It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Went under anesthesia yesterday

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Hello all,

I'd like to share my experience/story of going under anesthesia yesterday. This was only the second time in my life I have been under anesthesia and the first time was nothing like this one. In previous threads here, I've asked if anyone has seen a vibrant purple light/flame when going to sleep, meditating, or waking up.

Yesterday as they were asking me to breath in the medicine, I could feel myself slipping away. It started with a low hum in my ears. I fought it but eventually I went under. Well, when I woke up in recovery I could hear people around me saying they had never seen someone so happy and smiling after surgery. I had the biggest smile on my face and feeling of joy, love, and warmth. I didn't open my eyes but I saw many shapes of vibrant purple, and a lot of vibrant green, I swear the green was healing me or something. I swear it felt like it was massaging my soul.

These shapes would form one thing then another and all of them were loving,peaceful, and just full of all that is joy. I swear these shapes or vibrant colors I saw were comforting me and just showering me with love. The smile I had on my face was one no one could take off, it was just pure joy.

So, anyone else had this kind of experience coming out of anesthesia? I've had these colors and shapes before while meditating, falling asleep, and waking up, but just never this intense.
edit on 6-8-2014 by Gumerk because: Clarification

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

I was put under 19 times in one year and each experience was completely different.
Going under always felt the same it was the waking up that was different all the time.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Cool, but i didnt understand, you saw these lights whilst under the effect or when you were waking up?
what do you think they were?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
one time i woke up as as they were finishing my surgery taking my adenoids out, and i had some tubes in my mouth and didn't quite know where i was or what was going on when you first wake up so i started flailing about, it took 5 people to hold me down because i just wanted to sit up and they were holding me down and i almost bit off my tongue in the process, luckily today i have no damage from that lol, but i will always remember it .

edit on p0408p31Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:04:18 -0500042218 by pimptriggs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: athousandlives
Cool, but i didnt understand, you saw these lights whilst under the effect or when you were waking up?
what do you think they were?

as soon as I woke up and was aware of my surroundings, they were there. I didn't want to open my eyes because these colors and shapes were so beautiful and just blissful all I could do was smile. What they were? I really don't know what to call them...Love? That's what it felt like. The more they would change shapes and the more vibrant they got, the more I felt at peace and just pure bliss. I swear it was like a spiritual massage. Purple would get so intense, and it was steady/calming/loving/bonded like. Green would swirl around and get so intense, and it felt like a million smiles, laughs, and healing hands. Both the purple and green had a hint of brilliant white mixed in with them at times.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I've been under twice. The second time last July. Each time my blood pressure remained very low for two days. At one point, it was 20/29. I don't remember them putting me under but I do remember coming to in recovery. I was having trouble swallowing. But I passed out and then awoke in my room in severe pain. They stopped giving me pain meds because of my blood pressure and I had to take the brunt of the pain. That's hard when it's back surgery dealing with cut-out bone. But I did it. Anesthesia usually has a bad effect on people from what I hear, but good for you that you had a good experience from it!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
Hello all,

I'd like to share my experience/story of going under anesthesia yesterday. This was only the second time in my life I have been under anesthesia and the first time was nothing like this one. In previous threads here, I've asked if anyone has seen a vibrant purple light/flame when going to sleep, meditating, or waking up.

Yesterday as they were asking me to breath in the medicine, I could feel myself slipping away. It started with a low hum in my ears. I fought it but eventually I went under. Well, when I woke up in recovery I could hear people around me saying they had never seen someone so happy and smiling after surgery. I had the biggest smile on my face and feeling of joy, love, and warmth. I didn't open my eyes but I saw many shapes of vibrant purple, and a lot of vibrant green, I swear the green was healing me or something. I swear it felt like it was massaging my soul.

These shapes would form one thing then another and all of them were loving,peaceful, and just full of all that is joy. I swear these shapes or vibrant colors I saw were comforting me and just showering me with love. The smile I had on my face was one no one could take off, it was just pure joy.

So, anyone else had this kind of experience coming out of anesthesia? I've had these colors and shapes before while meditating, falling asleep, and waking up, but just never this intense.

Have you ever heard of chakras ?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Yeah, drugs make you feel good.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I would venture to guess it's because you have meditated prior to this and them suggesting to breathe triggered you to replicate your mediating rituals. The purple and green are from your eyeballs. Optic nerve, Retina? I don't know. I see those colours as wel, if my eyes are partially open or trance like. Mostly when I just wake up. The colours are vibrant , neon-like. I do not meditate. Nor is there any peaceful feeling attached. It's like when you try to see your own aura, your eyes go into a gaze and you see it, yet it's really just the eyes doing it.

So I think this is how you perceived it to be and if it's soothing for you, then by all means enjoy it

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Chemical reactions to the chemicals used. Then more additional reactions to oxygen being re-introduced at higher levels (coming out of it).

So...you have: Oxygen>Oxygen and Chemicals (sedation begins)>Chemicals & less oxygen (surgery)>Oxygen & chemicals(coming out of it)> and finally Oxygen (recovery).

The whole time, your brain is feeling, seeing and hearing things in combinations while trying to return to homeostatis (the bodies ability to maintain itself normally again.)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Just a thought.....

Maybe you haven't awoke yet and your still under. This could all be a dream.

Could you just be dreaming of posting this on ATS?

Hmmm.......

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cruithneach
Yeah, drugs make you feel good.

Funny how that works. In your day-to-day life you don't notice how much you are driven by pain, hunger, etc. It isn't until it's all taken away that you realize how much pain you carry around. Unfortunately, it's what keeps us moving and alive.

I've always said that scientists will never come up with human-like artificial intelligence until they can figure out a way to simulate pain in their programs.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

After my last surgery for a hernia, the Doc came down to check on me and I was up and dressed and ready to leave (outpatient) and playing golf on my PSP. He was quite taken aback. He'd never seen anyone recover that fast. Of course, I did know that I would be feeling it later, but at the time felt ok and ready to go. The less time spent in a hospital the better as far as I'm concerned.

But nothing purple, nor green that I remember. I just woke up and was ready to go. Ummm....by the way, two days later...not so much. LOL

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Sounds like you had a pleasant experience. Somehow, it always makes me extremely irritable (and I'm kinda the opposite most days) and also gives me self-discernible memory loss for a few months. It affects my son the same way. When he last went under as a tree-year old, the nurse brought him a Popsicle in recovery, and he threw it at her, turned to the wall, and said leave me alone!

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

strange, i've often wondered if having an anaesthetic could give you an oobe or something like that, especially if you've trained yourself in such a relaxed state, if the anaesthetic kind of helps you along the way?

my mum has had several anaesthetics and shes always sworn shes had dreams under it, i didn't think you could dream under it?

i do remember when i came out of back surgery about 8 years ago, i saw the bright white light in the recovery room and crapped myself cus i though i was dead.
edit on 08Wednesday51ppAmerica/Chicago65108 by slippeddisc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: pimptriggs

are you red headed by any chance?

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: slippeddisc

I think that when you accept the fact that you are going under a anesthetic, that your experience will be better than going under full of trepidation.

A mind at ease, so to speak. I hate the saying, "It is what it is.", but sometimes, that's just the way it is.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mwood
Just a thought.....

Maybe you haven't awoke yet and your still under. This could all be a dream.

Could you just be dreaming of posting this on ATS?

Hmmm.......

Now, Mwood, that was just E-V-I-L!

The last time I had anesthesia, it was just like time skipped. I couldn't believe that a few hours had passed. That must be what alien abductees feel like.

The first time "under," when I was a child many moons ago, I had vivid visions that I insisted were real, including a sign posted in the OR door that read, "No clothing beyond this point." The drugs that put you under do very strange things, indeed.

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
That would be the effects of ketamine, ketamine is a powerfull anesthetic in high doses but psychedelic in lower doses you might want to check out the vault on erowid www.erowid.org...

effects - www.erowid.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
No matter what some claim, what you see while being anesthetized, or on any drug, can't be a valid experience. You're subjected to drugs that are changing your brain chemistry, so how can you trust what you see? It's like seeing a purple rabbit while using '___' and saying all rabbits are actually purple, we're just not tuned in to it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join