It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse’s Trial: In His Own Words

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I'm conflicted on this one. As a pro wrestler and veteran myself, I respect the hell out of Mr. Ventura. But it just felt a but wrong to continue the whole thing after his death. I get that legal fees needed to be paid, but clearing his name? Was his pride so hurt that he had to sue? The allegations that the story hurt his image seems a bit, well, ridiculous. He's Jesse "The Body" Ventura! Former Navy SEAL! Former Governor of Minnesota! Just seems a bit childish. Oh well, it's done. No need to dwell on it.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID
Governor - thank you for taking the time to give us your side of the story.
Libel (or defamation of character) can be a death sentence in today's society...for you &/or your family.
I (a company I was part owner in) lost a lucrative contract on just such a basis.
I chose not to pursue legal recourse, at the time - and have second-guessed myself on many an occasion, since.

Best Regards

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All I see is a white Square

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Taggart
All I see is a white Square

Thats all I ever see of the vids he posts, but I'm kinda glad really

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Hello and regardless of anything I applaud you for your service to this country and being outspoken on certain subjects.

In addition , you being a former Navy Seal I do find it unlikely that you would bad mouth any enlisted service man or former navy seal. Even despite you rightly focusing the blame on our top elected officials for ruining this country or at least making it not reach its potential.

With that said perhaps you can clarify or set the record straight in regards to the following:

From your testimony it appears to indicate that you felt that Kyle was responsible for your decline in your career and cancellation of your show.

Ventura, who entered politics after a career as a professional wrestler, said in testimony on Monday his career was thriving until the book's publication but afterward work started to dry up.

news.msn.com...

however, during one of your interviews online you appear to indicate or hint towards getting to close to the truth and [THEY/b] got scared so they tried to interfere with the success of the show.

www.theatlantic.com...

"It's clear they're doing everything they can to make it a failure so they don't have to renew it," Ventura said when he appeared on The Alex Jones Show's Infowars

They've chosen not to air it. TruTV, the network did. Who influenced truTV to do that, I do not know."

Ventura thinks it's more than that. He likened it to MSNBC's cancellation of Donahue in 2003. (Phil Donahue insinuated that his anti-war stance was responsible for his firing. An NBC Executive told The New York Times that the show's cost and disappointing ratings were to blame.)

I can't watch the video now , but if you cleared your name will you be donating the money after legal fees?
edit on 04831America/ChicagoFri, 08 Aug 2014 19:04:28 -0500up3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Ventura is a hypocrite.
Says he is an American but lives in Mexico. Says is not about the money but makes millions a year of exploiting conspiracies and stuff like this trial. is sympathetic to dictators, as he was with Chavez in Venezuela. AND anyone who was or is famous wrestler is deep into making the PTB happy and working for them.

Why people do not see this when is so clear is beyond me.

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmology
Ventura is a hypocrite.
Says he is an American but lives in Mexico. Says is not about the money but makes millions a year of exploiting conspiracies and stuff like this trial. is sympathetic to dictators, as he was with Chavez in Venezuela. AND anyone who was or is famous wrestler is deep into making the PTB happy and working for them.

Why people do not see this when is so clear is beyond me.

One of the biggest things I dislike in the conspiracy sect is people who bag any one for making a decent living.

Come on, in history the single biggest factor in any revolution in regard to the elite always getting away with the money if they aren't public figure heads boils down to the extremely poor going after the poor bucker next to them they "perceive" as rich...

In today's world those people are multi Billionaires, a guy with some Millions is some guy who worked and succeeded despite the odds and those are always the guys dragged out of their houses...

Wrestlers are deep in with TPTB?????

Really?

God help any guy that bothered to work hard to be a doctor or Lawyer on your block if the SHTF

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with making money. And I know the wrestling circle very well, so I know what I am taking about.
My problem lies in his hypocritical point of view.
Is he not supposed to be fighting for America? So why does he lives overseas? Why is he friendly with dictators and people like Oliver Stone? He is calling many un-American and corrupt, but what is he doing to make it better? A TV show? For God's sake ...

posted on Aug, 9 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This is a very sad case, indeed. What struck me as important is the fact Kyle had the chance to simply apologize and be on his way......but he didn't. Unless a man has an ego to protect, that would have been the way to go.

Since Kyle chose not to do so and insisted on trumpeting his killing record all over the MSM, I'd say there was something wrong with him altogether.

RIP Kyle. Thanks for your service to our country, but you have disgraced those that have served by being an arrogant jackass and have left your family with a shameful burden to bear.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
The lawsuit was filed almost one year before Kyle was killed.
Jesse is on blood thinners and has been for many years. He is a big bleeder and does not even use a razor to shave.

Pictures of the night in question show no black eyes or even the days that followed even though the book said he had...

The sale of the book made 60 million dollars. The Widow of Kyle got 6 million. Kyle's estate will pay nothing from the judgment.. The insurance carrier for the publisher will have to cough up the money.

A court of law heard the case (defamation cases are very hard to prove much less win) and a judgment was rendered in Jesse's favor. I have no mixed feelings about the judgment and as Ventura has said he knew he would be exonerated in a court of law due to the preponderance of the evidence and lies in the book that had been put forth as fact.

Jesse has a home in Minnesota and a winter place in Mexico. He pays taxes on his home in Minn. Anyone who has spent a winter in Minnesota could only wish for a winter home in Mexico..

Those who want him to give the money away why don't you give yours away. He lost income potential and his name was sullied to the point he knows he can not even think about a run for political office again because the lies and doubts will never go away.. To many weak minded people who will listen to MSM and run with the MSM B.S.

I would like to play Golf with Jesse (never have) but I doubt he would cheat.... also Jesse if you read this, bring money for I will kick your golfing butt! hahahahahah

Has anyone else ever noticed how someone who points out the propaganda of our institutions or MSM is immediately attacked and everything but the kitchen sink is thrown at them especially if they are a possible political threat to the two party system.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Those who want him to give the money away why don't you give yours away. He lost income potential and his name was sullied to the point he knows he can not even think about a run for political office again because the lies and doubts will never go away.. To many weak minded people who will listen to MSM and run with the MSM B.S.

He's the one that said it wasn't about the money, I'm merely making a suggestion as to what he could do with it, why do you and others have such a problem with that?

And if you think the book is the reason stopping him from running for political office, you're kidding yourself.

edit on 10-8-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cosmology
And I know the wrestling circle very well, so I know what I am taking about.

OK, I'll rise to the challenge. Did you work in the business? Who do you know? How long have you been around it all?

I'm a wrestler. I wanna know what you know because apparently I'm missing something here.

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Why is this on ATS?

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
We need more voices like Ventura's. We need him to run for the Oval Office, shake things up a bit. I don't think anyone can ever accuse JV of being a "Washington Insider."

I'm pleased with the verdict. For his detractors who can't get past the "suing the man's wife" thing, Mrs. Kyle became the legal representative of the estate that was continuing to publish and profit by the book - not to mention, she did a fair amount of public appearances continuing to disseminate the tall tale originated by Chris Kyle.

Personally those email conversations taking place between Chris Kyle and the book's publisher, where they were writing and rewriting different versions of the bar fight for the book should make them as culpable as the estate of Kyle. Especially the emails where the publisher noted that book sales went up after Kyle pushed the tale on various talk shows/radio appearance, and told him to do it more.

Unfortunately the aftermath of the lawsuit is a damaged rep for JV, and Kyle's exposure as a chronic fibber (aside from the JV bar fight yarn, Kyle also claimed to have shot dead two carjackers outside Cleburne, Texas, which the local PD deny ever happened, and he claimed Blackwater snipers shot dead 30 people outside the Superdome during Hurricane Katrina).

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: RedBeardRay
I think the saddest part of this whole thing is that people keep saying the Governor was suing Kyles wife, which is not true when you look into it. He was suing the estate. People will just continue spouting everything they hear, never doing research for their own.

I am a vet and I'm on your side Gov.

The estate is his wife and family he is dead. As soon as he was gone Jessie should have dropped the case it would have been the honorable thing to do. But he kept it going and lost my respect. Kyle was not a good person and I believe a liar. But I do not place his wife and family in the same boat as him.

Maybe Jessie should take a step back and stop listening to money grubbing lawyers and let this go. I have to wonder if this lawsuit will do more harm long term as people tend not to trust people willing to sue widows.
edit on 10-8-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth
Just a question:
If someone were to steal land (or intellectual property, or some other such valuables) from you...by fraud...and you had the wherewithal & opportunity to get it back, legally...would you stop the legal action because that someone passed away (even though the fraudulently gained property passed to the defrauder's successors & heirs...by Law)?
What was stolen, in this scenario, was also stolen from your heirs and successors...

...just wondering...

ETA: While you purport that "people tend not to trust those who sue widows"...reading and studying probates, almost daily, I find that "suing an estate" for outstanding debts against said estate/s...is almost as common as death itself.

edit on 8/10/2014 by WanDash because: eta to respond to eta

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cosmology

Mexico is overseas?

Why should the guys family profit from his fraud? I know he was a right wing darling, but for real this fraud has been proven in a court of law, what did the guy do to the man that murdered him?
edit on 10-8-2014 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
This is a smear campaign against Jesse. He has the fans and the clout. If he had information to share, he could get out to a lot of people. In a nut shell, he is influential.

There is nothing out of order with Jesse''s award other than it should have been bigger. His reputation and support from the Marines is a pillar of his success. Since we are even discussing this, it shows that there has been damage to a pillar of Jesse's success. I think that is worth more than 1.8. Trouble is, the bigger the award, the more damage the haters can do with it. This really sucks.

I wish there was something I could do but, you have my support Jesse, even though you kinda pissed me off as kid in 'Running Man'. I'm over it now.
edit on 10-8-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WanDash
Just a question:
If someone were to steal land (or intellectual property, or some other such valuables) from you...by fraud...and you had the wherewithal & opportunity to get it back, legally...would you stop the legal action because that someone passed away (even though the fraudulently gained property passed to the defrauder's successors & heirs...by Law)?
What was stolen, in this scenario, was also stolen from your heirs and successors...

...just wondering...

ETA: While you purport that "people tend not to trust those who sue widows"...reading and studying probates, almost daily, I find that "suing an estate" for outstanding debts against said estate/s...is almost as common as death itself.

Do not get me wrong I believe Jessie's version of the story over the lair Kyle. That being said he should just drop this case. He is a wealthy man and going after the widow is wrong. You are right it happens everyday but that does not make it right.

I think this whole thing is stupid. It is hard to take the high road while suing a widow. It is what it is.

posted on Aug, 11 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the reply, SubTruth
I cannot speak to what wealth Mr. Ventura or the deceased, had...
It is purported that the deceased made quite a bit from/on the book that allegedly acquired some of its value, at Mr. Ventura's expense.
If, though, we eliminate the tangential matters of 'who had more money to begin with', and address the actual facts of the case --- one Family gained ill-gotten (again - purportedly) profits at the expense of another Family.
Should the 'cheated' family simply 'let it go'...since they already had wealth?

That might be the way some want the system to work...
On the other hand - it is my understanding that Mr. Ventura was not suing the widow (or heirs)...except in what capacity/capacities she/they might benefit from the Estate &/or the book (*except in community property States*).

If I had $5 Million ... And you had $5 Million ... And I stole $1 Million from you...
Now, I have $6 Million... You have $4 Million...
If I die while you are attempting to get the $1 Million (&/or any other damages/costs) back...should you simply discontinue your effort/s at resolving the matter...just because "my widow" is the beneficiary of my Last Will & Testament (and, in my state, would own 1/2 of all the profit from the Million I took from you, even before benefiting through the probate of my estate)?

If so...then, good luck to you.
I have no problem with whatever you answer to that...

edit on 8/11/2014 by WanDash because: clarity

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join