It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kansas GOP official: Americans have a ‘duty’ to offend Muslims — ‘especially with a .45′

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

The Kansas Republican Party is distancing itself from its Kansas Republican 3rd Congressional District Committee vice chairman after he tweeted that Americans had a “duty” to use firearms to “offend” Muslims.

Gavin Ellzey admitted to the Kansas City Star that he had tweeted: “Offending Muslims is the duty of any civilized person. Especially with a .45.”

“Sometimes you overreact,” Ellzey explained. “I’m not trying to offend anybody. I sure wouldn’t shoot anybody. I don’t even own a gun.”

In a statement obtained by KSHB, Kansas Republican Party Executive Director Clay Barker disavowed Ellzey’s remarks.

Damn, giving more ammunition to the democrats......I'm truly sorry, my corny dna has a mind of it's own.

God I love politics!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Offending Muslims with Guns? What's that going to do? The Muslims will just wait for ISIS to arrive and then they will get their revenge.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I wonder if AIPAC owns this one???
I wonder if he has dual citizenship as well.
No matter, he sounds like a Zionist.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Not in this Country. ISIS in America would get slaughtered like a colony of ants against a can of hair spray and a lighter.

*not that I've ever done that...

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Muslims are already offended - they don't need help from this imbecile Ellzey. (Although they got some from him now.)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Not in this Country. ISIS in America would get slaughtered like a colony of ants against a can of hair spray and a lighter.

You damned right...

I'd welcome it for a chance to kill those barbaric little man boys.

EDIT: Thanks stirling you made me blush.
edit on 8/7/2014 by TiedDestructor because: response to stirling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a YEP....YOULL BE A BIG SLAYER OF THEM IM SURE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT....YOU PEACE LOVING INDIVIDUAL.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Apparently the only 'religious' people in this country that are 'allowed' to be offended are Christians!

Anyone else ?

Not so much.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Wouldn't bet on it.

Considering a group of people in this country don't like guns, and their right to self defense.

Government is suppose to save us from all the 'baddies'.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
a YEP....YOULL BE A BIG SLAYER OF THEM IM SURE.....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT....YOU PEACE LOVING INDIVIDUAL.

Well the fact that I own a gun store ensures I'll have plenty of volunteers.

You can come down to GA too.

Now Rambo is steering back on topic.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
How offensive....a Republican who doesn't own a gun...wonder if his neighbors will put a sign in their yard letting everyone know his home is gun free.

Seriously, sounds like his comments are going to cost him politically...and rightfully so.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Hmmm. Your God is all powerful yet you need to fight the battles. Take as long as you need to think about that one.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Wow, I didn't think people actually used Twitter.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LeatherNLace

Nailed that one. Guns are the obsession of the angry WASP caucus. I saw an actual campaign sign for one of these wing nuts. First name Larry and the letter "L" was an S&W 45. That's really all he needed.

Let that embryo live so I can shoot it down myself. It would be a great joke if it wasn't so pathetic.
edit on 7-8-2014 by InverseLookingGlass because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Yeah I can imagine his fellow Republicans are distancing themselves from this moron. This bit was particularly hilarious:

“Sometimes you overreact,” Ellzey explained. “I’m not trying to offend anybody. I sure wouldn’t shoot anybody. I don’t even own a gun.

So he wouldn't shoot anybody and he doesn't own a gun but he takes to twitter to encourage other people, who own guns, to do so? Yeah, everyone's a badass on the Internet. It's pretty obvious he was playing to the frothy-mouthed segment of the far right, his tweet has all of the classic elements:

- Expresses his disdain for Muslims

- Mentions "offending" (because you know, if you're not a registered Republican, you're easily and unjustly offended by everything, right?)

- References guns

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

originally posted by: stirling

Well the fact that I own a gun store ensures I'll have plenty of volunteers.

You can come down to GA too.

Now Rambo is steering back on topic.

Rambo Jesus will get you back on topic!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeatherNLace
How offensive....a Republican who doesn't own a gun...wonder if his neighbors will put a sign in their yard letting everyone know his home is gun free.

Seriously, sounds like his comments are going to cost him politically...and rightfully so.

I don't think it will cost him any votes. The RightWing, conservative, Christian voter base is solid and they really like the "tough guy" image.

The question is....do they have enough constituents to win any elections. I would imagine though that this type of rhetoric might prompt enough moderates to get up off their butts and vote for a moderate other than someone that just likes to run his mouth.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: g146541

Scary times for sure.

Which politician isnt owned by AIPAC?

Though if he is a Zionist or Jewish, its that much more ironic.

One would think that a holocaust type event would teach people to be more accepting and loving of others as opposed to "rounding people up" into a group...

He went on to say that he doesnt even own a gun. What the hell kind of "American" lives in Kansas and doesnt own a gun?

edit on 7-8-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Women in skirts offend Muslims so why should I care?

(post by TiedDestructor removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join