It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another time traveler video?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Don't you think she would be attracting a little more attention if she was using a cell phone in 1938? There were an awful lot of people walking around her. Nobody seemed very much in awe of what she was doing. Whatever it was, I don't think it stood out as anything out of the ordinary to everyone else.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

Looks like a flip phone type as you can see at the end where she folds it up...

It better be a time jumping satellite flip phone then or she's not going to connect to anyone.

I just love time travel stories and speculation though. One day we may actually find one of these time travelers. Of course one their friends will probably just jump to an earlier time and preempt the exposure. which may be why we haven't caught one of them yet.

edit on 877pm4646pm32014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: robwerden
Yup show me a cell phone tower in 1938?????

edit on 10-8-2014 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Could be an Alien

On a serious note...probably a hearing aid

More in the link. They look just like cell phones

Hearing Aid History

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Watchfull
Ok Mr Spock, have the landing party fit in exactly to the area, and time of the event, but make sure that O'hara is holding one of those ancient cell phones, the ones from the very early 21st century, that you had to hold to your ear, and speak into.

Get real people.

Hahaha yes lol

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: johngrissom

Hmmm ye someone suggested that in the Charlie chaplin clip

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
As strange as it may be, if you just watch her, she is just yakking away to somebody,

BUT not the people she is walking with, hmmm.

Although I am not a big supporter of time travel, Unless this is a movie set then I have no explanation either,

What I don't see is her scratching her face..
edit on 10-8-2014 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
OK. Use the Star Trek part of your brain.

On a few episodes of any of the Star Trek series. The crew will travel back in time or to a planet where cell phone technology does not exist. The crew communicates using devices that look very much like cell phones. I'm sure we as humans 300 years from now, will not be using the same cell phone technology that we use today. Heck, we no longer use the same technology we used 10 years ago to watch TV.

That woman on her cell could be talking to the captain of a starship hovering miles above her floating in space.

Just saying.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What's that noise ?
Screeching noise ?

My bs detector gonna explode !

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: robwerden
The lack of Satellites and cell phone towers make this even more improbable.

Unless in the future there's a communication method which doesn't require satellites and cell towers...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: johngrissom
Could be an Alien

On a serious note...probably a hearing aid

More in the link. They look just like cell phones

Hearing Aid History

Hearing aids are for listening to...and usually intently, not for talking to.
There were experiments with wireless tech back then, even earlier, but it was limited. Then after that came war, and the last thing expected was to be blathering on a wireless phone.

Here's a 1926, (around the same time the newsfilm was made, that appeared to have a TT in it, about a new Chaplin film premiere) satirical cartoon about wireless phones, made by artist, Karl Arnold.

And,
In 1907, the English caricaturist Lewis Baumer published a cartoon in Punch magazine entitled "Predictions for 1907" in which he showed a man and a woman in London's Hyde Park each separately engaged in gambling and dating on wireless telephony equipment, (that sounds familiar!)
and what about this,

"The portrayal of a utopia of mobile phone in literature dates back to the year 1931. It is found in Erich Kästner's children's book The 35th of May, or Conrad's Ride to the South Seas:

A gentleman who rode along the sidewalk in front of them, suddenly stepped off the conveyor belt, pulled a phone from his coat pocket, spoke a number into it and shouted: "Gertrude, listen, I'll be an hour late for lunch because I want to go to the laboratory. Goodbye, sweetheart!" Then he put his pocket phone away again, stepped back on the conveyor belt, started reading a book...”
(Erich Kästner).
So much of the tech was understood, just that the infrastructure was limited and the tech for that.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-8-2014 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
She was talking to the lady's she was walking with. She had on a nice dress that was in style back then. And she smiled at the camera holding her purse like a mischievous shy glamour shot.. Which I thought she was sexy as hell and would have made her one of my wives...

Why is the camera their thought

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead
I think it just looks like she was scratching her cheekbone...

I love seeing old movies like these, though. Watching them is about as close to time travel as I know how to get.

I agree. I once found some old postcard photographs of our home village that had pictures of the adults and children from over a hundred years ago. All the shops and buildings were the same, but the people were long gone. The only changes were that trees had grown taller. It was almost like something out of the Martian Chronicles, and we wondered if any of them had lived in our house.

There was some discussion over this video. There was some research going on with voice radio communication, where employees were asked to walk around and see if the radio handsets would work. so it could be possible that the woman had a radio.

Here's how one German artist thought we would be communicating in the 1930's:

seedifferentlythinkdifferently.files.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: robwerden

Quantum physics requires no satellites or towers. Just say'n

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Neither does geometry

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: EzekielsWheel

The same dailymail which was pushing ten times of propaganda agaisnt Assad.

Examples.
Assad deploys the barrel bomb and the ballot box: Smiling tyrant and his British-born wife cast vote in sham election as another child falls victim to his forces

Sickening Instagram account showcases Mrs Assad's fantasy world 'of tending to her people' as, in reality, nation disintegrates

The Syrian Presidency's Instagram account churns out tasteless photo ops featuring first lady Asma al Assad

I am sure the British Crown Family doesn't do the same Right?

The propaganda images attempt to portray a very different Syria to the grim reality faced by the country's people

A reality which America/NATO Arab Regime state allies created.

Just some among of the many examples.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter
I think you are in the wrong thread...

Do you have an opinion on this video though?

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 01:43 AM
link   
My girl noticed that she seems to be scratching her face. I'd have to agree. You can see her fingers moving in all the shots. Holding a clutch and scratching her face is my bet.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: robwerden
The lack of Satellites and cell phone towers make this even more improbable.

shhhhhh!
The phones still work by keeping a lock through the hole which they came.

I've seen it. It is bizarre.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
She is just itching her left cheek. =)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join