It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lorde's Love Club and the divergent brazen ones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The blood of our mother is on my bones. How could her love possibly choke you out? Wrap yourselves in the music of Emma Goulding, Of Monster's and Men, Chvrches, and many other brave artists who channel the spirit of a new age.

We burning ones will find a way to shatter this reality yet, reforming it after our image in our likeness. Bring on the worst you can do. Fear can awaken the sleeping masses to extradimensional realities. Do you remember what it was like during the last plague? The peasants left their farms and bliss poured out into the streets. You lost all control. What do you think will happen when the remaining few are rocketed into a fifth dimension of existence? The dawn is coming. ;p

It is time to initiate the world.
edit on 11-8-2014 by Nechash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Meh, I don't think that music is channeling anything except the other him music it's derivative of.

I'll take Television, the Voidoids, T Rex, and the like over any of those bands any day. Much more in touch with the Zietgiest of it's own time. I was potentially born a generation later than I should've been.

Also, Lorde's big hit blows my mind.. I don't know how a song with no real hook or music became such a hit.
Still, i'll give star and flag.

edit on 11-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I don't mean to nitpick, though I was always one for technicality. You mention and speak for "we" but only provide others' work. I just find this post to be inordinately uninteresting. It's best to let them wake of their own accord rather than evoke criticism of the whole based on your individual literary work. I mean honestly, you can't force them to open their eyes.

I do agree that the music is pretty good. My personal favorite of the moment is Purity Ring. Slick tunes indeed.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: mnemonicmania

The burning ones I speak of aren't the musicians I was talking about in this post. My work is different than theirs, but somedays you just feel like a small persistent voice is calling you awake, telling you that there is another angle to this universe, a problem solving methodology that would seem absurd to the productive and powerful who normally find themselves curtailing this reality.

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:30 AM
link   

You make music? I recorded in a few indie rock bands.. LETS NET COLLAB! i have a studio here.

myspace.com/thetroubleclefs and myspace.com/meandthemoon

That's from when I was younger. I do less indie pop rock now. I like the weird grungy sounds. MGMT Strokes Lou Reed.
edit on 12-8-2014 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join