It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Double Digit Numbers Everywhere.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I know it isn't the kind of answer you're looking for. Let's see how many times a day these numbers appear on the clock:
1:11 2:22 3:33 4:44 5:55 10:10 11:11 12:12 13:13 14:14 15:15 16:16 17:17 18:18 19:19 20:20 21:21 22:22 23:23 24:24
20 times per day. No wonder you might see them frequently. Let me know if I've made a mistake.

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman
I know it isn't the kind of answer you're looking for. Let's see how many times a day these numbers appear on the clock:
1:11 2:22 3:33 4:44 5:55 10:10 11:11 12:12 13:13 14:14 15:15 16:16 17:17 18:18 19:19 20:20 21:21 22:22 23:23 24:24
20 times per day. No wonder you might see them frequently. Let me know if I've made a mistake.

Totally get where you are coming from. I can only speak for myself regarding this, but it is not so much how often corresponding digits occur, but how frequently the same sequence of numbers will appear to our eyes. As I said in my last post, I am more than willing to accept that my subconscious mind has developed a, shall we say, trained eye to pick out these numbers or look at the time, just when it occurs. I remember I had a dream where the number 11:11 kept flashing all around, and then when I woke up, without even thinking I looked at the clock, 11:11pm. Could be just ... nothing. But it DOES make you wonder! I am not surprised people are baffled by these experiences, or other types of experiences with synchronicity. In the end, everything is perceived through the mind, linked to the body, therefore yes, techniqually meaning and perception is all just, "in our heads." But people still ask the question, is there something more to this?

posted on Sep, 29 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   
It could be confirmation bias but it could also be something else. Yes the are 20 possible repeating number times on a clock. Out of 1440 possible times- so if your chance of checking the clock was equal every minute of the day (though it's probably not) you should only see repeating numbers 1 out of 77 times or roughly 1.3 percent of the time- meaning you probably wouldn't see it at all unless you spend too much of your life waiting for something to happen (there's one positive message you could give her I suppose- maybe not the right one).

I used to have a job that involved keeping track of times, addresses, odometer readings, and various serial numbers as a security patrolman, and although I've never really studied numerology I quickly became convinced there was meaning in numbers.

I noticed that the momentum of a day would shift if my odometer rolled over - a good day could go to hell or a bad day could get easy like clockwork if I got to the next 100 mile mark.
Similar incidents would occur at similar or identical addresses on different streets, especially addresses that ended in palindromes within the same shift. I actually predicted a couple of alarm calls based on this and started jokingly telling coworkers "I know magic".
Mostly though I just smile at synchronicity and assume that the universe is just giving me some kind of a wink and a nod to know that it's not all chaos.

posted on Oct, 1 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: MoonMystic

I like your rationale about the subconscious being somewhat selective in directing our attention to the special numbers. It is not too far from my own theory.

The difference between our theories is that I am suggesting that the subconscious creates the event (even if out of sequence or totally improbable). You, on the other hand, seem to be suggesting that things are moving normally but your subsconscious is drawing attention the specific "special" numbers just as they appear in their normal sequential movement.

My theory is based on the principle that there is no sequence or time. If I see a recurring number, it is simply because I am creating it subconsciously. Similarly, there is no space. While I am looking in front of me , at that chair, nothing actually exist behind me. It is only when I turn around that the remaining contents of the room materialises according to my expectation. Our whole material world is based on the joint expectations; that is, where sufficient number of people (us but not as we know it) expect props to be in a certain location around us. These props (roads, Buildings, etc) are now so solidly built by the expectations of millions over a large period of time that we would have difficulty walking through them.

Sorry for going too deep on this but we a are in the Philosophy and Metaphisics forum after all.

posted on Feb, 11 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tearman

Hola. Durante más de 16 años me pasa esto de ver doble dígitos es todas partes. Incluso me despierto en la madrugada y veo la hora... 03:03...04:04...05:05...etc.. Incluso preguntando la hora a otras personas siempre es doble dígito... Cuando pasa siento un enorme deseo de ver la hora... Un impulso que incluso es capaz de despertarme a media noche.

No se lo que es. Pero cuándo se se lo cuento a otras personas ellas también comienzan a ver doble dígito

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join