It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Of Thirst? Or ISIS? - Grim Choice For Displaced Iraqi Minority

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
If this group is from there then why would they be killing their own people?? It makes no sense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
My first “for the record” post last night predicted today’s events…there will be more “for the record” posts in the future…maybe

Last night post

This is another time the US government will sit idly by while genocide is going on. The US did it in Bosnia and Rwanda in the 90’s. Now ISIS is committing genocide before out eyes and Obama is dithering… He has an obligation since it was the US that destroyed the normalcy that Iraq had under Saddam.

edit on 7-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Not quite.

American Forces Said to Bomb ISIS Targets in Iraq

nytimes.com...

DOHUK, Iraq — American military forces bombed at least two targets in northern Iraq on Thursday night to rout Islamist insurgents who have trapped tens of thousands of religious minorities in Kurdish areas, Kurdish officials said. Word of the bombings, reported on Kurdish television from the city of Erbil, came as President Obama was preparing to make a statement in Washington.

Thy will be done!

I support these bombing.

posted on Aug, 14 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It saddens me that the US cancelled trying to rescue the remaining people because they had a look and saw there weren't that many left and the food and water had helped.

I'm sure they are still suffering.

The Obama administration has ruled out for now a risky US military mission to rescue thousands of Iraqis stranded on a northern Iraqi mountain, declaring a siege by Islamist extremists to be over.

After a small complement of special forces and US aid workers landed on Mount Sinjar to assess the situation of the Iraqi Yazidis – who for days have received air drops of food, water and medicine – the Pentagon said things were not as bad as initially feared. “An evacuation mission is far less likely,” said Rear Admiral John Kirby, the Pentagon press secretary, late on Wednesday.

The guardian

edit on 14-8-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join