel all the way to the point of impact, only to the highest point of its travel. It is not a cruise missile.

Your cutesy little lawn dart debunk was an epic FAIL. lol

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

That is a qassam 1 rocket with a range of 5km and that is being generous.

I am very curious on something after doing the thread I did on the Hamas rockets, their sizes and their capabilities.

How did you come to the conclusion that was a Qassam-1 Rocket? The Q-1 is 60mm in diameter. I checked out of curiosity, and the short edge of my credit card here is wider that the 60mm of the Q-1 rocket. (60mm = 2.36 Inches)

Does that rocket look just a hair over 2 inches in diameter? I'm guessing it's closer to the Qassam-2 at 150mm and an equivalent of 5.9 inches. I could still be estimating a bit low, since there isn't anything of an absolute known size within the photo for comparison. Your certainty to use it as a point to disprove another suggests you did more than take a guess tho?

After all, a 1 vs. a 2 makes the difference of 1lb of nose weight vs. over 10lbs to make it nose heavy. A considerable factor in descent angle and ability for a dud or misfire to penetrate upon hitting a field.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

A makeshift rocket like that is not burning fuel all the way to the point of impact, only to the highest point of its travel. It is not a cruise missile.

Your cutesy little lawn dart debunk was an epic FAIL. lol

What? So when it runs out of propellant it just stops dead and falls vertically out of the sky?? Lol indeed....

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

You shoot something at an angle, no matter if it runs out of fuel or not it stays on its trajectory. It does not stop and fall dead out of the sky. An absolute massive fail on the basics of physics on this thread.

www.mpoweruk.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The propellant burns for around 1 second, powering the rocket upwards, at an angle, so that after the burn ceases the rocket follows a parabolic path under the influence of gravity, to hit the ground a predictable distance from its launch point. ( assuming a roughly standard energy input from the propellant slug and a repeatable launch angle)
It does not fall straight down

It will after air resistance turns the horizontal velocity to zero. Nothing travels perfect parabola except in a vacuum. But I appreciate your condescending attempt to "educate" all of us.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wrabbit2000

That is a qassam 1 rocket with a range of 5km and that is being generous.

I am very curious on something after doing the thread I did on the Hamas rockets, their sizes and their capabilities.

How did you come to the conclusion that was a Qassam-1 Rocket? The Q-1 is 60mm in diameter. I checked out of curiosity, and the short edge of my credit card here is wider that the 60mm of the Q-1 rocket. (60mm = 2.36 Inches)

Does that rocket look just a hair over 2 inches in diameter? I'm guessing it's closer to the Qassam-2 at 150mm and an equivalent of 5.9 inches. I could still be estimating a bit low, since there isn't anything of an absolute known size within the photo for comparison. Your certainty to use it as a point to disprove another suggests you did more than take a guess tho?

After all, a 1 vs. a 2 makes the difference of 1lb of nose weight vs. over 10lbs to make it nose heavy. A considerable factor in descent angle and ability for a dud or misfire to penetrate upon hitting a field.

I didn't see your thread on the rockets but I was was basing it on the specifications on here on the right hand side

en.wikipedia.org...

Even if it was a qassam 2 rocket it fails to account for 15km of missing distance from the story.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

You shoot something at an angle, no matter if it runs out of fuel or not it stays on its trajectory. It does not stop and fall dead out of the sky. An absolute massive fail on the basics of physics on this thread.

Yes, yes there is. I don't know why you're spreading such information, either. There are so many aerodynamicists on this site; it's amazing!!

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
For reference... Rockets of Hamas. I tried to be as balanced as possible while showing the realistic capabilities of the rockets and larger rocket artillery.

As far as distance. Cody is 100% correct in saying that these are fired blind on a compass bearing and guidance comes in the form of fuel loaded for burn distance ...then hope it works out how the math on paper says it's supposed to. Sometimes it does...most of the time, it doesn't seem to.

However, to be real for an example. If you wanted to go cheap and harass? You might fire a bunch of Q-1's with their puny little half kilogram of explosive. If you wanted a bit more? The Qassams aren't required to run out at their rated range. They just can't really be fueled beyond it. They are perfectly able to fuel it light to previous known distances and make the Qassam 2 for a 4 kilometer drop instead of it's outer range of 6-9 kilometers (or 8-10, depending on Source for the tech spec sheets.

There is another factor here, and I thought about this after I posted my question. I have to note that, or it might look like I set you up...which I absolutely did not. The Qassam 1 rocket is 80cm long or 31 inches. Under 3 feet.. We can see there, part of that is already buried and what is exposed..by my eyeball guessing..is more than the 31 inches an entire Q-1 is built to. The Q-2 is 180cm or about 70 inches. Just over 5 feet.

I go with the Q-2 for my money on what we know of book stats on the weapons vs. what is visible there, making it 10+ lbs of warhead in the nose with an empty body after fuel burned off.

posted on Aug, 13 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobadRead the link because you badly in need of education on the subject.

Okay, just one more thing. I'm sorry, because I feel like this is detracting from the thread, but this is what is wrong with so much on this site.
A bunch of people whose education consists of a quick wikipedia or google search then become self-proclaimed experts with the temerity to "educate" the rest of us. Where do you all get this kind of hubris?

Can we now return to the subject of the (alleged) executions of palestinian tunnel-builders?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join