It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Ki-Moon Worked with Israel to Undermine UN Report of Israeli war crimes in 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
WikiLeaks has released a document revealing Ban Ki-Moon's involvement in the undermining of a UN report on Israeli war crimes.

While Ban Ki-Moon was unable to directly alter the UN reports, he was pressured by the US to make clear in a cover letter to the UN security council, that the enclosed recommendations of actions were not needed. Ban Ki-Moon complied, and ended up working with Israel to construct an effective cover letter, in order to dissuade the security council from proceeding with specific steps:

1. (C) Ambassador Rice spoke with Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon three times on May 4 to discuss concerns over the Board of Inquiry's report on incidents at UN sites in December 2008 and January 2009. Rice called the Secretary-General to register concern about the scope of the report. She cited in particular recommendations 10 and 11, saying it set a bad precedent if the report of a Board of Inquiry expands beyond its terms of reference. Given that those recommendations were outside the scope of the Board's terms of reference, she asked that those two recommendations not be included in the summary of the report that would be transmitted to the membership. The Secretary-General said he was constrained in what he could do since the Board of Inquiry is independent; it was their report and recommendations and he could not alter them, he said.

2. (C) Ambassador Rice urged the Secretary-General to make clear in his cover letter when he transmits the summary to the Security Council that those recommendations exceeded the scope of the terms of reference and no further action is needed. The Secretary-General said his staff was working with an Israeli delegation on the text of the cover letter. Ambassador Rice asked the Secretary-General to be back in touch with her before the letter and summary are released to the Council.

3. (C) Ambassador Rice spoke with the Secretary-General two additional times. In the second conversation, she underscored the importance of having a strong cover letter that made clear that no further action was needed and would close out this issue. Secretary-General Ban called her after the letter had been finalized to report that he believed they had arrived at a satisfactory cover letter. Rice thanked the Secretary-General for his exceptional efforts on such a sensitive issue. Rice

www.telesurtv.net...

WikiLeaks' twitter account:

twitter.com...

As far as i am concerned, the UN should act completely independent of any matters. And that is impossible if their very own secretary general is involved in undermining UN reports. He should be forced to resign from his position, especially considering he cannot be trusted to oversee the upcoming UN reports on Israeli war crimes.
edit on 9-8-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

oh, why all the hate for Israel? lol, jokes(just a ref to previous threads that ask the question as if they are just defending themselves),these genocidal maniacs pull every string to make sure their treachery goes under the radar, yet they are still hated the world over, and who's Israel's number one lap dog? good 'ol USA, and in fact anyone the Zionists can buy off who worships money, so that pretty much covers most humans on earth and almost definitely 99.9% of politicians.

Israel is a disease and America and co are the incubators

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
As far as i am concerned, the UN should act completely independent of any matters.

Like allowing Hamas terrorists to store their weapons in at least 3 UN schools?

especially considering he cannot be trusted to oversee the upcoming UN reports on Israeli war crimes.

You mean the Hamas terrorist war crimes - oh, no, you only want to blame Israel!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: daaskapital
As far as i am concerned, the UN should act completely independent of any matters.

Like allowing Hamas terrorists to store their weapons in at least 3 UN schools?

especially considering he cannot be trusted to oversee the upcoming UN reports on Israeli war crimes.

You mean the Hamas terrorist war crimes - oh, no, you only want to blame Israel!

Lol Hamas Terrorists storing weapons in schools? That's Israeli Propaganda to justify their murder of Kids.

Israeli War Crimes go as far back as 1947 towards the Palestinians. And each time the good ole UN has covered them up. Now we have Netanyahell pleading for the US to cover up their most recent atrocities.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There will be not too long before Zionism and Israel's cover blow and the world realizes the real lizard who is been hiding behind the sheep's skin...Then they simply shed their tails and skin,let people conquer it and while busy celebrating the victory they will safely and slickly move on to another tree under the shade and start again with a different color and shape.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   
You know i almost had a little chuckle when i read this and then i thought, I wonder who was paying who off while the genocide in Rwanda was being committed!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: PLAYERONE01
You know i almost had a little chuckle when i read this and then i thought, I wonder who was paying who off while the genocide in Rwanda was being committed!

What I'd like to know, is who on earth ... is selling weapons systems, to these populations. Nuclear weapons to Israel? That isn't just a disaster that is "waiting" to happen ... it's a disaster, that is "bound" to happen.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hilux1996
Lol Hamas Terrorists storing weapons in schools? That's Israeli Propaganda to justify their murder of Kids.

You are in so much denial....

GAZA CITY — The United Nations has acknowledged that its facilities in the Gaza Strip were storing Palestinian missiles and rockets. The UN Relief and Works Agency has reported at least two incidents in which its schools were used for the storage of rockets amid the war with Israel. In both cases, the UN refused to confiscate the rockets and instead asked Hamas to retrieve the weapons. Still from IDF YouTube video Still from IDF YouTube video “UNRWA strongly and unequivocally condemns the group or groups responsible for this flagrant violation of the inviolability of its premises under international law,” UNRWA said. On July 22, the UN said it found rockets concealed in one of its vacant schools in the Gaza Strip. The UN did not say how many rockets were found or what was done with them. “Today, in the course of the regular inspection of its premises, UNRWA discovered rockets hidden in a vacant school in the Gaza Strip,” the agency said. “As soon as the rockets were discovered, UNRWA staff were withdrawn from the premises, and so we are unable to confirm the precise number of rockets.” Western diplomats, however, said the UN returned as many as 20 rockets to Hamas. Canada has called for an investigation of the UN action.

www.worldtribune.com...
and
www.unrwa.org...

One wonders why you want to protect the Hamas terrorists so much!

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

I'm not protecting Hamas Terrorists. Why should I protect Israel's Terror group Hamas?

I am siding with the Palestinians because they are the ones being slaughtered in another Israeli organized Holocaust.

And by the way, UNRWA? Biased much? The UN has been covering up Israel's War Crimes and Atrocities since 1947. What makes the UN a credible source if it covets for Terrorists?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
So it was all an act when he started crying war crimes against Israel. Then, LOW AND BEHOLD!!! They will say Israel committed no war crimes and walk away. Makes sense. Bombing little kids on a beach isn't going to go away no matter who the Zionists pay off. Neither will any of the many other war crimes, murder of innocent men, women and children. The world has awakened and is watching. Their all seeing eye means nothing now.

new topics

top topics

join