It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Insane video -There are still up to 40 000 Yazidis surrounded in the mountains

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Hello guys, despite the welcome bombings by the U.S and the aid drops, and the temporary recapture by kurdish forces of two villages, people are stupidly thinking `well the tide is changing its all good now`.

Do you realise theres still 40 000 Yazidis on a mountain surrounded by isis fighters below who want to exterminate them all?

This video was recorded a few hours ago of a helicopter fighting its way through isis to get to them, this is like something out of a movie

its not graphic dont worry

you must see this

edition.cnn.com...

Whats going on, is beyond insane
edit on 11-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dinogirl

The reality of this situation is really heartbreaking. If only those people would stand as one and fight off ISIS. This just makes my decision to do what Im doing with my life easier. I want to help people ike this. 40,000 is pretty much the town I grew up in...So crazy.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

The reality of this situation is really heartbreaking. If only those people would stand as one and fight off ISIS. This just makes my decision to do what Im doing with my life easier. I want to help people ike this. 40,000 is pretty much the town I grew up in...So crazy.

Hello friend, sadly these people have been on the run for 1 or 2 weeks, most of that time without food or water
They have no energy left at all, many have died already

they were told to `convert to islam` or `be beheaded`. No third option
Witnesses say that as they fled, the isis randomly sprayed bullets at them.

This mountain of refuge is allegedly the mountain that noah`s ark came to rest on (allegedly), if it is, its a coincidence no?

Anyway, thousands of yazeedes have been left behind with up to 500 confirmed dead so far, many whom were buried alive, and this isnt `hear say` these are eye witness testimonies given, with graphic photos to back it up, which i will not link nor do i wish anybody to link
edit on 11-8-2014 by dinogirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Im not a very religious man, however I do understand the sentiment and importance to some, that being said all of us on the outside should pray for rain for them and demand swift action against this cancer oppressing them.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Yes, we're all very aware, well those of us who follow what's doing in the Middle East, Iraq as of late.

It's because of this potential genocide that the US is sending humanitarian relief in the form of food, water, and airstrikes while also rearming the Kurdish forces.

That and the danger ISIS, or as they now want to be called, IS, poses to US consulates and military personal near by. This is just the beginning for IS because now that the US has joined the fight they will try to reciprocate by attacking said embassies, consulates and anything related to the United States.

The war with IS has begun. F*** them.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I saw that CNN report live a while ago. The reporter you are hearing in the video was interviewed by the CNN anchor. The reporter on the helicopter was asked to relate more details about the rescue. He said one boy on the chopper related that he had to survive on one cookie for 3 days on top of that mountain. He also had some water to sustain him during those days.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Well that is so sad...I know people will come swoop in and try and tell me otherwise, but why cant America help? We give so much aid when disasters strike other countries. and we cant get a few Chinooks out there to help bring people off that mountain? Were sending rockets for help. Why not help for help..

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
They have nothing to fight with..

For the first time In my life I wish I had the skills that would allow me to help the Kurdish people, I have never understood the people that rushed off to the far corners of the world but this entire situation offends me to the core.

I have nothing but respect to the Helicopter crews making these flights... and the Kurdish warriors that out gunned charged ahead to rescue as many as they could... My prayers for what they are worth are given to those still in hiding... and those trying to help them.

Thisbeth, the choppers that make it in and out do so while exchanging fire with ground troops, and Chinooks are not something you want flying into a fire storm.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

With a nice battalion of Apaches and Little birds, Im sure we can get those Chinooks in

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Thisbseth

Yup... and for 17 years I have never complained about being on fixed wing Acft... right now I dearly wish I was rotar trained.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dinogirl

Do you realise theres still 40 000 Yazidis on a mountain surrounded by isis fighters below who want to exterminate them all?

Not quite.

The Kurds rescued some 20,000 Yazidis around 24 hours ago.

Granted, there are still many thousands on the mountain, it is not quite near the 40,000 mark. Here's hoping the Kurds can do a round 2, and go back and rescue the remaining people:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
This would never happen if these people were armed!!!!!!!! These poor people have no means to protect themselves, their loved ones and neighborhoods. Bad guys always win when the population cant fight back! This will never happen in America while im alive...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
why not drop them Guns...???
They seem to have the higher ground.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

guns wont do alot for them if they do not have the energy to fight, furthermore I would be willing to bet most of them people up there are not trained with weapons much less militry tactics, they would more then likely become a danger to themselves if every man woman and child up there were dropped a gun. I dont think they need guns, they need american spec op forward observation teams, air support and lots of aerial/ naval ordinance along with fleets of rotary wing to start shuttling these folks to safer locations.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thisbseth

Well that is so sad...I know people will come swoop in and try and tell me otherwise, but why cant America help? We give so much aid when disasters strike other countries. and we cant get a few Chinooks out there to help bring people off that mountain? Were sending rockets for help. Why not help for help..

rpg's man and artillery shells chinooks would probable get shot down easy big slow moving targets
edit on 11-8-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Horrible, seeing that young girls face really makes it that much worse...all this under the guise of religion...we do such a nice job of exploiting everything that could be good...

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Brotherman
I might even have a go myself...it's about time we all bought a ticket and defended these people if we feel so strongly about their plight.

I'm in...anyone else?? C'mon you gun totting Yanky doodle Dandies.. never mind our Governments, we never needed them against fascism in Spain in the 30's,,,why wait.

PM Me...i have the Money and the skills man to pop a cap in yer ass at 500 yards.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
What, none of you pro gun types wanna have a pop at them pesky evil Muslims...C'mon, we here your BS day in day out...here is your chance to wipe the floor with them....answers on a postage stamp please...???

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Never said I wanted to carry a rifle into battle... I have been shot at it sucks.

I am an acft mechanic by trade, I don't know helicopter maintenance or I would be on the way.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Never said I wanted to carry a rifle into battle... I have been shot at it sucks.

I am an acft mechanic by trade, I don't know helicopter maintenance or I would be on the way.

Neither did the the Volunteers in spain...No Pasaran.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join