It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daily intake of aspirin cuts bowl and stomach cancer deaths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
We're all concerned about living healthy, more or less. But if there is an "easy" sollution to keep us from harm, should we follow this advice blindly and put our lives in the experts' hands, or do we accept some of the responsibility by evaluating this ourselves, as we should?

Taking aspirin every day can reduce the chance of developing or dying from bowel and stomach cancers, a review of all available evidence suggests. And scientists predict if everyone aged 50 and above in the UK took the drug for 10 years, some 122,000 deaths could be prevented over two decades. But they warn aspirin can cause internal bleeding and say medical advice must be sought before using it.
Source: BBC

"Google - Dangers of aspirin" - Do a google search by clicking the link and see what you find.

Is this an encouragement to use aspirin on a daily basis? I think so. But is it worth the not unlikely adverse effects? I am very uncertain about that.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Droogie
I heard this on the radio this morning.
I am thinking about incorporating it into my diet.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Just eat healthily and there should be no need to take any kind of pill.
Makes me wonder how on earth the human race survived in the past without all the pills.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm hesitant to take some pill on a daily basis in the belief that it will make me "healthier".

Now don't get me wrong, Aspirin is a wonderful drug, and it has its uses, which are many. It is a convenient and effective painkiller available to everyone, and I'm thankful we have things like that.

But I feel it's best to use medicine only for dire necessity. Relying so much on drugs is a weakness for the body, I think. I say toughen the f*ck up people, and don't take medicine for every little petty ailment that bothers you.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
i was under the impression that to much Aspirin can make your stomach bleed?

...not sure if i can take this information seriously ...

just saying

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I've been on a low dose aspirin regiment for about a year now. I haven't had any problems. I think with every medication, there's always a negative and positive aspect. I think it all depends upon the individual. Some people can take a particular medication and not feel any affect, and than others take the same medication and dosage but their body can't handle it.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I was told the best is the childs asprin

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   
silicon is the ingredient in aspirin that helps to keep blood flowing and provides good properties to our body. In moderation and in the right form is is good for us. Proper circulation is important, the blood is slipperier and things work better.

Now silica is in the right form in the peels of fruit. But we coat or poison the peel so we can make the food have a longer shelf life. So we have to peel the fruit or risk the side effects of the chemicals on our bodies.

Those who do eat a lot of fruit and peel get enough silicon in their diet and too much is as bad as not enough. It causes other problems. So your usual diet should be the deciding factor in taking aspirin. It is easy to find information on the silicon content of foods on the net, here is some info to start with. www.silicafoods.com...

Now, I want to stress that diet is important with this, don't be taking aspirins if you already eat a lot of silica rich foods. You can always take an aspirin when you feel you aren't getting enough in your diet though.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Glad to hear that, I have many bowl's with cancer and some of my plates are becoming infected also.
My whole dining room is heading for trouble.

Now if they could only do something about bowel cancer.....

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

The big risk is (internal) bleeding, a risk I have - but I still take a high dose of daily aspirin (325mg) and about once a year for about 5 days, a 1300-1500mg per day mega-dose to knock back disease-causing inflammation. Works for me. But won't for everyone - definitely work with your docs on this one.

F&S

posted on Aug, 7 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
low dose 75mg per day here..
No side effects.

top topics

join