It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.Ron.Hubbard

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I know Gaz, you were one who actually stood up for the AWSOME fiction...I guess the others havnt developed a taste for humor mixed with intrigue.

posted on May, 29 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I do think the book Battlefield Earth sucks but thats because L.Ron is a #e writer. The story that he has come up with is a pretty darn good thing but like Gaz says its really not the whole thing and does n`t do justice to the ideal of the whole story

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
his writing is a little tedious....but I still enjoyed reading the book (which is about 3 times as long as a typical novel if I remember right)....

Luckily, I read the book before ever seeing the movie, and I certainly didn't picture Travolta as Targ...
I pictured Ving Rhames...

posted on May, 30 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think thats a little unfair, advisor. It may have something to do with the fact that some of us just don't like his monotonous writing style or his real world cult-leader mentality.

posted on Jun, 3 2003 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Before his "Dianetics" daze, L.Ron stayed in the BayArea most summers, writing his fictional books while staying with friends in Marin County. He spent many nights with a local legend, writer Herb Cain at the many wateringholes in San Francisco.

Herb told the story of an evening when L.Ron had put down 5 or 6 gin'n'tonics and was telling everyone who would listen, what a great writer he was. Herb said he would just laugh and toss back another martini.

Near last call L.Ron was trying to impress a few ladies at the bar and made the statement that he could write a bible of his own and start his own religion, just for the tax breaks! Herb told him he should do that, and within a year "Dianetics" was published and 18 months later the church of scientology was established.

L. Ron Hubbard, the P.T. Barnum of our era. Yes PT, you were correct, there is a sucker born every minute!!

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Does anyone think that L. Ron Hubbard being a Freemason has to do with anything?

ONE

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   
L Ron Hubbard founded scientology, thats why his name is always mentioned in cinjunction with it. hes thier guru.

That said, scientology is some wicked #, and L Ron Hubbard was a cokehead who formed the religion on a drunken bet.

Scientolgy uses some rather interesting tactics to recruit members. They gives out personality tests, like go door to door. U take the test, they call u and tell you come wuick with your results. You go to a scientologist church, and some councilor sits and talks to you for hours about how u could be happier, healthier, ect. feeding u the spiel. Then they have u watch a bunch of films on scientology and such. they try to get you to buy #loads of books and tapes. Wicked.

It happened to me, and the councilor who talked to me was scary. I mean, really scary. Basically, scientology is a big book selling scam, a religious amazon.com, if u will. They literally will hold u down and bug the hell out of you and attempt to keep you from leaving the room and such, and thier films and intos they show u are so freakishly cult like.

Avoid it at all costs, kiddies, there aint nuthin there u need.

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
They're on almost every street corner downtown...(own about half of it too) One of the Scientology capitals...

It's definitely a cult, by every definition of the word....

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I repeat: Does anyone think that L. Ron Hubbard being a Freemason has to do with anything?

ONE

posted on Jun, 13 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I never heard of Hubbard being a Freemason. I haven't heard of any Freemasons who are Scientologists.

Another creative-perplexed personality who found an outlet in Freemasonry was Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart.

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I should have looked into it more first. Could be just a rumor.

ONE

<< 1   >>

join