It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas GOP official: Americans have a ‘duty’ to offend Muslims — ‘especially with a .45′

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
If ISIS came here they would get their butts kicked in nothing flat.
The Iraqi "army" dropped their weapons, covered or stripped off their uniforms, and ran like little girls.

Try that snip on your average Hell's Angel, Crip, redneck, cop, or Texan.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
a reply to: olaru12

Offending Muslims with Guns? What's that going to do? The Muslims will just wait for ISIS to arrive and then they will get their revenge.

Just thought you should know your true face is showing.
edit on 7-8-2014 by abe froman because: Boy did you ever back the wrong horse.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Try that snip on your average Hell's Angel, Crip, redneck, cop, or Texan.

Or just the average gun toting individual with the "wish a mother # would" mentality.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
More Muslim haters. I think the US government is full of them - reference Michelle Bauchman. Remember when a bunch of them were singing the song in the spirit of Beach Boys tune, Barbara Ann as "Bomb Iran"??? Lunatics. Hate-filled lunatics.

This is pretty much calling on people to commit violence against Muslims with a gun. Has he been arrested yet?

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Fylgje
Sometime's it's not your race, color, or religion. Sometimes it's just because your an a$$#01*.
This guy and every member of ISIS have something in common...

That being said, I could see the point of,say, drawing pictures of Mohammed everywhere to make the point that your freedom (of religion) is not allowed in anyway to infringe on mine.

Offend Muslims with crayons not guns.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Don't you love it when we show just how good we Americans are at thking the moral high ground.

Its talk like this that shows the rest of the world what we are really like.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: teamcommander

I think all of us understand its not everyone.

When someone says something like this, the whole "hey just go out and kill any Muslim you happen upon", it's a bit hurtful, especially when this is your country too - and you want to feel safe here. This kind of thing makes you feel less safe in a country you were born and raised, but, aside from the occasional idiot... the ones who were born and raised here know its not that bad, nor is it everyone's mentality.

I do think occasionally people should be reminded, ISIS is killing us, and no one else, overseas. It is our lives in danger...

They gave them the choice to repent, so some shia went and "repented" and they were all found dead within a few hours of this... It is Muslims who are dying, and it matters not what we do. They don't care about western anything... they want to kill Muslims.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

It is not ISIL I am speaking of.
It is the other 6.5 billion who actually might be listening to such people.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

It's so damn sad, what they have done

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

I think all of us understand its not everyone.

When someone says something like this, the whole "hey just go out and kill any Muslim you happen upon", it's a bit hurtful, especially when this is your country too - and you want to feel safe here. This kind of thing makes you feel less safe in a country you were born and raised, but, aside from the occasional idiot... the ones who were born and raised here know its not that bad, nor is it everyone's mentality.

I do think occasionally people should be reminded, ISIS is killing us, and no one else, overseas. It is our lives in danger...

They gave them the choice to repent, so some shia went and "repented" and they were all found dead within a few hours of this... It is Muslims who are dying, and it matters not what we do. They don't care about western anything... they want to kill Muslims.

I think the point is that the right-wing never stands up to the extremists in the party and call them out for their flawed thinking. If you stand with them, yet don't call them to task on their flaws, then you are just as culpable as they are in their rhetoric...something John Boner has yet to do...nor anyone of substance in the leadership of the conservative branch. The division between the 2 parties is driven by the lack of separation from the extremists.

Words and actions matter....Where are the dissenting voices?

P.S. Where are you? When you say "us" are you referring to Americans? So far as I know, ISIS has not killed a single American...hopefully you are from a coalition country.
edit on 7-8-2014 by LeatherNLace because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

I don't think this can be blamed on the party, and I hate to see this become political rhetoric anymore than it is. Someone says something ignorant, people start pointing fingers etc. trying to tow party lines.

It's ridiculous, besides, both parties are in this together anyway.

The things said by one idiot are the responsibility of said idiot, and no one else. I don't think the republican party needs to make this into some political statement, either for or against.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

From the OPs link -

“Sometimes you overreact,” Ellzey explained. “I’m not trying to offend anybody. I sure wouldn’t shoot anybody. I don’t even own a gun.”

He said something exceptionally stupid about bringing violence upon innocent people and then he advertised that he is defenseless. Nominee for the Darwin award.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman

That being said, I could see the point of,say, drawing pictures of Mohammed everywhere to make the point that your freedom (of religion) is not allowed in anyway to infringe on mine.

Offend Muslims with crayons not guns.

That is exactly what must be done over and over again to make certain people who get offended easily understand they are not the rulers of the world or their neighbors and to stop whining. Muslims, Jews, Russians, ISis and the list goes on.

The gun part though..he would (and should) be arrested in my civilized part of Europe.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I don't think the republican party needs to make this into some political statement, either for or against.
a reply to: OpinionatedB

Yet they do...why? I'm all for a mishmash of political ideology; yet, it is the right-wing who appears to be obstructionists. Why is that out of 435 members of the HoR they seem to be divided, with absolute certainty, along party lines?...on occasion, the left sides with the majority of the right...but the right never (even on occasion) sides with the majority of the left? It is a clearly defined "partisan congress". Blinders on/or off..this is an apparent truth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I don't see how any rational human being could write something like that and be okay with it. Even his own party thinks he's stupid. The best part is is when he said he wasn't trying to offend anyone.

originally posted by: neo96
Apparently the only 'religious' people in this country that are 'allowed' to be offended are Christians!

Anyone else ?

Not so much.
Yes, those poor persecuted American Christians.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
www.rawstory.com...

The Kansas Republican Party is distancing itself from its Kansas Republican 3rd Congressional District Committee vice chairman after he tweeted that Americans had a “duty” to use firearms to “offend” Muslims.

Gavin Ellzey admitted to the Kansas City Star that he had tweeted: “Offending Muslims is the duty of any civilized person. Especially with a .45.”

“Sometimes you overreact,” Ellzey explained. “I’m not trying to offend anybody. I sure wouldn’t shoot anybody. I don’t even own a gun.”

In a statement obtained by KSHB, Kansas Republican Party Executive Director Clay Barker disavowed Ellzey’s remarks.

Damn, giving more ammunition to the democrats......I'm truly sorry, my corny dna has a mind of it's own.

God I love politics!!!

The Bush coupe and his Patriot Act was enough reasoning to vote Obama, twice.
edit on 7-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

edit on 7-8-2014 by Gianfar because: grammar

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: technical difficulties
I don't see how any rational human being could write something like that and be okay with it. Even his own party thinks he's stupid. The best part is is when he said he wasn't trying to offend anyone.

originally posted by: neo96
Apparently the only 'religious' people in this country that are 'allowed' to be offended are Christians!

Anyone else ?

Not so much.
Yes, those poor persecuted American Christians.

Christians are a whole different breed of lamb.

posted on Aug, 8 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: DarknStormy

Not in this Country. ISIS in America would get slaughtered like a colony of ants against a can of hair spray and a lighter.

*not that I've ever done that...

Yeah, your right... Just don't give up those guns like us idiotic Aussies did

edit on 8-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join