It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"The Lizard", "The Goat" and "The Flower" on Curiosity images in Lake Gale.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Hey that's cool man! I love the goat statue! I also really like how you show two images with one colored and one original so people can see exactly what shape you want to point out. I have seen threads in the past where there may be many odd looking things in one picture so it might be difficult to know for sure which one you are wanting to bring our attention to. Coloring solves the confusion!

Sometimes I look at these Mars images and I wonder if NASA may use a "rock" colored tool to paint over things to make it blend into the background or change the texture to look like just another rock. We know the moon was shown to be black and white but we know it has color too!

Thanks again Arken for bringing some "curiosity" to my day!

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

His Perception, is unclouded , how about yours ??

posted on Aug, 12 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

The coloring of the rocks is, to a large extent, their covering of Martian dust. When the dust is cleaned off I've noticed that the color underneath is often a pure white. That's why if NASA or JPL would dust off a few of the better anomalies, to see if the coloring differs from their surrounding rock, they may get a better picture of what they're looking at in terms of possible candidates (those with a one-percent chance of being 'something', enough to investigate further imnho) for fossilized remains.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join