It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Die Of Thirst? Or ISIS? - Grim Choice For Displaced Iraqi Minority

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   
40,000 Iraqis stranded on mountain as Isis jihadists threaten death

Members of minority Yazidi sect face slaughter if they go down and dehydration if they stay, while 130,000 fled to Kurdish north

Tens of thousands of members of one of Iraq's oldest minorities have been stranded on a mountain in the country's north-west, facing slaughter at the hands of jihadists surrounding them below if they flee, or death by dehydration if they stay...

...At least 500 Yazidis, including 40 children, have been killed in the past week, local officials say. Many more have received direct threats, either from the advancing militants or members of nearby Sunni communities allied with them. "They were our neighbours and now they are our killers," said Atyas.

On behalf of the Yazidi I would to thank George Bush and his administration, Congress, and all our allies who made it possible for the Iraq war to come to fruition back in 2003. The Iraqi people have been set free, some now live atop a mountain waiting to die with no hope of rescue.

Can't the western world reach that mountain top and airlift these poor souls out or at the very least air drop food and water down? Are there any plans to halt ISIS, or whatever the hell they call themselves these days, progress in Iraq and beyond? The West created this ISIS problem so whats the plan to solve it?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The powers that be that cooked up the Middle Eastern crisis don't care if they all die.

The oil will still be there.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So so so distressing. These poor people left with the bleakest of choices. The people in charge just suck!

I will never understand how you can just not care.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Their only hope is that our Humvees break down.

50/50
I say run for it.

Now that that unfunny bit of humor is out of the way:

Rich people: I recommend sending a mercenary team to extract them. No, there is no money to be made, but I feel like it is the right thing to do regardless - plus you can afford it.
Might as well do something good with those private unaccountable armies.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maluhia
So so so distressing. These poor people left with the bleakest of choices. The people in charge just suck!

I will never understand how you can just not care.

The majority of the world is in destitute poverty and oppression.

I would say the Cremation of Care (pun intended)
Is complete.

Apparently, those Yazidis should have went to college and got an education and striven to better themselves. People get what they deserve in this world right? - Sarcasm

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The worst part to me is these guys seem pretty peaceful. Out of all the conflict in the Middle East - you never hear about Yazidi extremists.

And this seems legit. I mean, considering the schemes all the main news sources have run, you have to suspect them of lying of just about everything. But it is hard to fake 40,000 people on a mountain. Anyone know the google maps coordinates?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
From my understanding, the Iraqi government has been dropping supplies, but not nearly enough to cater for all people there. I also read that the Kurdish Peshmerga are fighting their way towards the mountains, with the aid of Kurdish guerrilla forces from Syria and Turkey.

Here's hoping the Kurds are successful...because really, they are the Yazidi peoples' only hope right now...
edit on 6-8-2014 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

Thanks for the news, I didn't the Iraqi gov't was dropping supplies, and god bless those Kurds! Unfortunately the Kurds are now greatly outgunned thanks to US weapons falling into he hands of ISIS.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Insha'Allah ... it might rain.

These people hated on Western powers for providing stability in the region. Hard to name the lesser of the two evils?

We've got ringside seats to the formation of a new Caliphate. No one has seen atrocity, at scale, unless they lived through Stalin and Mao. Does anyone believe 'they' will be satisfied ruling the desert?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

These people? Who? They hated the West for bringing stability? Stability where, Iraq?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Thanks for that news. I hope and pray they are successful.

This is why I love ATS.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I’m glad for this thread.

This is another time the US government will sit idly by while genocide is going on.

The US did it in Bosnia and Rwanda in the 90’s.

Now ISIS is committing genocide before out eyes and Obama is dithering…
He has an obligation since it was the US that destroyed the normalcy that Iraq had under Saddam.

Ask this question? Why the US so ready to annihilate Syria in the phony Sarin Gas attack accusation WILL NOT ATTACK ISIS!

Has anyone in the lame, prostitute, MSM ask this question

Just a few months ago the Obama administration had resolved to wipe out the Syrian ability to wage war in their ongoing civil war with US sponsored rebels and terrorists.

According to prize winning colonist Seymour Hersh, the US and NATO, France and Brittan were fired up and ready to destroy Syria, when all of a sudden clear proof that the opponents of Assad, these “ rebels” and terrorists were most likely the ones who perpetrated the gas attack on innocent Syrian civilians, not the Assad regime war machine. The US Army and the British secret service acquired these facts and passed them on to Obama, saying any attack on Syria would be for bogus reasons.

But the puppet and vapid Barack Obama didn’t inform the US public that his heretofore accusations against Syria were bogus…no, he decided to let the congress decide in a vote whether to do the attack. Knowing full well this would let him and his lying ass administration of dimwits off the hook.

So bottom line they were going to destroy Syria with a modern powerful military establishment, but as ISIS rampages across Iraq, genociding Christians and Shiites, destroying historical relics, raping woman, and now the Yezidi sect, and generally wiping out any infrastructure the US built in their occupation in Iraq, the US, who could easily wipe out ISIS, as they destroyed Qaddaffi and would have destroyed Assad and Syria, REFUSED AND STILL REFUSES TO DO ANYTHING AGAINST THE WORLD MENACE ISIS.

ISIS, is a rag tag ban of terrorists, criminals, and religious war lords….
Am I missing something here?

The worst fears of the US, when this Al Qaeda child from Hell, ISIS, took a third of IRAQ, in which thousands of US troops and millions of Iraqi citizens died to secure Iraq for “democracy” is going by the wayside and the vaunted US dithers?

Is there any doubt that the US is behind this ISIS menace?
With some deep sinister geo-political game at stake…

This is a world wide travesty. History will record that the US has holy blood on its hands for this.

We don't realize the sinister evil of US foreign policy

For the record!

edit on 6-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

Thanks for the news, I didn't the Iraqi gov't was dropping supplies, and god bless those Kurds! Unfortunately the Kurds are now greatly outgunned thanks to US weapons falling into he hands of ISIS.

No problem.

Apparently, the USA is also refusing to arm the Kurds for fear that it could empower them during any future partition plan...

Latest sources state that a group of Peshmerga fighters have reached the mountains, among reports that the Kurds are fighting to retake the town of Sinjar, where many of the Yazidi people fled from.

edition.cnn.com...
rudaw.net...
edit on 6-8-2014 by daaskapital because: sources

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
F the US and the West

What might happen is a force of Iranians, Syrians, Hezbollah, the Iraqis and Kurds, even the Lebanese may join now that ISIS has gone into Lebanon.

I hear Hezbollah kicked their buts in Syria

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

These people? Who? They hated the West for bringing stability? Stability where, Iraq?

Hit me, Swills!! I'm going long!!

All it takes for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing. Somebody famous said something like along those lines.

Had those people gotten behind the salvation they were offered instead of grousing over who did it for them they wouldn't be stuck up there. Is it worse now? Of course it is. Nature abhors a vacuum ... and so does evil. Who created the vacuum? What filled it? At what cost?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

So let me get this right, you're blaming them for ISIS and Iraq's instability? Are you also, at the same time, absolving the West of any responsibility for said instability?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   

So let me get this right, you're blaming them for ISIS and Iraq's instability?

Partially

Are you also, at the same time, absolving the West of any responsibility for said instability?

Not in the least.

You seem to like things in black and white. There are many shades of gray. If these are not acknowledged, one must accept that their view is extremist.

The problem with Iraq is competing plans. That's where the black and white ends. There are negative consequences built into both plans. ISIS implementation involves the blatantly obvious murder of people who won't go along. Cheney's plan involved collateral damage. In the long run, we'll still get our oil. The only variable is the cost of it and the currency used to pay.

-Cheers

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

So let me get this right, you're blaming them for ISIS and Iraq's instability?

Partially

Are you also, at the same time, absolving the West of any responsibility for said instability?

Not in the least.

You seem to like things in black and white. There are many shades of gray. If these are not acknowledged, one must accept that their view is extremist.

The problem with Iraq is competing plans. That's where the black and white ends. There are negative consequences built into both plans. ISIS implementation involves the blatantly obvious murder of people who won't go along. Cheney's plan involved collateral damage. In the long run, we'll still get our oil. The only variable is the cost of it and the currency used to pay.

-Cheers

" In the long run, we'll still get our oil. The only variable is the cost of it and the currency used to pay."

In reality probably the most important thing said in a long time. I don't think the US will become involved overtly in anything again until the attempt to change the reserve currency happens and the reduced flow of oil finishes the US economy. Death and destruction appears to be the recent mainstay of the middle east but until energy cost over power the US economy will America enter the shooting again. In a sense its never been about the oil but the control of it, and our current administration has lost any attempt a furthering control of cost and distribution.

With US policy virtually nonexistent this is what ultimately will finish America's economy, the ony aspect left to debate is, is it by design or negligence.

Governments don't consider life near as important as they do energy and infrastructure, people can talk sh*t about America all they want but in the end all governments are the same, cut off energy and the fighting begins, lose control and a contrived war will soon appear.

edit on 7-8-2014 by MarlinGrace because: spelling

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Insha'Allah ... it might rain.

These people hated on Western powers for providing stability in the region. Hard to name the lesser of the two evils?

Stability? Iraq has been in constant war since 2003..

We've got ringside seats to the formation of a new Caliphate. No one has seen atrocity, at scale, unless they lived through Stalin and Mao. Does anyone believe 'they' will be satisfied ruling the desert?

No we don't.. Only Muslims can establish a Caliphate.

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
F the US and the West

What might happen is a force of Iranians, Syrians, Hezbollah, the Iraqis and Kurds, even the Lebanese may join now that ISIS has gone into Lebanon.

I hear Hezbollah kicked their buts in Syria

Hezbollah are a force to be reckoned with... They aren't the rag-tag Terrorist network everyone seems to think they are.. They are a very sophisticated army and anyone fighting them will have trouble. There tactical warfare is second to none in that part of the world and 2006 against Israel is proof of that. Israel have also acknowledged their capabilities as better than most armies in the world.

edit on 7-8-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join